India-Forums

Story lines are so typical these days

SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 9:56am | IP Logged

Hi guys

Its was a long a beautiful spring break and glad to be back to the states. Ps never go sightseeing alone in the bahamas lots of freaks out thereConfused

However you know the shows today on indian channels have the same story line. it starts off really well with some suspense and twist. Ending up to someone in their family trying to break them up causing controversies and blackmailing. There is not one show that has true events happening or something that is true.

Reth used to be really good now its ending up like pkg and tbjk. I mean i still watch it even though i bad mouth i am a hyprocrite person but its only entertainment wise. But this show has too many hypocrite people such as i might have mention in my million post but when shehkar was framed for murder samar was by his side and when he was caught with netra in an affair he stood by his side. Now when samar needs him he is turning his back on him how could he do that i slap his ass!Angry Am i right in any way? ur opinions matter!

Praveen Newbie
Praveen
Praveen

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

Hi, I totally agree with you. Not only what you have mentioned but there are many characterization and story-line issues in Reth and very tough to digest.

1.      Why Jia is still living with Pandey family and being insulted by Netra as she has been portrayed as woman with tremendous self respect? Is director wanna convey the stupid message that every bahu should do the same thing what Jia is doing? What kinda motivation remains for her even after shekhar's confession that he always loved Netra.

2.      Why Netra's Dadi is not being strong as she knows everything. (like previously she was portrayed as very strong and principled lady)

3.      Why director is expecting from audience that they should accept Shekhar's second (illegal) marriage and Jia shouldn't even go against it? Is director wanna convey that all bahus has to be a toy of sasural even in 21st century?

The summary is all these TV soaps are responsible to increase the pollution of society and misguidance. Unfortunately we are also a part of this dirt. Instead watching beautiful ladies wearing hi-fi silk sarries with glorious make-up and having lots of dukh-bhari-dastaan, why don't they work on stroy line of Kalpana Chawla, Sania Mirza, Kiran Bedi or Sonia Gandhi?

SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 1:52pm | IP Logged

Praveen wow everything you mentioned are so true. You read my mind with eveything your wrote. This is what i am talking about how televisions are portraying the bahu of the family should accept everything that happens to her, From insults to bad treatment to a cheating husband. Todays media is nothing but promoting bad image on women.

And as far as what you said why jia is staying thats it what i don't understand how can she stay and watch that whore insult her and make her feel like dirt.  and how the dadi is letting netra do whatever she wants. Even though she knows shehkar doesn't love her. YOu said everything i needed to prove!  And to your last paragraph on how they should make stories with women who stand up for what rights and are true heros I would def watch that show

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top