Posted: 12 years ago
Why the fudge are they comparing Don2 to Amitabh's Don? Seriously! 

@Smartie: Who did that review? Which website? Imma go and check out their Bodyguard and Debangg reviews...hmph!
Smartie the one before the zeenews one is mihir the fadvanis review right? I skimmed that one..I'm avoiding any spoilers..tbh he gave the movie a higer rating than I expected 😆 I would have fainted out of shock if an SRK film got any higher than 2.5 stars from him..😆 He loathes SRK wiht a passion.😆Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
Exactly watz the point of comparing Don2 with AB's Don..
This time it's a different story man,n nt a remake or somthing 🤪 
Originally posted by --ania--

Why the fudge are they comparing Don2 to Amitabh's Don? Seriously! 

@Smartie: Who did that review? Which website? Imma go and check out their Bodyguard and Debangg reviews...hmph!

oops..sorry forgot to add the source...its this one:

http://mihirfadnavis.blogspot.com/2011/12/don-2-review.html

its a regular guy writing on his blog.

therz the glamsham review...
Don 2 Review

December 23, 2011 10:46:22 AM IST
By Martin D'Souza, Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

view DON 2 videos
Farhan Akhtar has taken credit for the dialogues, direction and story of DON 2. This, apart from being in the production team. Farhan, as we all know, has set very high standards in Bollywood. So DON 2, which has no story, dialogues which are 'college class' and no direction comes as a surprise.

No, in fact it is a huge blow because this is not something that you expect from a Farhan Akhtar. DON 2 is as bad as the recent duds like SHAKAL PE MAT JA, BE-CAREFUL, and MILEY NAA MILEY HUM, to name a few.

Let me start from the beginning. For the first 15 minutes, you are clueless. The next 15 minutes you are trying to fathom what exactly is going on the screen. For the remainder of the film, you are left numb with disbelief.

CHECK OUT: Shahrukh: Don ko pakadna mushkil hee nahi...

Shah Rukh Khan tries too hard. There is no aura of a Don around him. Nothing sinister even though he tries bloody hard. Priyanka Chopra is left mouthing, 'Oh my God,' 'Really,' and 'I'm on my way.' She is not convincing as the character she plays and is as clueless as Farhan and SRK. Om Puri looks as stunned as the rest of the cast while a role etched out for Kunal Kapoor is laughable. Even Aly Khan who was impressive in a movie released two weeks ago, JO HUM CHAHEIN (Featuring two debutants), is left groping in the dark. Boman Irani, what have they Don(e) with you!

The beginning itself is a bummer. Everyone wants Don dead and the Malaysian cartel where he is king has been given a deal by gang lords in Europe to finish off Don so that they have a network there. This is because Don has now set his sights on Europe. There is a gun (automatic weapon) pointed at Don's head and he is surrounded from all sides. So what do these guys do? They indulge in dialogue baazi and in the clumsiest of action moves Don triumphs. C'mon Farhan, this is an action flick. Make it believable!

There is no fear in the moment. Another low-point is Don surrendering and being imprisoned in a maximum high security prison in Malaysia. His escape from there with Vardhan (Boman Irani), in the most comical way is more annoying than sinister. It's like a Tom and Jerry show. But even in a Tom and Jerry show you marvel at the innovative ideas of the two characters to get at each other.

CHECK OUT: DON 2 in 62nd Berlinale Special programme

A third most disappointing factor is the use of Hrithik Roshan. OK, even if you have to use him as a face mask, at least don't show his double thumb. This way we will think he is a part of the cast!

And yes, there is a hint of Don 3 making its way...

Ratings : 1/5

Just came after watching Don 2 😎 It was awsum...👏 Lots of Actions packed scenes and one Liners made d film Amazing👍🏼
The Movie certainly deserves a gud rating😊
SRK rocked all d way And definately he ended d year in a superb way.
Originally posted by chocolover89

Smartie the one before the zeenews one is mihir the fadvanis review right? I skimmed that one..I'm avoiding any spoilers..tbh he gave the movie a higer rating than I expected 😆 I would have fainted out of shock if an SRK film got any higher than 2.5 stars from him..😆 He loathes SRK wiht a passion.😆

he does..?😆

i have no clue...i just typed don2 reviews in google from the past 1 hour and got these 😆

the review above tht isnt from a critic...its some guy who owns a blog called "These pretzels are making me thirsty" 😆

any word on vigil idiot, bollywoodgandu yet?
Originally posted by smartie_pants

he does..?😆

i have no clue...i just typed don2 reviews in google from the past 1 hour and got these 😆

the review above tht isnt from a critic...its some guy who owns a blog called "These pretzels are making me thirsty" 😆

any word on vigil idiot, bollywoodgandu yet?
LOL yeah he does--he's admitted it too 😆 Its the fadvanis review..you posted the link in one your previous posts :) 

I don't read Vigil Idiot reviews for a film I want to watch before I do watch it because he gives everythign away..and especially for a thriller, I would HATE to know all the twists and turns..
Going to watch it tonight! Really excited!

Tutejajoginder Joginder Tuteja 
Don 2 **** Unpredictable with several engaging sequences that ensure it turns out 2 be more than just a 'paisa vasool' affair@FarOutAkhtar
4 minutes ago 
Don 2: **** Doesn't take audience's intelligence for granted. Gripping, stylish, thrilling and constantly makes u think@FarOutAkhtar
5 minutes ago 
Don 2: **** : 'Wow' - Now this is what u end up exclaiming not just around the time when end credits start rolling for 'Don 2'@FarOutAkhtar
6 minutes ago 
Don 2: It is 2 d credit of a well designed screenplay that makes u concentrate entirely on what unfolds on screen @iamsrk@FarOutAkhtar
7 minutes ago 
Don 2: There are 2 thrilling episodes that make for the 70 odd minutes that follow post the intermission. @iamsrk @FarOutAkhtar@ritesh_sid
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Don 2: 3D conversion here is hardly the kind that makes much of a difference to the visuals. It doesn't add much value to the visual appeal
8 minutes ago 
Don 2...while charming the audience enough to root for him despite enacting a negative character.
9 minutes ago 
Don 2: SRK gets into a mode like this after ages. Here, he gets the menacing side of him on display...
9 minutes ago 
Ruky,3.5 from taran ..
he gave 4.5 2 ra1 ;)