Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: MsUniverse

As always would love your comments/ feedback...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒFirst fo all an acknowledgement...I stand corrected that it was indeed the Gupta house where the bathroom scene happened and not La's room that I was thinking of...So thank ou all who pointed it on my yesterdays post.😊   Now coming to todays episode...I thoroughly ENJOYED it!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ   Arhi are not only the most romantic and most intense couple ...they are the most funny couple as well...Whata combination...Khushi is such a jhalli...how can you not love her...My goodness...koi normal girl hoti to ASR would have been fully successful in pushing her away...with all his reasoning and decision making...but this one...you can not even predict her forget about keeping her under control...πŸ˜†    ASR ka to baja poora hi baj gaya hei...The whole bathroom scene was so funny...with Khushi in her full form trying to teach Payal...how to behave withher would be husband...Pray tell me...how does Khushi know all this? ASR has been giving her some practice to act like a tease...hasn't he? Then the entire comic timing with payal going away to receive the phone call ...Arnie not able to resist Khushi's calls...and walking in to listen to her...Then giving her the towel...It was HILARIOUS!!! The only thing I found OTT was Khushi jogging in her place...but I could ignore that...to enjoy Arnie's expressions...and his dialogues...Relax...you are fully clothed...🀣May be he wished she was notπŸ˜‰ At least the thought crossed his mind...   

The scene afterwords with him aksing her to 'come home' and she saying...in ko abhi koi datane ke liye chahiye iss liye humen le ja rahe hein...boy I tell you this Khushi is like a small kid that poor Arnie has no control over...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ...All he wishes is that she could understand how his heart beats for her...how he is ready to do really anything for her...(as long as it does not require him to say that he loves her)...The whole La break up was because his heart just was not in the game any more once Khushi broke down crying in front of him that she was having trouble with her fiance and wouldn't share it with him.....all he can think about is her...what makes her sad...what she needs...what she is thinking about or what she is not thinking about (meaning having the presence of mind to pick up her dupatta...instead of the towel)...So I have a perfect song for him...His heart is a stereo that beats only for one and only Ms Khushi Kumari Gupta...All he wants is that she doesn't get mad at him and does not leave him...

Sush πŸ€—  Thanks for some much needed positivity !!! Am late, hubby on leave so my IF time is severely curtailed πŸ˜†

After last night, I was prepared for millions of Khushi bashing posts ... they didn't really surprise me, because I have to confess, the  nautanki of Khushi screaming and jogging on the spot really put me off too  ... and when Khushi is so OTT idiotic, it spoils my enjoyment of the episode as a whole!

But on re-watch, except for that one supremely idiotic scene ... the rest of the episode was actually totally in synch ... starting from the pretty sensible conversation between Khushi and Payal when Payal finally tells her errant sister to put a sock in it and stop trying to patch things up because one never really knows the truth of what goes on between a couple ... so Khushi finally puts an end to her hopes of Arnav-La reconciling yet again ...

And it's interesting to see the contrast between Khushi and Arnav now ... It's Khushi who seems to be pushing all thoughts of Arnav away still ... trying to keep the Rakshas image uppermost in her mind ... while Arnav is happy to come over to Gupta house all suited booted and shaded to meet her πŸ˜› And hullooo, walking into her bedroom to hand her a towel because she's screaming away ... her own sister is supremely unconcerned and this guy is so worried πŸ˜† ... I didn't blame her for being embarrassed ... he caught her doing her silly nautanki ...  - so there comes the 'what the hell are you doing in my room' ...  and he's most indignant, hello, I came to help you and you're completely ungrateful ... to add insult to injury, she's fully clothed, she didn't even need the towel she was going ballistic about - he must be feeling even more foolish! πŸ˜† That song you put in is most apt ... all he thinks about is Khushi!!!

And of course they both start squabbling with each other promptly - both out of their respective embarrassment.  Totally crazy scene ... and I would have enjoyed it far more if they had left it at that, and not put in the silly jogging ...

You totally put your finger on the spot - the whole La break up was precipitated because of her break down over her fiance, and he couldn't hide his worry for her any more ... And she is definitely out of her self-imposed comfort zone now that he is free and single ... that's why she's determined to continue thinking of him as Rakshas, that's why she refuses to go with him to RM, forgets to wear her dupatta .. and lapses into silence when he brings up the topic of La ...

But are either of them going to progress any further or continue in their state of denial? I guess thats where both the Snake's plans and the new entry will play their roles.
Edited by DiyaS - 12 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Just reading some of the other replies ...
Sush, I think Khushi's words about Shyam actually exemplify her views towards life in general ... it's over, it was nasty, and she is not going to think about it any more. SO that would also explain her amnesia about Diwali night ... it's over and she will not think about what it meant or could mean, Which is why Arnav as a romantic angle is dead to her now ... sorry forum friends, but that's the fact. She refuses to think about him in any way romantic at all, he is her friend La's bf, or ex now, and that's why he continues to be a rakshas etc ... she doesn't want to think of him in any other way ... until Shyam and his refusal to let go of Khushi will make her change.

