\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 17

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
  • 23 Sep 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • BY KAVITA AWAASTHI

Shiva goes strong

Life OK's popular mythological saga, Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev, continued its strong run with the maha-episode (aired on September 9) that recorded 8.2 — the highest TVR rating for any General Entertainment Channel. Producer Nikhil Sinha says, "The show has connected with the audience. The story of Shiva's life has never been told this way before. The casting has also worked in our favour. It is very motivating to receive positive feedback, especially from the younger audiences that watch the show. The TRPs have been an icing on the cake."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Rishiraj-Pawar-all-set-to-essay-Kartikeya-in-Mahadev/articleshow/16527870.cms?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweets

Rishiraj Pawar all set to essay Kartikeya Mahadev

The Masses remember him as a brave Chandragupta, yes! You guessed it right; we are talking about Rishiraj Pawar. This young prodigy with his strong acting capabilities took the historical show, Chandragupta Maurya to the next level. Once again he is back in another ace show on Life OK.

With the promos on air, Rishiraj Pawar will essay lord Kartikeya in Devo Ke Dev... Mahadev. Talking on the role Rishiraj says, "Firstly, I am a big fan of Mahadev, so it was my dream to essay a role in the show and getting a role of Kartikeya was cherry on the pie for me."

"Another thing I would like to share is that my family being a Mahadev fan, always said that I will be the perfect match for the character of Kartikeya. So I thought of taking my family's word seriously and I called up the production house for the same role conveying about my interest in it. Fortunately, they called me for the look test and finalized me immediately," adds Rishiraj.

Earlier Rishiraj was seen portraying young Chandragupta and now he will be seen essaying a very aggressive god Kartikeya on which Rishiraj observes, "I know Kartikeya is a very aggressive and destructive god. But nothing much has been written and said about this god so far. Basically, Kartikeya is much worshiped in the south and I wanted to make them feel proud about their god."

Mahadev is the number show on Life OK so how much responsibility have you taken to essay Kartikeya, "Frankly speaking, I am enjoying the phase as I love doing stunts, fight sequences and all those marshal arts, so for me hard work is as equal as being responsible and I know I am working hard towards it," signs off Rishiraj.

And nothr article bout Anushka Sen d little Parvati :)

Anushka Sen to join Shama Sikander and Karishma Tanna in Baal Veer

TOI.com exclusively wrote about SAB TV's new offering Baal Veer marking Karishma Tanna's return to daily soaps. Shama Sikander will also be part of this supernatural show and will essay an equivalent role to that of Karishma Tanna's character.

Now, the latest we have heard is that apart from Karishma Tanna and Shama Sikander essaying pivotal roles in the show, Anushka Sen, last seen in Life OK's Devo Ke Dev... Mahadevwill join hands with the cast. While a new child actor will essay the role of Baal Veer.

The show is all about a boy, hailing from a different supernatural world, having powers to fight against evil, Anushka will essay a character of a normal girl without any powers.

The channel will undergo certain programming changes to put Baal Veer in the primetime slot.

As per the reports, the show will go on air from 8th of October, 8:00 pm while the promos will hit the airwaves from Monday (17th September).

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Khyati Keswani as Kritikain in Mahadev!

Off late, TOI.com reported about Rishiraj Pawar finalized to essay lord Kartikeya in Life Ok's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, produced by Traingle Films Company. Once again we come up with some exclusive dope on the show. 

We hear that Khyati Khandke Keswani, popularly known for her stint from the ace show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and was last seen in Saubhagyavati Bhava on the same channel,will now show her talent in Mahadev as Kritikain.

As per the track the energy ball which will hit the earth breaks into 6 pieces which eventually gets nourished by 6 Kritikains, where Khyati will essay the head of these Kritikas, who will take care of Kartikaye.

Though Parvati ( Sonarika Bhadoria) comes down to earth to ask for their child, these Kritikains get into a tiff with her claiming right on Kartikeya as they have saved him from the evils on the earth. For which Parvati and Mahadev ( Mohit Raina) agrees on and give permission to take care of Kartiyeka till he grows up.

