Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 39)

MeghaSRKLover IF-Sizzlerz
MeghaSRKLover
MeghaSRKLover

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

ditto megz! 

pc was completely lost with roma. in fact i felt like shaking her shoulders and scream at her ears cuz she was not at all convincing. at first i thought it's only me since i really like her and expected da best from her but i guess im not alone 

her character did not gel with me at all. either farhan wrote some crappy scenes for her or pc's acting was bad. one of da two!

lara really shocked me. she had less screen space but convincingly showcased aysha with ease. she was living in da character and i really enjoyed watching her more than pc. trust me hon it's weird coming from me too cuz im a big pc fan. not sure if you remember me saying this when da second promo came out that lara seems good in da movie. i think i'v become a fan of her already thanks to this 15-20 minutes screen space she got

sorry..but mixture of both.
whats up with that fake accent when speaking the english lines? LOL
sounded very fake.

its hard to figure out how much screen time lara has...its that short LOL
but she was much more convincing in her role.

kunal, boman were awesome too!!

who's the guy who played abdul jabbar? Tongue
he was ok. so was whoever played Diwan.

wanna thank both these characters for making Don super angry cos he looks hot when he's angry Day Dreaming ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FakeLovetomnjerry2

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

Originally posted by aiswaryaaa

@Nadz
hw z public review in SL Wink

did i tell you that only srk movies release here in par with india & world wide? yeah only his movies do great business here doll LOL he has massive fan following; male/female both equally. today was an apt example cuz i missed my show cuz some guys have taken my pre booked seat and refused to move. it was housefull and da theaters were full of queues; young & old

we sri lankans love him a lot although our hindi language skills suck. thank god da movie had subtitles. anyways it was so funny cuz most of da guys repeated his famous dialogues along with him during da movie and that surprised me big time since this man has influenced us to pick up da language thanks to him ROFL
poor uLOL

awwh thankx 2 all srilankans for so much love towards SRKEmbarrassedLOL
i m sure don2 z gonna do great business overseas ...
in India as well ..but i doubt single screen business wer taporichaap movies workWinkLOL

MeghaSRKLoverFakeLove

....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged

Don 2 First Day Collections | Early Estimate

Posted by admin on December 23rd, 2011

Don 2's Friday Box Office Collections Are Going to be Huge Seeing the Morning Start.

The Film Was Housefull at more that 60% of Theatres and rest we above 60% Easily. The Film Has Picked up in later shows and people have housefulled evening shows already today.

Don'2 First Day Box Office Collections Will Come at 17-19 cr as per now. The Figure will drop if evening shows are like mornings ones and may pick up if evening shows see 100% occupancy all over.

The Best Day 1 Box Office Record Till now has been Held By Bodyguard.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tomnjerry2

....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged

Don 2 is a Masterpiece | Movie Review

don2 new look

Don 2 is One of the Most Eagerly Awaited Movie of the Year 2011. It had huge Expectations from it as well. And i am Very Glad to Say that Don 2 Lives to all of ours' expectations. It is a Very Delightful Movie to Watch. All Shah Rukh Khan Fans And Non SRK Fans Will Surely Enjoy this Movie. Here, is a Complete Review of the Film.

Story: The Story of the Film is Written By Farhan Akthar, Ameet Mehta & Amrish Shah is really Excellent. The Suspense of the Movie is unpredictable too.

Direction: The Direction is by Farhan Akthar and i Must say What a Masterpiece has he created. The Complexity of the script has been represented so Wonderfully on the screen. The Suspense and Surprise Elements are perfectly used.

Performances: Shah Rukh Khan Was at his Best. Priyanka Chopra Suited the Role Well. Kunal Kapoor Was Okay. Other Characters Like Boman Irani, Om Puri, Lara Dutta, etc we Perfect at their roles.

Minus Points: The Only Minus Point of this Film is its Music. It Had Already Received a Lukewarm Response. But, Still there are no excessive Songs in this film and only 2. Though, the Classic Don Tune used as Background Music is Super Brilliant.

