India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 19)

-Kruti.S- IF-Rockerz
-Kruti.S-
-Kruti.S-

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
I have the same choices as you both,so I am sure this movie will defo work for me Approve
I like the classy and stylish appeal in action thrillers, they make the bad guy look sexy and even though he is bad, you like him! Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmores-SalShah4eva-

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Actually Agneepath is the only one of those type of raw films that looks half decent to me..at least from the first teaser that came out a million years ago...I hated pretty much everything about Singham--from the promos to the movie..Dabangg..shockingly I knew nothing about it or cared until Munni was shoved down my throat..yes I live under a rock sometimes LOL The movie didn't work for me either...Agneepath on the other hand generated some excitement from the teaser and I am on a "I don't like HR" phase currently LOL but I do have an aversion to that type of film so I'm not sure how much I'd actually like it Confused Ehhh I'll be too busy anyways to watch it, unless of course the reviews are amazingly great...

Krutii! Some non-fans have said SRK has never ever ever looked so sexy. Blushing Toh chalo even if the movie sucks, at least I get good eye candy and can drool over how sexy and stylish he looks. Day Dreaming

Edited by chocolover89 - 22 December 2011 at 6:17pm

-Kruti.S--SalShah4eva-

-Kruti.S- IF-Rockerz
-Kruti.S-
-Kruti.S-

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
@ Himani : I will watch Agneepath only because I have watched the original version and I really want to see how HR portrays the character of Vijay again and they also said that the story is different here so ya I am defo inclined towards watching the movie...I found HR fine in ZNMD so lets see how he does it here...

yeah heard about that SRK never looked so sexy and stylish in any of the movies before, that is defo a major point for me right there as well Day Dreaming...
waise bhi Farhan always does pretty good job when it comes to characters styling and costume...I am sure he nailed it again here and even in the promos SRK loooks AMAZING Blushing eeks I cant wait till the weekend...

gilmorestomnjerry2

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
I thought Farhan and Abhay overshadowed HR in ZNMD...but that film was a good one time watch.

I knoww tell me about it! He looked smoking hot in the promos only Blushing Sundayy come faster!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-

FakeLove IF-Stunnerz
FakeLove
FakeLove

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
im going for don today and im pretty excited for it. really care less for those who hate srk & don cuz im gonna have a blast!! 

-Kruti.S-

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Actually Agneepath is the only one of those type of raw films that looks half decent to me..at least from the first teaser that came out a million years ago...I hated pretty much everything about Singham--from the promos to the movie..Dabangg..shockingly I knew nothing about it or cared until Munni was shoved down my throat..yes I live under a rock sometimes LOL The movie didn't work for me either...Agneepath on the other hand generated some excitement from the teaser and I am on a "I don't like HR" phase currently LOL but I do have an aversion to that type of film so I'm not sure how much I'd actually like it Confused Ehhh I'll be too busy anyways to watch it, unless of course the reviews are amazingly great...

Krutii! Some non-fans have said SRK has never ever ever looked so sexy. Blushing Toh chalo even if the movie sucks, at least I get good eye candy and can drool over how sexy and stylish he looks. Day Dreaming
Yaa//agneepath looks good..i hope it is..
ya didnt liked dabang..but didnt watched sngham..my bro like it..he likes these kind of movies//i guess hes a guy thats why ROFL 

today was my last semester yay now i can watch Don 2 tomorrow..i m so excited
i wanna go to T but dont know if any1 would like to take meLOL

-Kruti.S-

fly2me IF-Sizzlerz
fly2me
fly2me

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Taran's Review:
3.5/5 stars

Don 2
By  Taran Adarsh, 23 Dec 2011, 07:35 hrs IST
Remaking the Amitabh Bachchan classic DON was a risk in itself. Not only because it is one of Bachchan's most iconic characters, but also because films like SHOLAY, DON, AMAR AKBAR ANTHONY, DEEWAR, TRISHUL, MUQADDAR KA SIKANDER [and many, many more] redefined the cinema of 1970s and 1980s. Farhan Akhtar accepted the challenge and attempted a successful remake of DON with SRK.

Paanch saal baad, Farhan and his team of writers decide to carry the concept frontward with DON 2. I genuinely feel that sequels shouldn't be attempted if you don't have an enthralling story to narrate. This time, Farhan chooses an entirely new concept, garnishes it with classic action, stunning visuals, giving it an international look and feel… the intention is to make the second part superior and enhanced than the first. Also, the fascination for thrillers such as M.I., BOURNE and BOND series is pretty evident.

