Expectations and Disappointments- By an IPKKND fan

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Right from the very first promo, IPKKND promised to be an intense love-hate story with a mature and sensible handling. The leads were meant to be two strong-willed individuals with a very distinct view towards life. It was meant to be there journey of life and togetherness, where they cross several hurdles to find true love in each other.

Somewhere down the line, something went very wrong. The makers could not strike a balance between the love story, drama and comedy. It's like watching a different show every day. One day it is intense emotional roller coaster and the next day it is ludicrous comedy. 

To give the audience a taste of all the flavors, it is necessary to have a blend of romance, drama, comedy. It's just like the perfect recipe. All the ingredients should in the right proportion. If one ingredient is added more than the right proportion, it overpowers all other flavors leaving an unwanted taste.

I am not complaining about the comedy. Neither do I want to watch high voltage drama or a sappy story. All the elements should be there but the transition from one to the other should be smooth. Lately it has become too bumpy and erratic.

And where has the intense love story between the leads disappeared? The drama is the there, the comedy is there but where is the chemistry between the lead characters? I do not expect unnecessary Rabba ve moments. But didn't the leads develop feelings for each other? I only know that. Why don't I see it?

I am not blaming Sarun here. I am blaming the screenplay.

The family drama is there, the plotting by the antagonist is there, the sensitive handling of a break-up is there but where is the love in this love story?

As for the characterizations, something went off here too.

When the show began to air, all of us fell in love with the rich, arrogant and brooding (anti) hero Arnav and the charming, vivacious and fun loving Khushi.

Arnav Singh Raizada is a loving, caring, and sensitive for his loved ones. Those are his qualities which are hidden to the world. For the world He is ASR. ASR is cold, calculative, arrogant snob for the world. Now those are his character flaws and part of the story is on how he redeems himself. Other than those non-desirable traits, ASR is a sharp, cautious, restrained man with a worldly knowledge. The basic theme of his redemption is that he should lose his arrogance and snobbishness but not his attitude.

ASR has mellowed down a little but not too much yet. I am not saying that his character has been played with. I am worried whether the makers mellow him down too much. Arnav traits should be brought forward but some of the ASR traits (the desirable ones) should be there. ASR should not lose his attitude.

I am complaining about Khushi a lot lately. Khushi is honest, vibrant, idealistic, sincere, caring, upholds values, and is full of life, fun loving and chirpy. Her child like innocence sets her apart. But what happened to her Lucknow tehzeeb? Khushi was not the one to be unnecessarily rude and scream and shout without provocation.

I genuinely love many of her antics. I loved it when she sneakily got that model to take the measurements, I loved it when she smartly recorded the dictation, I loved it when she poured mango juice on the shoes but later innocently admitted that she did it because she didn't find orange juice. I loved it when she cutely burped while her mouth was filled with samosas. I loved it when she added something in ASR's juice to remove the jadoo tona. I loved it when she pulled off a drama in that dhaba. I loved it when she danced on the bed with La.

But I dislike it when she when unnecessarily screams and shouts. I dislike when she is unnecessarily rude to a guest. When did she lose her decorum?

I am not asking her to lose her characteristics but I am only expecting her to maintain them. Is that too much to ask for?

I am not giving up on the show. The show still has a lot of good things too keep me hooked. I just wish the makers would concentrate more on these details.

The forum is on fire since yesterday because a lot of people disliked the episode and  Khushi's antics.

I also made a post because I was very annoyed after watching the epi. It made no sense at all. 

Not just Khushi's antics, how come ASR doesn't know how to read Hindi?  Didn't he read that fake suicide note which was written in HIndi? 

Some of our forum members misunderstood it as bashing. I don't think it was bashing at all. I guess everyone was just angry because after tuesday's emotional episode,our expectations were raised and  yesterday's episode looked like nothing but a filler with meaningless comedy. it did nothing good for the show. 

Please leave your comments. 

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
fary i think our expectation levels are sky high and that's why we are unable to digest whatever CVs throw our way. last night was an apt example for this. i really have no clue what happened in da forum (as usual) but i hope da story moves forward with arhi's love story rather than some small talk between da leads

psst whatever said and done, i love khushi's antics. i guess im da only one who does right now in da forum despite how foolish & stupid they look ðŸ¤£ she brings salt into arnie's colorless boring life

- edit
i accidentally watched another SP show last night and it was half an hour of crap. i guess we're too harsh on IPKKND CVs cuz our show's thousand times better
Edited by NaDzGirl - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

fary i think our expectation levels are sky high and that's why we are unable to digest whatever CVs throw our way. last night was an apt example for this. i really have no clue what happened in da forum (as usual) but i hope da story moves forward with arhi's love story rather than some small talk between da leads

psst whatever said and done, i love khushi's antics. i guess im da only one who does right now in da forum despite how foolish & stupid they look ðŸ¤£ she brings salt into arnie's colorless boring life

Nadzy trust me...i love Khushi way too much and her antics. . But I was seriously annoyed with whatever happened yesterday. 

icebraker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
I love Arnav/Asr but bcoz of Khushi i was hooked on the show in the beginning. 