Overall: Don 2 is a perfect film and must watch for all. It is Even better than the Don Remake Starring Shah Rukh Khan. This Film, I Must Say Saves SRK. If Don 2 Wasn't so then Ra.One and Don 2 Would Have hit SRK hard. Moreover, its a must watch specially due to the brilliant performance by SRK and Excellent Direction of Farhan Akthar.

Rating: 4/5

http://boxofficereport.net/don-2-is-a-masterpiece-movie-review/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tomnjerry2

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Poojie...

Don 2's Friday Box Office Collections Are Going to be Huge Seeing the Morning Start.

The Film Was Housefull at more that 60% of Theatres and rest we above 60% Easily. The Film Has Picked up in later shows and people have housefulled evening shows already today.

Don'2 First Day Box Office Collections Will Come at 17-19 cr as per now. The Figure will drop if evening shows are like mornings ones and may pick up if evening shows see 100% occupancy all over.

17-19 cr?!!that's great ..
i think they included telugu/tamil version too ...TA said it's 15cr..

....Poojie....tomnjerry2

FakeLove IF-Stunnerz
FakeLove
FakeLove

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MeghaSRKLover

sorry..but mixture of both.
whats up with that fake accent when speaking the english lines? LOL
sounded very fake.

its hard to figure out how much screen time lara has...its that short LOL
but she was much more convincing in her role.

kunal, boman were awesome too!!

who's the guy who played abdul jabbar? Tongue
he was ok. so was whoever played Diwan.

wanna thank both these characters for making Don super angry cos he looks hot when he's angry Day Dreaming ROFL

yeah maybe but i really loved farhan's work minus roma. i of course have nothing against her accent. like don said, it was kinky LOL

man don was sooo damn sexy when he's in rage! i wanted to grab him off da screen and kiss him Blushing da word sexy was never associated with shah in my life but don really changed it! i've never seen so sexier than this man

jabbar guy reminded me of that sand dude in spider man 2 ROFL
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aiswaryaaa

Originally posted by ...Poojie...

17-19 cr?!!that's great ..
i think they included telugu/tamil version too ...TA said it's 15cr..

There is a tamil-telegu version as well for Don 2 Shocked ..I didn't knew that...ShockedEmbarrassedLOL

AishMinoztomnjerry2

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:25am | IP Logged

B.O. update: 'Don 2' superb at plexes, O'seas huge

By Taran Adarsh, December 23, 2011 - 19:27 IST
Now here's the latest picture on DON 2 in India and Overseas. ONLY on Bollywood Hungama…
The much-awaited DON 2 opened to a fabulous response at multiplexes at several centres in India. The widest release ever [3105 screens in India], the film embarked on a strong start from morning shows itself, garnering 100% figures at several screens, although a few plexes were in 70% to 80% range. The overall occupancy at plexes was 70%, as on Friday evening. There were brisk block bookings for evening and night shows at major multiplex chains, which will add to a fat total on Friday.

The single screens, however, were not too receptive in some circuits. Perhaps, the absence of a hit track [like 'Chammak Challo' in RA.ONE and 'Ooh La La' in THE DIRTY PICTURE] could be one of the main reasons behind it. But the writer spoke to several exhibitors across the country, who were optimistic of the business picking up in the evening/night shows. 

Day 1 [Friday], as per early estimates, is likely to close at Rs 15 cr + nett figure. 

Internationally too, DON 2 had a wide release [690 screens in 41 countries], with the film opening a day earlier in several markets. The response was terrific, especially in Middle East. Here are the day-wise figures of DON 2 in some key markets, exclusively on Bollywood Hungama:- 

UK
Wednesday: 117,138
Thursday: 86,675
Total: 203,813

Australia
Thursday: A$ 28,244

New Zealand
Thursday: NZ$ 15,118

Middle East [incl UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Muscat, Kuwait] 
Thursday: $ 385,000
Party