When contacted Khyati, she confirmed, "I didn't get to play such different roles earlier but I am feeling fortunate to get those now. I am enjoying thoroughly essaying a role in the show."

Khayti's entry is expected to hit the airwaves tomorrow, 26th September!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Devon ke Dev Mahadev recreates its magic on the banks of Ganga

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 | 12:59:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Devon ke Dev Mahadev recreates its magic on the banks of Ganga

The entire team of the show came together to discuss the journey of Mahadev on the banks of the pious River Ganga.

Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev , the mythological epic on Life OK has captured the imagination of the nation and as the show enters a new phase with the birth of Lord Shiva and Parvati's son, Kartikeya; a one of its kind event was held on 24th September 2012 on the banks of Ganga (in the city of Varanasi), to celebrate and discuss the journey of Mahadev. Present on the occasion were Mr. Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK, renowned actor & vocalist, Mr. Manoj Tiwari and the creative team from Devon Ke. Dev Mahadev who introduced the new chapter in Mahadev's life.        

The show has magnificently depicted the journey of Mahadev touching upon Lord Shiva's essence and ideals of honesty, integrity and family values. Through his journey from hermit to householder, the show captures the symbolism of various situations that people deal with in today's day and age. Each chapter of the show is aimed at spreading knowledge of his values and beliefs. As Mahadev moves on with this married life, the next big occasion is the birth of his son, Kartikeya, who emerged out of the Holy River Ganga. A record of sorts was created as for the first time in the history of Indian television, a real life mythological sequence was symbolically recreated on the banks of Ganga.    

The evening witnessed Mr. Ajit Thakur taking centre stage by initiating discussions on the relevance of Mahadev in today's times.  Vocalist Manoj Tiwari along with his musical troupe added an incredible spiritual aura through their soulful renditions of Shiva Vandanas, or songs of admiration. Nitin Shukla/ Sanjog Gupta from the creative team spoke of tales untold, how Kartikeya was conceived to slay the Asura Tarkasur. Just as the story of his birth unfolded, Kartikeya emerged out of the River Ganga to greet the people of Varanasi amidst chants of Har Har Mahadev

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK, said, "Devon ke Dev… Mahadev is a show that brings families together. As a channel, it is our endeavor to provide entertaining and relatable content that is able to make a difference to people's lives. The show has taken a life of its own and we're extremely delighted with the kind of response the audience has shown us. With Kartikeya's birth, we hope that people appreciate the hard work we're putting in to provide good family entertainment."

Mr. Manoj Tiwari stated, "Mahadev has had a strong influence in my life. Growing up in Varanasi, we have heard innumerable tales of Shiva. And now with Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, it is amazing to see these stories come to life. I am grateful to Life OK for making me an integral part of the celebration of Kartikeya's birth, the son of Mahadev."

As the day progressed into a beautiful sunset, a special Ganga Arti, in honour of the holy beings was organized at Assi Ghat. Five poojaris sung praises of Lord Shiva and many lit diya's in prayers for their loved ones. The day ended with peace and blissful satisfaction, as the team paid homage to the greatest show on Indian television, Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Back to the roots

Hemanth Kumar | September 27, 2012 | 0 Comments
Twitter2 Facebook11 Google+0 
Reddit0

After a long hiatus, mythology is back with a bang on TV. Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, the popular TV serial based on the lives of Lord Shiva, Sati and Parvati has beaten even shows like KBC and Dance India Dance Li'L Masters.

In an age where TV channels are filled with reality shows and daily soaps about scheming saas-bahus, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, a mythological serial aired on Life OK, comes as a whiff of fresh air. This hugely popular TV serial, which recounts the legend of Lord Shiva, has not only been capturing audiences' attention across all age groups but also finding audiences in newer shores, thanks to the Internet. On September 9, a special episode depicting Lord Shiva's wedding procession got a phenomenal 8.2 TRP, which is the highest for any TV show on a general enterainment channel this year. The episode even beat the likes of Kaun Banega Crorepati and the grand finale of Dance India Dance Li'L Masters.

