Kkusum
Kkusum

Vidhi walks out of Kkusum

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 4:51am | IP Logged

Being Sidelined: Mouli Ganguly plays Vidhi in Kkusum

While there are thousands of aspirants dying to get a break in one of the prime-time telly soaps, there are many disillusioned actors abruptly backing out while the serial is still going strong.

This time, it's actress Mouli Ganguly who has decided to quit from the Balaji serial Kkusum (Sony), "in which I play the scheming Vidhi opposite Akashdeep Saigal."

Strangely, Kkusum has had a bizarre history of "drop outs", right from Nausheen Sardar Ali to the recent exit of Narayani Shastri. Considering Ganguly's claim to fame was her portrayal of Shaina in the Balaj serial Kahiin Kissi Roz, was she not compromising on her loyalty to the production house?

"I have the highest regard for the Balaji banner. They played a major role in my success story. Which is why I intimated their creative head Nivedita Basu well in advance that I was not be interested in playing Vidhi any more," says Ganguly.

What led to this premature exit? "I was assured that mine would be a parallel lead role along with the Kkusum character, which is why I accepted the role. Later, I realised that I was relegated to a sixth parallel role, after shifting more prominence to five other characters.

Even my requirements for the shoot had become erratic. After playing the title role of Saakshi and the parallel lead with Aishwarya Rai in Raincoat, I realised I was on reverse gear with my dwindling exposure in Kkusum," grouses Ganguly.

But with the upcoming Manish Goswami serial Sarkar on Zee TV, wasn't she being overshadowed by the formidable Divya Seth and the two glamour actresses Tisca Chopra and Shveta Salve?

"That's a wrong perception. My character, as the widowed Krutika, is very strong.  While everyone else is in awe of my powerful mother (Seth), I am the only person who can dare to get into an argument with her. And my character is one of the few non-political characters in Sarkar," she justifies.

As of now though, Mouli is still shooting for Kkusum. Whether they "replace" her or "do away" with Vidhi's character remains to be seen.

Kkusum's walkouts

Nausheen Ali Sardar (Kkusum)
She quit the show in February last year. The reason was her unhappiness with the prospect of playing a mother to a grown up daughter

Narayani Shastri (Taashu)
Shastri, who played the vampish Taashu, quit the show a few days ago. She found herself in a crowd with too many negative characters around

Mouli Ganguly (Vidhi)
The latest to join the bandwagon is Mouli Ganguly

KinshukLuvsDina IF-Sizzlerz
KinshukLuvsDina
KinshukLuvsDina

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 4:59am | IP Logged

hahahha every1'z leavin u ekta mai LOLLOL

but da question is y???Confused

MeenZ Newbie
MeenZ
MeenZ

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:36am | IP Logged

Looks like this show is just going nowhere....every1 is leaving....wonder if Ekta will quit one day Confused LOL

But seriously if this show doesn't change storyline then it looks like itz going down....they need to rename the show...I think it should be called "Kkusumz ki DushmanZ"......looks for the time being she's got more enemies than any1 else!!!!

Edited by MeenZ - 05 April 2005 at 6:37am
HugabbleJaan Senior Member
HugabbleJaan
HugabbleJaan

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:27am | IP Logged

Yep!!! Everyone is leaving.. LOL Looks like no noe wants to stick around. Aww.... I have strong feeling all the sudden this show will come to end. What u ppl think?

samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:32am | IP Logged
well when will every1 drop out so the show can end btw thanx 4 sharin
xoneha Senior Member
xoneha
xoneha

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:02pm | IP Logged

hehe.

POOOR EKTA.

not

saarahkhann IF-Dazzler
saarahkhann
saarahkhann

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
i think its now time for ekta to consider ending Kkusum 
sumaira.daud Goldie
sumaira.daud
sumaira.daud

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:31pm | IP Logged

Some people are saying that Trishul is a mohra brought up by Taashu or she just hired him.  Maybe it's the opposite.  Maybe Vidhi is the one who's the Mohra or the hired one.  Maybe she'll be sick and tired of doing everything and decide to tell the Kapoor Khandaan whats going on, but before she gets to tell them Trishul will kill her, as he did with Sohan.  Maybe they'll kill Vidhi off!

Go to top