Shwets, agree with most of your points! πŸ˜† But I think it wasn't tolerance so much as it was his own embarrassment - after all, he went like a gallant knight to rescue damsel from freezing to death, only to find it was all nautanki! πŸ˜†

Also forgot to add this in my earlier reply ... Arnav and Khushi are so totally at ease with each other now, they have no hesitation in beign rude to each other at all .. Arnav is all polite to Payal, I gave the card, please look at it, it's ok I don't meet your dad ... all prim and proper bro-in-law ... then he turns to Khushi and forgets all his manners - are you finished with your towel play and ready to come home? πŸ˜† Grouchy husband to the core!!! And Wifey is no less ... no, I'm not coming, I'm happy in my maika, thank you very much, why should I come just to hear more scolding from you πŸ˜†

spsharmila ... DITTO ... echo your thoughts ... my feeling is HE is ready to reach out to Khushi, though not still ready to acknowledge WHY ... and she is now the one running away ... as you pointed out, she was disturbed all through, she didn't want to go with him ... my feeling is as I said above - she put all romantic thoughts of him out of her head and thought of him ONLY as La's bf, and now that La is out, she is disturbed and trying to retain that image desperately in her head.

Ratna, that "maike challi gayi kya?" cracked me up! And I noticed that Arnav still not believing in the saansein ruk jayengi bit ... so he is also in denial of his feelings, but is less hesitant about reaching out to Khushi ... maybe because he can go back to his "I don't believe in love and marriage" shield?

Shwetha, I've answered you somewhere else πŸ˜›
DiyaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: sbk2

I read a few posts in which people are saying that La is more suitable to become Mrs. Raizada, Khushi is better off with NK!!

Yes, La is more suitable ... Khushi is not SUITABLE ... and that's exactly the point of the whole break up, isn't it???!!!!

On the surface, La is ideal Raizada bahu material ... she speaks English with the required accent, she can wear western clothes, she can spend hours at the spa and parlour, and time and money shopping for designer clothes, she is well groomed, she is sweet to his family ... in short, she bears ALL the superficial requirements for an ideal bahu.

But this is all the superficial stuff ... any reasonably intelligent girl can learn to do this if given the opportunity and the time ... but not every girl can face up to an angry bf or husband, and tell them they're wrong, not every girl can hide her own sadness and look forward to every new day with a smile, not every girl can keep her spirit intact despite all the brickbats that life deals her ... as for family feeling, Khushi had that in spades long before La did.

La doesn't have half the spirit and courage that Khushi has ... heck, she knew that Arnav didn't love her, yet she didn't have the courage to walk out on a half-hearted relationship, she was prepared to take all the crap he threw at her ... she doesn't even the guts to shout at him and ask him why he led her on for so many days ... like she accepted his half-hearted attention, she accepted his declaration that it was off, and left quietly ... she has no fight in her at all. Is that really what Arnav needs?

In the few months that Khushi has known Arnav, he has learnt to smile, to laugh, he has learnt to look out for other people and their feelings, especially those of his own family who care about him ... yes, Khushi doesn't have superficial spit and polish, but is that all that Arnav needs? And if Khushi did become prim and proper, she would be another Payal ... Payal is nice and is actually evolving nicely over the last few weeks, but a Payal type for Arnav? Somehow I don't see it! Especially after the very stilted conversation between Arnav and Payal today!

Khushi needs some maturity, agreed ... which will happen slowly ... in fact, the cv's do need to put some more thought into evolving that aspect now, but keeping her basic spirit intact ... that spirit is what Arnav needs the most ... the grooming part is the most superficial and least important stuff ...
Considering the very chamkili look the cv's have given Khushi, I do expect a makeover at some point, though, they can't keep her in this look forever, but it has to happen as part of the story progress, not out of the blue ..
And I so agree with you about the English part ... Arnav can't read Hindi fluently, Khushi can't speak English fluently ... they both need education ... and again, it's nothing she can't pick up in time ...
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MsUniverse

Great replies ya'll... still working on my opinion for work ...so can't make a long post...but quickly...

What is with the forum's feeling about Khushi needing to change to become more prim & proper? I read very few other posts...mainly due  to shortage on time...but one I read said...Khushi is improving because she is learning to speak English words...WHY THIS THINKING? What is wrong with speaking Hindi...OMG...we Indians should meet people in France who are so proud of their culture and don't take pride in copying others...There is nothing in Khushi's behavior that she should feel ashamed of...I like her just the way she is...πŸ˜ƒ

About Arnie feeling J...I don't think it is about that as much as he feeling possesive and being annoyed by her attention being diverted...Arnie wants to claim her 100% for himslef...I don't think he would want to share...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

HI,  I must confess I have been one in the party wanting a Khushi makeover. No I am NOT embaressed by her , her dress sense, her speech, her antics.  Infact I love how comfortable she is with being who she is.  The time she was with La  I had thought maybe some of La style would rub on her but am glad nothing like this was pursued.

Still, A makeover is required in terms of polish & sophistication.  A poise and a sense of what is appropraite when.  Viists to a parlor ,  speaking a few English words,  knowledge about different topics does not take us away from our culture.  It enhances us. Khushi is who she is and her basic spirit is what we and Arnav love about her .  I too love her the way she is but the pom-poms have to go  . If Payal is good enough for the RM then so is Khushi bu self improvement should never be ruled out.

BUT I will take her any way I can get her - that's Aranav speaking. πŸ˜›

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Diya...I could not have said it any better!!

Being a couple is not only the romantic stuff...It is also a relationship...what influence they have on each other...How much they care for each other...not only their well being but also them as a person ...as a whole...Khushi and Arnie own each other that way...unknowingly...His If you ar edone playing with the towel...ghar chalen was so hubby like...I loved it as many others have pointed out too...Khushi does not relate to his way of thinking she does not accept it...

Khushi is a modern woman in true sense...The prim and proper style taken from the Brits is so colonial...Standing up to what she believes in...not being goverened by what others think, loving the loved ones to the core and putting past things that are painful and moing on...KHUSHI ROCKS...!!!

Everything else as you pointed out is so trivial...it is not worth killing our joy over the present...

Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago