Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

Om's Interview

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 3:45am | IP Logged

Kiran Karmarkar
Kiran Karmarkar, who plays Om in the Star Plus daily Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, has been a strong support to on screen wife Parvati in times of crisis in the Agarwal parivar. As this week's Ask A Star, he answers your queries…

How did you get into acting? Which was your debut show?
—- Tushar Parab

Dear Tushar, I always had a desire to act. In 1989, I went to see Vikram Gokhale's play Neera Ksheera and was impressed by the role. I wrote him a letter appreciating his work, since he was a friend of my father's. My father fixed up a meeting with him and I told him about my desire to act. My debut show was the Marathi soap Dinaman, which aired on Doordarshan in December 1989.

Have you ever done theatre?
—- Tamanna Mehta

Dear Tamanna, I have done theatre. Between 1993-95, I did two big plays — Kimaya Gaar written by V V Shirawadkar and Sadashiv Amrapurkar, as well as Pu La Deshpande's Sundar Mee Honar. I have also done some other Marathi plays as well.

Are you satisfied with your role in Kahaani? Do you ever plan to move to the big screen? —- Ramlah Merchant and Husain Lokhandwalla
Dear Ramlah and Husain, Om has his limitations but I am doing the role exactly as Ekta Kapoor had etched it out to be.

The character has been set, so it is difficult to change it now. I do plan to act on the big screen; I'm looking for some character roles. I have done Marathi films as well as Hindi films like Thoda Tum Badalo, Thoda Hum Badale and Shirdi Ke Saibaba.

If you could change one thing about Om, what would it be?
—- Sufyan Khan

Dear Sufyan, the fact that he gets so angry with t his daughter Shruti so often.

Why do you do such selective work?
—- Reena Shah

Dear Reena, it's just that in a daily soap you are shooting for 20-25 days, so there is no time for other things. Whether it is Damini, Ghar Ek Mandir or Kahaani... I don only one show at a time.

You acted brilliantly in Damini, got so much fame in Kahaani and came up with a great performance in Rihaee. Which role did you find more challenging? —- Bhoomi
Dear Bhoomi, all were challenging. Each role was distinct and unique.

Madiha_07 IF-Dazzler
Madiha_07
Madiha_07

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

thanks for sharingThumbs Up

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top