#Devils Den- Lets Celebrate Maaneet:The Musical# - Page 97

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya204 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
These pics actually gives me mixed sort of feelings I don't know how to react seeing these pics & the episodes from march onwards makes me angry what the hell they turned our show into with circus bossing over maneet geet stuck between bahu & beti when the only person who mattered to her was maan I am gearing up for my entrance exams in mass communication & God forbid if I am thrown in the page 3 section then I will definitely make it a point to meet gul khan & ask her as to what made something so beautiful to this from march what all we saw was not our maneet their story ended with their marriage it was stretched after that
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The whole sequence was very nicely shot n was classy.. our beloved PH had money at that time..to spend on their EX-FAV SHOW...
GC-DD looked so nice during the whole marriage ceremony..😳 

Now I may b d only one.. or in minority.. I dont know... but I was actually not looking forward for Maan-Geet marriage..😕 Now.. I wanted their wedding  to happen.. but I felt that CV's shud hav waited for some more time...may b 2-3 months... coz  if v see.. d decline in d storyline.. started after d marriage itself... 😕 

@ Richa: Lovely pics...😳😳

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Guys I have updated sam's thread plz go and do analysis.😊 Page no.57

Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
 Sia marriage was not a problem at all .In FEB 2011 ,four rats got a place for the show in SP.  They started shooting and one by one all went to that set to make the show big. SP is a  bigger channel and they made almost the same story with a base love,hatred changing the characters according to the channel need. SP is a sas bahu channel so it gave many characters & relationships . Gave more importance to culture & tradition. Cost was never the duty of 4rats only direction, execution ,creativity. Those people lost interest bcz  the PH got a bigger platform to prove & channel also interfered saying  keeping the story simple so that they can close whenever needed. Pressure was build from all the sides from feb . only actors & director camera man & dop  were working bcz they were committed  till the curtain is down. Rest all flew away like Nissar, maan singh etc who did wonders in the beginning. Sia shows are starting from marriage for EX; EHMBH, DIABATI etc all those stories are over no naa. Then here lot was left but always kept the story in a edge so that channel get ready for revamp and it can be scrapped. That is the reason we were asking for GHSP-2 with a different story to see gurti, again peacefully. The day it started everytime it was in the news of going off air sometimes due to TRP. some times due to channel. Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Richa:

I m not saying that marriage shud not hav happened.. For me.. it was little rushed.. coz d office track at that point of time was going strong.. (everybody including d cast was enjoying it..) they cud hav explored it further.. shown many other things.. in that track itself...n of-course they cud hav showed Maaneet marriage later on...😊

And when I said.. decline in storyline after marraige.. it was specifically to our show GHSP.. n not in general for other shows.. coz look at what v got after Maaneet marriage... Dev's entry... the worst.. SAINT DEV...😡

-richierich- thumbnail
 Then everything was interlinked they shd have prolonged IP track. They shd have taken some more time for again reunion after the Mu before IP track so that we get more office track. Geet taking the charge of IP proving she can manage it  etc would have delayed for a month. But I loved  Jai bhanushali,the two small children ,the office people also better than the circus. Ya If that was done It would have been more sensible to see geet achieving some thing alone without knowing MSK is supporting her. The other scope to avoid circus was Maan getting memory back and feel that everything happened due to property and again return back to dadaji's house giving everything to Dev. Both GEET & MAAN Struggle again & set their business  again from  0. would really better. after that  love tested track. Nt entry. For a while sameera entry. Vikrum track and so on would have given us peaceful viewing. Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi guys!

@richa
evn i thought they rushed through not just one track many tracks. evn d way dev's truth came out and police arresting happend in just one epi. IP track had lot of potential, it was wasted with mindless comedy n sudden end. evn d MU bet maan n geet was not dealt properly. they just showed one week later. BR track was never allowed to start. And ML track, it had so much potential, falling n love again or maan slowly changing - how much they could have shown. they cd have brought back office track but with difference. we cd have got a hot guy after geet, angry maan not liking though he may not accept geet as his wife. we had so much potential in these tracks. but PH were NOT INTERESTED. it is as richa said. they had started another serial n a better channel. so their complete energy focused on it. but evn before we did have horrible parallel tracks like NE Annie. even n dat Arjun is another wasted track.

reg marriage pics u posted. they are two different sets right. i remember there was some confusion abt it. becos in d actual epi geet was sitting n right but there were  pics where she was n d left. i never got an ans for that. was it for rehearsal? becos n dat set there were no other actors.
-richierich- thumbnail
 Priya after pheras  some pics she was in left for mangal sootr & maag ks sindoor. rest every where right.
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Maan-Geet wedding was the wedding of the decade on small screen .A wedding filled with so much of love ,emotions and feelings 😳😳.During the entire wedding both kept looking at each other with so much love in their eyes 😳😳.Hv seen many on-screen weddings on tv and most look very mechanical or filled with melodrama 🥱 but maan-geet wedding looked very real simply because of Gurmeet and Drashti's terrific screen presense and fabulous acting 👏👏👏.They just speak through their eyes and body language which was just so evident during the entire wedding .Its an unforgettable wedding of small screen and will always remain the best forever in this decade at least .⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Till this point everything was going so good ...dunno what happened later 😭😭
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oooh are we talking about the  Maaneet wedding? I started watching the show right after that and sometimes I wonder if it was destined that I should start watching the minute the best phase of the show was over, because I literally found the show one episode after the marriage. 😕

Anyway, I didn't know how special the Maaneet marriage was when I first watched it, though I of course I thought it was beautiful. It also helped that I watched only the Maaneet scenes and only vaguely knew about all the peripheral nonsense that was happening in the other room. 🤢 I think that would probably be my only complaint with the wedding, ie, AA trying to steal Maaneet's thunder and failing, obviously but still being slightly distracting... I think the problem here was that the parallel track was competing with the main one rather than supporting it.

But the Maaneet parts were heaven, with the office staff lending humour and lighter moments. I absolutely LOVED Romeo during this sequence and his comic timing with Adi. They really felt like one big, happy family. 😊

But I think the best part about the wedding was that Maaneet and not anybody else, like a Bollywood star, were the main attraction and I have to thank the CVs for keeping it that way. Recently, there were a few weddings on TV and there were so many publicity gimmicks that I was thankful that Maaneet's marriage felt almost divine and sacred in contrast.

In one way, I am glad they did the wedding when they had the better CVs and sets, though storywise I agree that they could have waited and extended the IP track. If they wanted to do an MC at this point, which I have heard they did, it would have been perfect to use that as the climax, where just as Geet proved that she didn't need Maan's help to succeed professionally and they have a huge hateful confrontation, she needed him for something much bigger, Maan forgot all his anger and ran frantically to her, and we got the same powerful hospital MC scene.

Then at the same time (parallel track!), Dev and Meera could have discussed that the only way to prove Dev's crime and prove NT's lawyers (who said they were in Canada) was to do a DNA test of the baby and prove that it was his so he committed the crime.😲 And it would have also been great to see Meera being a support to Geet but hiding that she was helping Dev (drama!) and having a conversation with daadi about her conflict.

After the basic MC stuff, we could have had Maan trying to convince Geet to move back to KC and the outhouse with cute scenes of him trying to pull her out of depression. I would have also loved if he brought back her family here, especially Mohinder and Ranno who got some closure and apologised for being so weak.

Well, I guess I didn't talk much about the wedding 😆 but I know you guys enjoy my ramblings anyway so I just went with it...