So what's the reason behind the immense popularity of this TV show? "It's quite different from everything that's on TV these days. I believe it's a positive sign that the younger generation has found interest in a religious TV show like Mahadev," Shobha Singh, a homemaker says. "I like the narration and Sonarika, who plays Parvati in the show, is really good."

For a generation which grew up watching Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan and BR Chopra's Mahabharat back in the late 80s, Mahadev is nothing short of a trip back into the good old days of their childhood. It all changed in the early 2000s with the advent of K serials and then reality shows, dance shows totally changed the demographics of TV viewership. Mahadev, which was initially titled as Sati, had premiered on December 18, 2011 on Star Plus and when Star Network launched Life OK, this TV serial became a flagship program of the channel. Directed by Nikhil Sinha and Manish Singh, the serial's rich visuals and extravagant sets caught the attention of the TV audience immediately and since then the numbers have been increasing.

"The story of Lord Shiva hasn't been narrated as much as other gods on TV. That's one of the reasons why it's so interesting to watch. This is the first time I am watching a mythological TV show of this magnitude since Mahabharat. Besides, I find it quite spiritual and it's a welcome break indeed from all the terrible reality shows and K serials which have been ruling the roost for a while now," Kumari, a homemaker from Hyderabad, says. She's one among the thousands of women in Andhra Pradesh who have been watching the dubbed version of Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev on MAA TV.

Earlier this year, when MAA TV bought the rights to air the show in Telugu, it ended up giving it a dead slot, which signifies that it wasn't going to compete with any other show in primetime. "We began airing the show at 5pm on weekdays and it really is a dead slot because most TV channels air movies during that time. Surprisingly, the show got a great response. It has maintained a healthy TRP rating around 1.5 and for some episodes, it even touched two," the head of fiction programming at MAA TV reveals. As the buzz surrounding the show grew, MAA TV decided to replay the show on Sundays. "Since the show is aired at 5pm on weekdays, the audience comprises mostly women, but we knew that a lot of men were also interested in the show. Recently, we began telecasting all the episodes from the week on Sundays from 9am-12pm The response has been terrific," the head of fiction programming at MAA TV adds.

The success of Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev seems to have revived the interest in exploring more mythological TV shows. Colors TV is telecasting Jai Sri Krishna and Zee TV recently began airing Ramayan. Will the success of Mahadev pave way for more such TV shows? Only time can tell, but there's no denying that we are connecting back to the roots with such shows.

http://postnoon.com/2012/09/27/back-to-the-roots/76108

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Arun Bali as Tarkasur's father in Mahadev!

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 8, 2012, 02.57PM IST
inShare
Read More:Traingle Films Company|Kartikeya|Devo Ke Dev Mahadev|Arun Bali
Arun Bali as Tarkasur's father in Mahadev!
Arun-Bali
With Kartikeya's birth in Life OK's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, Tarkasur's death is nearing. The makers ( Traingle Films Company) are on cloud nine these days as Mahadev being the Numero Uno show on the channel and are not leaving any stone unturned to grab larger eye balls. 

As per the track, Tarkasur's father will come into the limelight to save Tarakasur from Kartikeya. Unlike Tarakasur, his father is not evil and will get worried for Tarakasur's impending death. 

To essay the character of Tarakasur's father, the production has roped in the veteran seasoned actor Arun Bali, who is currently seen in two block buster movies, namely Barfi and Oh My God! 

Arun Bali has started shooting for the show. "Its not possible for me to play hero's role at this age so have taken the role of Tarakasur's father in Mahadev," confirmed Arun Bali in a jolly way. 

Audiences fasten the seat belts to witness the fuming battle between Kartikeya and Tarakasur. 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev – Bringing The Supreme God To Life In Majestic Style

India, Hindustan, Bharat, three names for the same country which is the seventh largest by area, second largest by population and the largest democracy in the world. The very essence of each of these names is derived from ancient history which in turn owes its origin to mythology.

