chat transcript

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 3:24am | IP Logged

Kulraj Kaur
TV actress

"After marriage if my husband wants me to quit this industry, I'd consider it his right and (I) think will do as he says."

Rekha > What's the reaction of people when they see you on the road? Do they call you a LIAR?. Hehehehee!
Kulraj Kaur > Hahahhaahahhah, they call me "Kareena Kareena." In fact my relatives call me a "LIAR."

Beautiful_kulraj9 > How do you got the role of 'Kareena' in the serial?
Kulraj Kaur > The production company had got a reference about my name and they called me for an audition. Then they liked me as a "liar" and I am lying ever since (smiles).

Somya > How was your meeting with Shah Rukh Khan?
Kulraj Kaur > It was awesome! I think people wait for this opportunity for ages, but with god's grace I got it pretty soon in life.

Aarif > Hi Kulraj, you are very elegant. What do you feel?
Kulraj Kaur > Thank you, I am hounoured! And I think too that I am elegant.

Beautiful_kulraj9 > Hi Kulraj, who is your favourite character in the serial Kareena Kareena ?
Kulraj Kaur > 'Kareena'

Subash singh > Your dad is an army officer. How did he allow you to act in TV? What was his first reaction, when he heard about your decision to act?
Kulraj Kaur > He did everything else except pointing the gun towards me- Hahhahahaha! Initially, he was against it but now he is with me.

Badge > This is your debut TV serial, and you are playing a married woman in it. Won't it affect your future prospects in films and other serials, if you have to play a younger image?
Kulraj Kaur > If you have seen the serial properly, I am a total contrast of a married woman. It means I have convinced you that I am married but actually I am not married (in the serial). In the serial, I am a radio jockey.

Aarif > Are you really married?
Kulraj Kaur > No, I am not. I am single and happy.

Chalti-kudi > How do you feel when people call you an older woman in real life? Is it a dampener?
Kulraj Kaur > You are the first person to tell me that. People usually ask me what college I am going to.

Chandigarhwali > Anyone special yet in your life? Have you found anyone? What sort of a person would you like to have, as a life partner?
Kulraj Kaur > Not yet. I 'd want somebody who is patient, a good listener (listen to how much I talk), has balanced looks and a great sense of humour.

Sanjog > Who else do you have in your family?
Kulraj Kaur > My dad, mom and an older sister who is a doctor.

Aarif > I think you don't care for your fan club, seriously.
Kulraj Kaur > No, that's not the case. Absolutely not true. I try my best to stay in touch with my fans and love to get feedback from them. But busy schedules do not allow me to interact much.

Subash singh > What are your future projects? Any plans to enter into movies?
Kulraj Kaur > Yes, there are plans. There are few (film offers) in the pipeline, but there's nothing concrete as yet.

Beautiful_kulraj9 > Who is your favourite star with whom you would like to act in the future?
Kulraj Kaur > Abhishek Bachchan.

Jigs > Have you signed any other serials? Or, you are tied to this one only. Are you on a contract with them for Kareena Kareena ?
Kulraj Kaur > Yeah, I am on a contract for this show for sometime. But in a short while I shall start other projects.

Beautiful_kulraj9 > What is your favourite dress code?
Kulraj Kaur > Casuals - Jeans and a t-shirt.

Jigs > ABHISHEK! He is my favourite star too. Do you have a crush on him? Have you met him? What will you tell him when you meet him?
Kulraj Kaur > He is my favourite. Yes, I do have a crush on him. I have not met him, but will (do so) very soon. I will tell him, "You are great."

Heena > How did you bag the roe in Kareena Kareena ? Did you have any contacts in this industry?
Kulraj Kaur > I come from a totally non -filmy background. I guess my talent and hard work helped me bagged the role.

Meera > What are your hobbies and what do you do in your free time?
Kulraj Kaur > Hobbies - reading, driving, playing squash. In my free time, I sleep!

Tina > Do you like to party?
Kulraj Kaur > Yes, at times. But I am not a party animal.

Aarif > What if your REAL husband tells you to quit the industry?
Kulraj Kaur > It's his right. I think I will quit.

Beautiful_kulraj9 > What you think about Kareena Kapoor?
Kulraj Kaur > She's a great actress.

Gary > What made you take up acting as a career? Was it planned?
Kulraj Kaur > Not at all. I am a management graduate. I would have got into business or corporate, but I started getting offers (to act) at a very young age so thought of giving it a try.

Hima > When is your birthday? Mind telling us your age too?
Kulraj Kaur > Birthday is 16th of May.

Luar > Did you train in acting? You do it so well, very naturally. You must be participating in plays when you were in school and college?
Kulraj Kaur > I have done a training course with Kishore Namit Kapoor. But I had this feeling that I was an actor in my previous life, and just before getting the award I died hahahahahah (I am joking).

Lavy > Hi Kulraj, I like your TV show. Good to hear that you are also from a Fauji (army) background. Fauji kids rule!
Kulraj Kaur > Yeah, they rule and they rock.

Aarif > Kulraj, is it possible that you come for the chat everyday and we have endless chats?
Kulraj Kaur > Then, who's going to act in the serial?

Karmagnya > When will you marry Tushar (in the serial)?
Kulraj Kaur > That's for you to guess!

Tina > What is the best thing you like in being an actress in a TV serial?
Kulraj Kaur > You get the feedback instantly, and you reach every nook and corner of the world.

Leofriend82 > What do you think about films?
Kulraj Kaur > I think it's a great medium. It's a very challenging platform for an actor.

Lavy > I like Aarif's idea!
Kulraj Kaur > Don't depend on each other's ideas. Make your own.

Leofriend82 > What do you think about your boy friend?
Kulraj Kaur > Off screen I am still searching. And on screen I am still pursuing.

Lavy > Kulraj, are you insecure of Jassi?
Kulraj Kaur > No, because Jassi Jaise Koi Nahi !

Beautiful_kulraj9 > Who is your role model?
Kulraj Kaur > God.

Lavy > What's the real Kulraj like? Do you lie in real life also?
Kulraj Kaur > What do you think? In real life, I am full of energy, high on life and very talkative. I am not a saint and I am not a liar either. I am (just) human.

Sheela1963 > How did you get the offer of Kareena Kareena ?
Kulraj Kaur > I auditioned for it and they liked me as a "Liar".

Lagey_raho > Kulraj, in your opinion who is the best TV actress so far?
Kulraj Kaur > "Kareena" (Kulraj).

Beautiful_kulraj9 > Kulraj, you have such long hair. How do you manage them?
Kulraj Kaur > Nariyal Ka Tel or Ma Ka Pyaar (coconut oil and mom's love).

Beautiful_kulraj9 > Which is your dream role?
Kulraj Kaur > Madhubala in Mughle–E-Azam and from the recent movie, Rani Mukherjee in BLACK.

Aarif > What do you feel when people admire you?
Kulraj Kaur > I feel great, and thank god for this.

Jigs > What are your future plans?
Kulraj Kaur > Do some good movie projects, get married and have kids.

Sign Off Message > Thank you for all the questions. It was great talking to all of you. Life is great; get the best out of it - Kyunki Life Mein Twist Hai . Love, Kulraj.

i m sorry if u read it.

Lima Goldie
Lima
Lima

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:23am | IP Logged

thx radz.

Lima

GeorgiaGirl Newbie
GeorgiaGirl
GeorgiaGirl

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:27am | IP Logged

She seems a bit conceited in some of her answers.  Like....

saarahkhann IF-Dazzler
saarahkhann
saarahkhann

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

She seems a bit conceited in some of her answers.  Like....

I KNOW THATS WAT I THINK TOO

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top