Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Look what my fans did: Part II

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 3:40am | IP Logged

Rakshanda Khan

I have had the sweetest fans. This eight-year-old girl from Dhaka saved up all her pocket money and sent me a saree.

This other girl sent me a photo  album made entirely of my pictures.

Another one sketched all the characters of Jassi and sent me the book.

Kulraj Randhawa

I get marriage proposals in my fan mail. One fan came up to and said that his mom really liked me and he asked me if I could send his mother some pictures of mine.

Also, there is this guy from Norway who claims to be a fan and he tells me that he leaves office just to watch my show. Even if his work is half finished, he makes sure he gets home in time.

Ashwini Kalsekar

In one of my interviews, a journalist printed my address in the article. After that I got bombarded with letters. I used to live at Hiranandani and at one  point and this guy from Kanpur shows up at my building.

He calls me from under my building and says he has moved to Bombay and would like me to get him acting roles. I had to make up a story to get him off my back. Other than that, I have received letters in blood (emanating a bad stench ,I might add) saying things like, "Agar aap Kajol ho, to hum bhi Shah Rukh Khan hai."

Gauri Pradhan

I just get bombarded by messages on my cell. But there was this incident with Hiten that affected me a lot too. This woman who used to call Hiten everyday at 9.30.

We threatened her with a police case. We said we would go to the papers, but nothing stopped her.

She would treat me as her confidante and tell me that she would like to marry Hiten. She said, "I know you are married to him, but I still want him to marry me."

Mona Singh

At this year's Dubai Shopping Festival, I was invited for a special event along with Bollywood stars.

When the crowd started gathering around me, it was almost funny because there were so many Bollywood biggies around and I was being mobbed. Saif Ali Khan, who was present, later told me that his kids also wanted to meet me! I felt so embarrassed in front of all the Bollywood biggies.

Sudha Chandran

I was at an inauguration of a hotel and the owner completely lost it when I walked in.

The moment she saw me, she fell at my feet and started pinching my cheeks. She wanted to touch and see what Romola felt like.

There were about 1,000 people present and this was really embarrassing.

Shraddha Nigam

When I was doing Choodiyaan, Juhi Parmar and I used to hang out together a lot. Once, when the two of us were walking on the streets, a group of old ladies started chatting with us.

They spoke to Juhi like an adult, but they spoke to me like an 8-year-old (I played a mentally challenged person on the show).

They pulled my cheeks and spoke to me in baby talk. And once, Akshay Anand's 4-year-old son Ayan came to my sets and insisted I was his girlfriend.

Tassnim Sheikh

I had gone to Nagpur to cut a ribbon for some opening, when an old lady came up to me and wanted to hit me with a chappal because of my negative character in Kumkum.

After I started playing Mohini, things changed though. Kids seem to love me now. Once when I was on the sets, this two-year-old came up to me and started singing, 'Moooohiiiiniiii'.

Achint Kaur

This incident took place at my hometown, Meerut. I had just started working in television and had gone to fetch my aunt from the school where she teaches. I didn't realise that kids would recognise me there.

As soon as I got there, the kids pounced on me. My shirt was tattered and there was a compass in my right butt. I screamed really loudly and eventually things settled down.

After this, I went to a fair at my mom's school (she also teaches) and there too the  children pounced on me. They managed to tear down the stall next to me.

*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 3:42am | IP Logged
thanx barbie...some of them are funny...especially achint kaur'sLOL
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 3:44am | IP Logged

thanx 4 the article barbie...

SONYA_K Goldie
SONYA_K