The name India is derived from Indus, which originates from the Old Persian word Hindu (Hindustan thus being the 'land of the Hindus'). The latter term stems from the Sanskrit word Sindhu, which was the historical local appellation for the Indus River which powered one of the world's earliest urban civilizations viz. the Indus Valley Civilization. The river Indus originates in the Tibetan plateau in the vicinity of Lake Mansarovar which is one of largest freshwater lakes in the world and of extreme significance to Hindus and Buddhists. For thousands of years India has been known to be the land of religion, spirituality and mysticism all of which stems from its very name and roots in Hinduism.

Hinduism, with about one billion followers, is the world's third largest religion, after Christianity and Islam. It is also one of the oldest schools of thought in the world with earliest evidence dating back to the early Harappan period (c. 5500–2600 BCE). It was however during the Vedic period (c. 1700–500 BCE), that the foundations of Hindu philosophy, mythology, and literature were laid, and many beliefs and practices which still exist today, such as dhrma, krma, yga, and mok?a, were established. Hinduism is also considered to be the mother of most religions shaped by various historical schools of thought, including those of the Upanishads, Yoga Sutras, Bhakti movement, and Buddhist philosophy.

Anyone who visits India particularly around an important religious festival of the country would be amazed to see the magnanimity of idol worship and the number of deities prevalent in the country. That count is said to stand at 330 million, although a more rational view contends that the number actually represents infinity and denotes the infinite forms of God. For all practical purposes though, modern day Hinduism has only three main gods; "Brahma-Vishnu-Maheshwara" also referred to as the Trimurti. Of the three it is only Vishnu and Shiva who are worshiped in one of many forms around the world. While Vishnu and his ten avatars are popular and well depicted on film, television and through the timeless epics of the Ramayana and Mahabharata, the mythology around the life of Shiva (also known as Devon Ke Dev Mahadev) was so far left largely unexplored.

Shiva is in fact the only major Hindu deity known to reside on Earth at the peaks of Mount Kailash in his true avatar whereas Vishnu requires an incarnation to be present on the blue planet. The life and form of Shiva is one of terrific intrigue offering timeless lessons that can be applied to modern day life even today. He is one of the few Hindu gods to be worshiped in both symbolic (see Lingam) and physical form. The mythological tales around Shiva and his consort Parvati (previously Sati) refer to numerous temples spread across India which have become major destinations of religious tourism today. Surprisingly, a magnum opus based on the life of Shiva had been missing from Indian television for many years. Indian audiences have an insatiable appetite for mythology so it was just a matter of time before the only unexplored mega Hindu deity was brought to life on the telly.

On December 18, 2011, Life OK an Indian cable and satellite channel, owned and produced by STAR TV and distributed worldwide by Fox International Channels premiered a show titled "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev". The show combined various sources on the life of the deity including the Shiva Puranas and research by noted Indian mythologist Devdutt Pattnaik. Within a few months post its launch it has become one of the most popular shows on Indian television captivating the imagination of audiences across all age groups. Devon Ke Mahadev chronicles the life of Shiva starting from his relationship with Sati, his unwillingness to get married to her due to her flaws, the subsequent marriage and consequences of the same. In the process it has depicted numerous facts that are stated in the various works of Shiva mythology but have been relatively unknown to Indian audiences. The self-immolation of Sati, consequent suffering of Shiva, formation of the river Ganga, marriage to Parvati and her journey to becoming a part of Shiva and the source of all energy on Earth has received a great reception from viewers.

Some of the reasons behind the success of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has been the terrific attention to detail to every topic shown which in today's world can be instantly verified through a Google search. Additionally, the presentation of the show which encompasses the characters, the performances, the sets, costumes, background music etc has been flawless. One individual who has received rave reviews for his performance on the show is actor Mohit Raina who essays the lead role of Lord Shiva himself. 30 year old Mohit (who bears a resemblance in appearance and voice to MS Dhoni) who hails from the abode of Shiva (Jammu and Kashmir) was a professional model and little known soap star before he landed the title role in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Mohit who had a very lean physique prior to the show was asked to put on weight and bulk up as part of his preparation in addition to taking diction lessons in Hindi and learning Kathak. His characterization of Lord Shiva actually brings him close to the deity's popular idol form which is why he has become a subject of immense attention and audience adulation.