The initial Khushi did not have high education but she was highly intelligent ( she win all the challenges thrown towards her by ASR at the office) and boost with self respect. Then she started interfering in Asr's personal choice and life too much.

Even after that the lead pair started showing interest towards each other and khushi was looking for  love signs   and Davi Maiya gave her bunch of them. After that diwali track happen ,followed by pharak parda track ...and then something has gone terribly wrong.

The way both of the leads are behaving with each other look like the intense and emotional feeling and the memories have lost fm their minds.The gust of wind had stopped blowing,they don't feel each other presence any more, rabba ve is gone with the wind as well.

I was really surprise when i was 2 times  khushi was praying to Devi Maiya so that ASR_LA engagement can happen. I mean girl have u ever fallen for the guy!!!!!!!! I know some people said that Khushi is self sacrificing character but in front of God suppose to be the only place where u have to be 100% honest. and there she is asking "whats wrong with me?"

Come on CV after 140 episode later this is where she is standing and now looks like Khushi's tear does not affect ASR any more.Lately the way they r behaving seems like nothing ever happen between them. It looks like instead of moving forward they r going back ward.

If it continue like that after 200 epi later khushi will still ask "whats happening with me" and Asr will say" why her tears are affecting me that much"!!!!!!

The snake track--Khushi and her family made it unnecessary complicated. I know i should not be following logic but come on... Payal could have inform Akash about the incident... If ever khushi is label as a "Gold digger" Payal will be label as "Gold digger secret keeper."

My expectation is to watch a different love story but at this point i am a bit disappointed .
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Am i allowed to comment or will my post be considered as a bashing and i will be named as a ASR drooler?🤔

Fari nice post😃, will edit and gv my opinion ltr
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Highly disapointed.IPKKND is now testing my patience.It's been 6 months but still no progress in the story.Actually after watching yesterday's episode I think the story is going backwards.
Show some maturity for God's sake.Atleast for once Khushi and Arnav can talk something sensible.Atleast for once Garima,Buaji,Payal,Akash and every other characters should show some maturity.Come on CV's we want to watch an intense drama not a comedy circus.

.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Could not have agreed more Fari.Right now i dont have problems with ASR.Not even with his poor Hindi.lol.But i had alot of expectations from Khushi.I want the Khushi that we saw in the promos.Not the Khushi who behaves like kid in front of ASR,I mean sometimes they go overboard.Unnecessary comedy ! Which is more irritating than funny.We should blame the CVs for that.And God knows when we will see ArHi's love.Everyday we either see irritating comedy or aukat fights.And cycle just continues

Edited by barunroxx7 - 12 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: incandescent

Nadzy trust me...i love Khushi way too much and her antics. . But I was seriously annoyed with whatever happened yesterday. 

yeah i know fary. in fact i just hope da show moves forward with da story cuz it feels more like we're back at square one after almost 6 months *sigh* 
sheela83 thumbnail
Leaving aside all the antics, which hold very little significance now, we are waiting to see the true love blossom which has still not germinated and for how long will it remain latent. We have come long way to find that the buildup has not yet begun, so how will a bonding ever develop ? Any signs of progression in one episode gets thwarted  in the subsequent one by some degenerative factor. Hence we are stagnating, unable to move forward. 
ArHi_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
🤗 Fari...
Thank you for penning down this post. It really captures the essence of what is bothering me since last night.
Situational comedy is different since it looks like a part of the scene and cannot be helped. But the current sequences are forced. Khushi jogging on the spot, Khushi teaching Payal how to ask for a towel after she was so hurt about Lavanya. It almost feels like she is indifferent towards it overnight.
Converting an intense love story in to comedy circus is unbearable. This story has so much to offer and yesterday's episode was painful. Why are we not getting anything about the past of the characters like how did Shyam - Anj get married / How did Anj - Arnav's mother die / Why is Arnav so bitter?
Soul touching scenes such as Khushi breaking down at the boutique / Arnav finding about engagement/ Diwali / removing lights before Diwali / him trying to help her when sand goes in to her eyes, come to mind instantly.
Salvage the show please... Show us the theme of the show and not new characters with funny accents... We want a proper love story with good development, conversations and proximity..
I just dont feel that Khushi loves Arnav even in her subconscious mind with the way things are going now... 😭