AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

'Don 2' all set to cross 100 crore

Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 27, 2011]

Shahrukh Khan must be breathing easy. His 'Don 2' didn't just open well, it also managed to sustain itself well over the weekend and then the dreaded Monday to ensure that it would now be a clean hit at the least. With around 50 crore coming in it's opening weekend, the film has seen the best start ever for a film released on a non-holiday period. Even otherwise, the film has done quite well and though one does assume that at least 5 crore more could have been gained if not for the 'Ra. One' backlash, the collections in hand are still good enough to ensure a healthy status ahead.

The film wasn't spared of it's share of hiccups though. There was slight negativity that had started setting in the week leading to the film's release and by the time Thursday evening press shows concluded, there was the usual round of adverse commentary from mischief makers that started making the rounds. Thankfully this didn't matter much to those who were indeed waiting to catch the flick as they flocked in dozens by the time Friday came to a close. On the flip side reviews weren't any helpful as quite a few ranged from average to below average though there were some that had good things to say as well.

Audience feedback though was much better than critical response with many finding Farhan Akhtar's slick treatment to the plot quite interesting with added advantage of watching a vintage Shahrukh Khan. While response here ranged from good to very good, there was also a (relatively smaller) segment of audience which were left disappointed with what the film had to offer. It is due to this very reason that the film never went full steam ahead and had to settle down as a success which was good, though not earth shattering.

With the first major milestone of scraping through the weekend pretty much surpassed, the next immediate question is whether 'Don 2' would break the 100 crore barrier or not. Well, the answer is - 'Yes'. The way this film has managed to do well on Monday as well, it is quite clear that the film is finding good audience for itself. With coming weekend coinciding with holiday season and no new release round the corner, expect a reasonably healthy addition to the film's total from Friday to Sunday.

In fact the film should cross the 100 crore mark within two weeks and post that it would be closely observed if it manages to surpass 115 crore total of Shahrukh's biggest grosser till date, 'Ra. One'.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/75956.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Don 2 Tuesday Collections | Negligible Drop

Posted by admin on December 27th, 2011

Don 2 is Running Smoothly on the weekdays as well. The Film After Having a Healthy Monday With a Drop Lesser than 50% From Friday showed almost no drop on its 5th Day.

The Collections on Tuesday are 7 crores approx. This is a Decent Figure and Don 2 is Going Perfectly.

Don 2 is on Somewhat Right Track and if it is able to maintain this pace it may go above 100 cr Net Collections in India. The Overseas is also Doing Great Business.

The 5 day total till now is 62-63 crores approximately. The Week is Likely to Finish at 74 crores. This is a Good Total, Despite that its under expectations. If the Coming Weeks Perform Well, Don 2 Can Do Good Collections as it has benefit of New Year Holiday and Many Holidays in First 2 Weeks of January.

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
srk is very very goood indeed my faith  restored after a disaster lyk ra o ne

hees best performance after chak de
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just finished watching DON 2 ! OMG ! SRK is AMAZINGG! He is indeed the king. He is an amazing actor.. I loved the movie, it was good defintetly worth a watch! Priyanka was amazing as well and her and srk look really good together! EEEK! great movie. haven't seen a good hindi movie in a long time. I give it 5 stars :)  
December 28th, 2011

Is Shahrukh Khan upset with negative reviews of 'Don 2'?

Shahrukh Khan has cut short his holiday plans to start working post haste on his next romantic film with Yash Chopra

Shahrukh Khan was recently labelled the 'most hardworking star of Bollywood' and it seems that he has taken the moniker a little too seriously. After a gruelling 2011 thanks to his ambitious films RA.One and Don 2, we were happy when we heard that SRK would be taking a long break for some quality family time to recuperate and rejuvenate. He has been all over the globe, shooting and promoting his films and he deserved a vacation, wethought. Now we hear that he has dropped the idea of a long holiday and will settle for four days off with his family and come back early for Yash Chopra's romantic film that he has signed with Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. This one will be Shahrukh's return to romance after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, which released almost three years ago. His outings as an action hero haven't been received too well and all the critics have disliked both RA.One and Don 2. His loyal fans have ensured that his films don't crash at the BO, but it seems that SRK is disappointed by his recent record and wants to do some damage control, for which he is banking on the Yash Chopra film, where he will be seen romancing the Chikni Chameli babe for the first time. As excited as we are about watching SRK stand with his feet apart, fling his arms out, and sing soulfully as a romantic hero once again, we just hope he doesn't burn himself out with all the hard work that he is putting into his work. We want to see more of him for a long time to come, after all!

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
^^ he is starting the shoot of Yashraj film on 8th Jan 2012...he himself said so in a recent interview and morever DON 2 was loved by majority of the audience...thats all matters at the end coz critics love to write negative stuff about him, after all they love him so much ðŸ˜†
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Watched it today!! <333 TOTALLY worth it. Will put a review up tomorrow!(:
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Um anyone who didn't like the film better give me a damn good reason for not liking it.

This movie was beyond genius! Amazing scenes, amazing acting by the entire cast, amazing action sequences, amazing location shots...amazing EVERYTHING. 

The soundtrack was average, but the movie was AMAZING!!!!

I don't know how people could not have enjoyed this movie. :| Don 2 was def one of the better  movies of this year!!

Saw this movie today. Okay, I must say, I LOVED IT! I mean, I just didnt enjoy it like I enjoyed Ra.One (which I did for mostly the W*F moments and the songs) but really, I thougt it was a birilliantly made movie. SHahruk kinda overacted in the first 15 minutes or so but MAN, he was awesome in the rest of the movie!

HOW CAN ANYONE BE SO CHARMING?? I mean, SRK in his movies manges to charm people while playing the love-struck lover and at the same time, also as the evil Don! I mean, he was a bad guy right from the beginning to the end. His scenes with Roma were awesome! I must admit, I really loved PC's toned down performance. She was AWESOME in the action scenes! Lara Dutta was BLAAAHH. She looked good though. Boman Irani acted really nice and so did Kunal Kapoor.

The only W*F moment that I can think of was the SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT (SRK peeeling off Hritik's mask from his face ðŸ¤£)
Except for the front 2-3 rows, the theatre was totally packed. Or maybe because it was a Tuesday but whatever. I went with my family and everybody LOVED IT. My dad and I are going watchin it in 3D next weeki :)  
And I still haven't seen the movie...boo hoo! ðŸ¥º