Post the success of the show the on-screen Devon Ke Dev Mahadev now faces the challenge of not being type-casted in the same kind of roles and more importantly handling the attention of his fans. Given the fanaticism for mythology and god in India he is likely to have unsettling encounters with people who would treat him as if he were REALLY Lord Shiva.

We Indians are very emotional. In fact on the sets, when we get visitors, they ask me to pose for them in weird positions. One guy took my snap and gifted it to his grandmother! People also ask me to solve their problems. – said Mohit when queried about being idolized as god in remote parts of India as a result of his performance on Devon Ke Dev Mahadev (Source: Screen India)

Well, Mohit and the entire team behind the show have done a terrific job of depicting the various aspects of Shiva while also educating the masses with timeless principles on how to lead a happy life. We just hope that some of the show's magic rubs off on the country's politicians many of whom are staunch followers of Shiva and use their own religious principles to mis-guide the masses. What do you think of the show? Share your thoughts by dropping a comment and help us make this feature interactive and engaging.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sonarika wants her life partner to be like Mahadev

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Oct 7, 2012, 05.14PM IST
inShare
Read More:Sonarika Bhadoria|Mahadev|Heart
Sonarika wants her life partner to be like Mahadev
Sonarika Bhadoria
Actor Sonarika Bhadoria who currently plays the role of Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devo Ke Dev...Mahadev feels that it is difficult to get a man likeMahadev in real life. 

"I would love to have someone like him in real life who can love me unconditionally. I want somebody who is romantic at Heart and can do romantic stuff for me. From taking me for long drives to gifting me flowers, he should pamper me," says she. 

For Sonarika love is yet to happen but Sonarika's ideal man's definition would be a positive person who is good at heart and most importantly he has to love her parents. "I want a mature person who can take care of me and my parents. He has to be a person with matured thoughts. I just love the concept of older men." Sonarika's favourite couple in recent times is Saif and Kareena. "They look absolutely stunning together," she ends.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

News! News! News! Once again TOI.com brings some hot and sizzling dope for our readers. Yesterday (8th October, 2012), we exclusively reported about Life OK's programming changes in order to welcome few new projects to the channel.

We too wrote about channels decision to axe few shows where in Main Lakshmi Tere Angan Ki is stood first in the line to get axed. Now according to a source Hats Off Production's Alakshmi too will bite the dust along with Main Lakshmi.

But that's not the entire story. We too hear that for Wizcraft Production's Ram Leela with Ajay Devgn the channel has asked production houses of Devo Ke Dev Mahadev and Amrit Manthan to air their content for 45 Minutes instead of 30.

Therefore from 5th to 16th of November, Mahadev and Amrit Manthan will air for 45 minutes each, followed by Ram Leela with Ajay Devgn airing from 9:30 to 10:30 PM. sounds interesting!

On the other hand Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz will air from 22nd of October, Monday to Friday from 7:00 to 8:00 pm, followed by Mahadev, whereas Savdhaan India will get a shifted to the next slot.

It is also heard that channel is still contemplating on the changes whether to continue Alakshmi and Main Lakshmi till 2nd of November or to axe the shows on 21st and telecast the repeats in the mean time.

When contacted, Nikhil Sinha, producer of Mahadev, stated, "Yes, that's true channel has asked us to give 45 mins of content to the channel. Rest we are concentrating on our maha episode of Kartikeya."

All our efforts to reach Rajan Shahi were futile.

With so many changes, it's time to rejoice,Mahadev and Amrit Manthan's fans!

Mahadev, Amrit Manthan to air 45 mins; Alakshmi too gets axed