Debate Mansion

~*Debating Quote of the Week*~

samie thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Each week the debating dev team will bring a quote 4 u guys 2 think about n heres 1 2day. pls post ur views on what u think this quote means n symbolises the best meaning will b given a surpriseπŸ˜‰

...Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results...
 - Anon

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
...Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results...

very good quote and i agree with it...2 ppl can b put in2 da same situation with the same circumstances but depending on their approach 2 it their end result will vary greatly...

life is wat we make out of it...i h88 it wen ppl do nuttin and say itz "destiny" yea tht playz a part in pplz life n er r sumthingz u cant prevent but u can alwaiiz take da worst situation and make da best out of it.....if sumthing is bad y sulk over it and make it worse? b happy with wat u got and make da best out of it

this thing is up all week rite?

so i will b baq l8er 😊
samie thumbnail
javz my sweety thanx 4 bein 1st ur statement is really compatible with the statement
CuteFairy91 thumbnail
I will post my opinion when I understand what ur talking abt. I am just confused. πŸ˜†
Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Wow! This quote mixes our actions with scientific reactions! πŸ˜›

- Anon

It basically is telling us to be responsible for our own actions. It is not circumstances that determine our actions, but how we react to a particular event, which thus brings out either our positive/negative action. Of course, approaching things with a positive attitude triggers many things to be positive as well. For example if somebody sees that you approach things in a positive manner, they too will be inspired, some how, to positive.

That was all that I could make out from this quote! Very true quote indeed! 😊

Edited by Belle1989 - 18 years ago
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

- Anon

[/QUOTE]

this is really a beautiful qoute, indeed.

its speaks abt the triumph of man's determination, courage and will power  over  his destiny.

in our life, we dnt know what circumstance waits for us in the next minute. its not in our hand. we may want something , but end up getting the reverse. but we definitely have control over ourselves- if a situation is averse, it does not mean we have to surrender to it. instead we have to try and make it better. we cant loose hope or faith in ourselves.  for centuries the grt men have proved that a human being can make his own destiny as those grts made marks in the world., facing struggle in every step of their  life.

yes, there r certain things which r inevitable. like death of ou near ones. there r moments when we loose our most precious things, moments, persons of our life. does that mean we should stop living? shall we stop enjoying the most precious thing that we r blessed to have- life itself??

situations can be against us, but we can make or brk our lives by the way we look at life. a beggar , on the street can have more peace of mind than the billionare ! the beggar might has to face poverty, but he can find the little joys in the company of his near ones and find joy with the world he is seeing evryday, he can hope for the better future and eventually can work on it.  but the billionare can remain unhappy as he will make tensions for the future and forgets to look the brighter, lighter  side of his life.

happiness is all about our state of mind ,on how we look at life.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 18 years ago
Shezaadi thumbnail

- Anon

This quote is very much true

It describes how no one is incharge of an individual's life except for that individual himself. You can have whatever you want in life but you have to make it happen.

I do believe in things such as fate but you can't blame every bad thing that may happen to you as fate and not do anything about it. We may be put in many difficult situations in life, but it's very important to take these difficulties positively and learn from them.

It is said that within every setback there is an opportunity for a comeback, now it's your decision to take that opportunity, you have to be willing to fight back.

We as humans will always be challenged, and it is up to us to have the courage to take on these challenges.

Edited by Shezaadi - 18 years ago