While one was abundantly aware of what the first part had to offer [since it was a remake], one is completely oblivious about what the sequel has in store. And it is this facet of the film that kindles colossal interest. You cannot tell what Don's next move would be. As the reels unfold, you realize that he's cold blooded. You can't mess with him. He's dangerous to deal with. He has an agenda. Ditto for Roma [Priyanka Chopra], who shares a tumultuous relationship with Don. It's a cat and mouse chase.

When viewed in isolation, DON 2 looks like the right package to woo the movie-going junta -- SRK in top form, a stylishly crafted story, pulsating and invigorating action and stunts. But it's not without its share of hiccups. In fact, the first hour and the post-interval portions of the film are akin to the two sides of the same coin. The first hour is bland, the second is energetic. The first hour is deficient in thrills, the second keeps you on the edge. The first hour disentangles at a languid pace, the second is feverish with several adrenaline rush moments.

DON 2 begins in Thailand and moves to Malaysia. Don [SRK] surrenders himself to the cops [Om Puri, Priyanka Chopra] and is sent to a Malaysian prison. There, he meets his old foe Vardhan [Boman Irani]. Don hatches a conspiracy to escape with Vardhan and they succeed as well. They reach Zurich, then Berlin. The motive is to rob the currency plates. It's an unfeasible task, but Don takes the help of a hacker [Kunal Kapoor] to accomplish his plans.

With DON 2, Farhan Akhtar reasserts himself as one of Hindi cinema's stylish storytellers. It wouldn't be erroneous to state that DON 2 redefines slick in Bollywood. But the film could've done with a tighter script. Besides, the writing is urban-centric and those with an appetite for international thrillers may take to the film instantly, especially the twists and turns in the second hour. Again, the conclusion to the story could've been simplified for the average viewer to decipher. Yet, all said and done, DON 2 mirrors the changing trends in Hindi cinema. Those with the conventional attitude or tilting towards the conservative form of cinema may find it difficult to absorb.

DON is also acknowledged for its vibrant and eminent dialogue. One can conjure up the lines from the original Bachchan starrer and in DON 2, the lines are in sync with the various guises and situations of the Don. The dialogue are masterly and the flamboyance with which SRK delivers the lines is what makes it exceptional. The lines are cooler, hip, zany, witty and at the same time, easy on the lips. They're sure to become the new catchphrases in times to come, like the one you recall even today: 'Don ko pakadna mushkil hi nahin, na-mumkin hain'.

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the trusted and prominent names in Excel's movies, dishearten this time around. In fact, the music is the sole sore point of the film. Sure, it has vigor and spice, but the wow factor is amiss. The film deserved a much, much superior score to match up to the standards set by Farhan Akhtar. Jason West's cinematography is dazzling. Filmed in Germany, Switzerland, Malaysia and Thailand, the film is visually enchanting. The action and stunts are spectacular.

DON 2 marks SRK's return to anti-hero roles after enacting such roles with flourish so early in his career. Recall BAAZIGAR, DARR and ANJAAM. He plays a wicked, debonair anti-hero in DON 2. The character he portrays is iniquitous and sinful, but attractive at the same time and SRK lives it up with gusto. Besides, SRK has also experimented with varied looks in the film, from a debonair looking guy to a person with unkempt hair and stubble. Without doubt, DON 2 is SRK's best action movie to date.

Priyanka revisits her character of Roma in DON 2. Not only is the character more evolved, even her performance is of a high order. In fact, she enacts the role of an angry, tough lady who means business with a vengeance. Lara Dutta looks glamorous and alluring, but her character lacks meat.

Kunal Kapoor is decent, though he doesn't really get the scenes to prove his credentials. An actor of the caliber of Om Puri is wasted this time. Boman Irani lends the right texture to his character. He excels yet again. Nawab Shah should hit big league with DON 2. He plays one of the baddies with conviction. Alyy Khan is natural, enacting his part with ease. Sahil Shroff has screen presence and stands out in a brief role. Hrithik Roshan appears in a cameo.

On the whole, DON 2 rides on star power and brand value. The film has a bland first hour, but the second half takes the film to another level. There's no denying that a cohesive script would've made a world of a difference to the film, but the tremendous hype, star power and the lucrative period [Christmas and New Year celebrations] will make its investors reap a harvest.

-Kruti.S-tomnjerry2

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
so bascially, I already knew now..Don 2 gonna work for me..cant wait for tommorowDancing

Go to top