Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
  Don 2 is a wannabe Hollywood film!  Reminds me of James Bond and the MI movies with Tom Cruise.  Why can't SRK ever enact a character?  He is always his usual self, ridiculous hamming, and over the top expressions!  Now, the action scenes were well-done and the shooting of Germany was breathtaking!  The movie was indeed stylish and fast-paced!  But, all STYLE and no substance!  However, how can the script be original?!  SRK lied about that.  But, the weakest link is the leading man!  And SRK is getting worse with each film.  RA1 was dreadful and his acting in Don 2 doesn't help his future films.   I don't like SRK talking in his wannabe English accent!  OMG!  πŸ˜‘πŸ˜† Anyway, I don't agree with everyone saying his performance was top notch.  It is one of his worst performances ever!  In fact, I loved Priyanka in this film.  She is the saving grace.  Even though her role was underdeveloped, she made Roma believable and classy.  Kudos to her for enacting the part well!  Lara Dutta looked sexy, but her presence was useless!  I feel bad for her.  I know she can act, but Bollywood did not give her what she truly deserved.  The rest of the supporting cast was awful!  Om Puri looked old and tired, Boman Irani was loud and annoying, and Kunal Kapoor looked out of place!  Farhan Akhtar directed some scenes rather well.  However, his script is very weak!  The first Don was no better and the second one is worse!  I would give this movie a rating of like 3 or 4 out of 10!  Not worth seeing in the theatre, wasted my money! 

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ  THUMBS DOWN!!!!!
I watched it tonight! Will post my review here shortly.
Just got home from watching the film.. the theater was really crappy, cursing myself for not going to the city.. there was no freaking heat.. can't wait to speak to the damn manager on Monday.. other than that.. the film was goood.. my first hindi film in the theater since 3I.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  SRK loooked goood... the film was kinda predictable but i think thats the case with every hindi film nowadays..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  action was goood.. better than MI.. Priyanka looked like $hit.. her peculiar nose was really annoying to look at.. i was hoping she'd die.. but she doesn't.. her character was pretty useless..

one positive thing abt the movie was there was only ONE song...πŸ₯³ no bakwas crap like dhinka chika and chamak challo..

Originally posted by: Meena1

Just got home from watching the film.. the theater was really crappy, cursing myself for not going to the city.. there was no freaking heat.. can't wait to speak to the damn manager on Monday.. other than that.. the film was goood.. my first hindi film in the theater since 3I.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  SRK loooked goood... the film was kinda predictable but i think thats the case with every hindi film nowadays..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  action was goood.. better than MI.. Priyanka looked like $hit.. her peculiar nose was really annoying to look at.. i was hoping she'd die.. but she doesn't.. her character was pretty useless..

one positive thing abt the movie was there was only ONE song...πŸ₯³ no bakwas crap like dhinka chika and chamak challo..

bahahahah!🀣

At first I thought that was more of a sarcastic remark...but guess, it may have been a fight off sequence or summiing...πŸ˜›
^^ I know the movie doesn't have loud songs and it isn't overdramatic its pretty subtle.. but yes predictable. PC has a hot body... but yes she has ruined her face. I watched this movie with my bro who hatees srk and is an aamir fan.. he criticized it so much.. that mujphe bhi asar pad gaya.. πŸ˜† but still the movie could have been better.
Originally posted by: --ania--

bahahahah!🀣

At first I thought that was more of a sarcastic remark...but guess, it may have been a fight off sequence or summiing...πŸ˜›

i dont wanna kill it for you but lemme give it away anyways.. only in hindi movies do you get shot on the stomach and survive without getting medical attention for like an hour.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

one annoying thing in the movie was when SRK said 'kinky'... my niece is still wondering as to what that means..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: LaDy_GaGa

^^ I know the movie doesn't have loud songs and it isn't overdramatic its pretty subtle.. but yes predictable. PC has a hot body... but yes she has ruined her face. I watched this movie with my bro who hatees srk and is an aamir fan.. he criticized it so much.. that mujphe bhi asar pad gaya.. πŸ˜† but still the movie could have been better.

yea.. it was subtle.. it was soo predictable.. my sister thought it was suspenseful.. she said she was surprised at the ending.. she's soo gullible..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i kept on telling her what the next scene would be.. she got pissed off...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  i am soo bad to go to the movies with..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

yes, the movie could have been better.. but i  would still rank it higher than a lot of recent films.. at least there was a story.. there was a beginning and an end.. in the case of recent blockbusters.. there was no such thing..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Meena1 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Meena1

i dont wanna kill it for you but lemme give it away anyways.. only in hindi movies do you get shot on the stomach and survive without getting medical attention for like an hour.. πŸ˜†

one annoying thing in the movie was when SRK said 'kinky'... my niece is still wondering as to what that means..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Thank you jee ...you ended up spoiling it :(  

πŸ˜† just kidding...the reviews have more spoilers ...I'm gonna watch this movie only for srk this time...my very first bollywood movie in theatre...wohoo :P

kinky is a confused cousin of pinky that accidently went into srk's pocket few months ago...just don't tell your niece the latter part πŸ˜› πŸ˜†  did she like the movie? 
Originally posted by: --ania--

Thank you jee ...you ended up spoiling it :(  

πŸ˜† just kidding...the reviews have more spoilers ...I'm gonna watch this movie only for srk this time...my very first bollywood movie in theatre...wohoo :P

kinky is a confused cousin of pinky that accidently went into srk's pocket few months ago...just don't tell your niece the latter part πŸ˜› πŸ˜†  did she like the movie? 

nope.. we actually conned her into going with us.. she was told its Alvin and the Chipmunks..she was confused throughout and said she's never watching the indian version of any film.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
@Meena: Aww...poor kid! I bet my little nephews and nieces wouldn't have liked it either...especially if kids are not accustomed to bwood movies.