Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago
hey hey...i live in the UK but i am all too familiar with the medical system in india......i beg to differ from all of your points of view.....the medical system in india is faaarrrr better than those of both US and UK......

In the UK with everything being free and all that.....the NHS is soo screwed up that people refuse to go to the hospital...my friend had an asthma attack and he refused to go to the hospital as waiting time actually ran for 7 hours......in the UK access to medicine and medical system is horrible ..and imagine all this being a developed country.....

in the US medicine is toooo expensive....in india a bypass surgery could run in lakhs but what is the cost of a bypass surgery provided privately in the us....i would think unaffordable ...small fractures are unaffordable if you dont have insurance......well what happens if someone loses their job and fall ill ? well nothing.....

in india ...medical system is really categorised...you have everything from free GH to extremely expensive hospitals...most of the lower class people would prefer going to their nearby clinics that would charge something like 25Rs for consultation etc....depending upon the strata of society atleast there is an accessible medical system....and minnie you are giving the example of just one doctor...do you know how many doctors i know that charge fees depending on the strata of the patient and so many free consultations even in the larger hospitals?...and how mnay camps held for the poor?

btw having a daughter as the CEO?owner?whatever? of a company and having an approximate idea as to the lifestyle of the walias....i am 100% sure that they can afford a bypass....now this would drain most of their life savings...but they would still afford it...and btw dont we all save to help us out on a day like this.....

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
and regarding everyone wanting hard cash....like doctors fall head over heels to treat patients in the US who dont have insurance.............😕
RenuNag thumbnail
hey... there is an excellent medical insurance scheme in India which is subsidised by the gavt. it is really amazing that people do not know much about it.

even i dint know about it... but my in-laws family knew about it and all of us are insured under that scheme. Well, pls do not think that i m advertising... but the mediclaim policy from oriental insurance company is really very good. a lot of operations and the hospital charges are taken care of directly by the insurance company. u need not even pay the deposit for the hospital if u getting admitted for a particular ailment. u can just walk into the hospital with a thing called 'healthcard' or id card' issued by the insurance company. u can get all the needed medical care and buy sufficient medicine to get u out of the illness while u r in the hospital an get discharged. all the bill settlement is done directly to the hospital by the insurance company.

well, all my family members who needed any sort of surgery/ hospitialization have been reimbursed of all the medical costs. AND... it does not cost u a hell lot. it would probably be about 600-700 rupees for a person of about 25-30 years annually...!