Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Has ASR always been...

thingcalledlove thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
incapable of reading (and therefore writing) Hindi? Has this been showed to us before? Heck, has it ever been hinted at?

Does his incapability even make sense? I'm not sure how the education system in India works, but wouldn't you be taught Hindi in even the most prestigious English based school? even if it was just one class? I mean, I would think that Anjali & ASR would have had the same education (considering their social class), and she seems to be able to read Hindi just fine.
I mean I guess it's possible that ASR studied abroad and therefore didn't lean Hindi beyond speaking it. I just thought it seemed a little odd.

Thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nitashaj83 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by-thingcalledlove

incapable of reading (and therefore writing) Hindi? Has this been showed to us before? Heck, has it ever been hinted at?

Does his incapability even make sense? I'm not sure how the education system in India works, but wouldn't you be taught Hindi in even the most prestigious English based school? even if it was just one class? I mean, I would think that Anjali & ASR would have had the same education (considering their social class), and she seems to be able to read Hindi just fine.
I mean I guess it's possible that ASR studied abroad and therefore didn't lean Hindi beyond speaking it. I just thought it seemed a little odd.

Thoughts?

He understands Hindi but the book;s title was in Shudh Hindi..I studies in India bt I seriously never learned Shudh Hindi...
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I do not understand what the hell the CVs were doing here.  He has read Khushi's notes in the past - the one about pasta ka promise and the one that came with the plants.  In neither of those scenes did he sound like Rainman.

He may not be able to read the 'shudh' hindi - but her note.  CVs who wrote this are not the ones who wrote those other scenes.   That is clear, because those were some of the best tracks of the serial and this is well, not.
serialjunkie thumbnail
Its his newly acquired learning disability - it happens when you've just had a serious relationship break-up 😆

Seriously though, I think the RakhRakhav part got me flummoxed too and I've learned Hindi for 18 years!
serialjunkie thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-momma1128

I do not understand what the hell the CVs were doing here.  He has read Khushi's notes in the past - the one about pasta ka promise and the one that came with the plants.  In neither of those scenes did he sound like Rainman.

He may not be able to read the 'shudh' hindi - but her note.  CVs who wrote this are not the ones who wrote those other scenes.   That is clear, because those were some of the best tracks of the serial and this is well, not.

Momma - glad you said that!! I got the same uncanny feeling. Is it true, is it confirmed anywhere? I can tell the timbre and quality of scenes have gone down considerably, with gaping holes in story continuity and character build-up. Please someone assure me they will bring back the original team.
momma1128 thumbnail
@serialjunkie - I think the CVs rotate along with the directors.  From some behind the scenes stuff, they showed that they have 3 different directors.  But honestly, would it kill them to have one story board???
geetmaanluv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

He may not be able to read the 'shudh' hindi - but her note.  CVs who wrote this are not the ones who wrote those other scenes.   That is clear, because those were some of the best tracks of the serial and this is well, not.

the pasta ka promise was in english... khushi tried to write english. and he got stuck on the pure hindi words. like no one in india uses the word vahan for car. every body just says car. even people who dont know how to read english know what a car is. so it was not so strange he could not read the pure hindi words for car maintenance bec even i didnt know what rudra... w/e meant. and anjali does enough pooja's to speak good sanskrit and to be a pundit herself so it makes sense that she should be able to read it easily. 
lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

@serialjunkie - I think the CVs rotate along with the directors.  From some behind the scenes stuff, they showed that they have 3 different directors.  But honestly, would it kill them to have one story board???

You are absolutely right. My BIL's friend writes for these shows and its exactly what they do. The start of the story is written by the writers whose credits you see onscreen. But once the show is settled, the assistants take over.. And this is what is happening with this show I guess..
momma1128 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-geetmaanluv

the pasta ka promise was in english... khushi tried to write english. and he got stuck on the pure hindi words. like no one in india uses the word vahan for car. every body just says car. even people who dont know how to read english know what a car is. so it was not so strange he could not read the pure hindi words for car maintenance bec even i didnt know what rudra... w/e meant. and anjali does enough pooja's to speak good sanskrit and to be a pundit herself so it makes sense that she should be able to read it easily. 

la's note was in hindi and he had no problem, correct?  Please recheck what I wrote - I understand shudh hindi issue - not her note.
Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago
thingcalledlove thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yeah, it was more than just the book he was having trouble with. He was stumbling over Khushi's note to him too, which is what stood out as odd to me.  Edited by thingcalledlove - 12 years ago