Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
ok here z an user review

Just got back from watching the first showing of DON2 in Manchester...Its very slick,stylish and uber-SEXY!!! Loved every exciting minute of this film which is far superior technically to the first DON. The story is gripping (Farhan take a bow...great script!) and Shah Rukh has never looked so mean yet cool and sexy (yes we noticed those muscles and push ups!)...That swagger reminded me of Johnny Depp and the unflustered cool of the elusive Scarlet Pimpernel.I really felt scared of him in some parts he just gets the mean-ness(?) of his character perfectly well...doing perfectly awful things with a sar(DON)ic smile...yes I can see why Roma is transfixed by him...I certainly was! I never doubted that ShahRukh would do a good job in this but can I stick my neck out and say that he has aced this one? Priyanka was very good although her role wasnt as big as I thought it would be. She is a very stylish actress and has that international feel that other Bollywood heroines havent quite got the hang of. She was great in all the action sequences too. She looked so good in the evening gown or even jeanns and flak jacket! What I really liked was that all the supporting cast were good too...Boman, Kunal,Lara, Om Puri and the actor who played Divan were all fab..All the European cast were very good too (this is not always the case in Bollywood movies).Even Hrithik's brief cameo was great and not over the top (I have noticed that cameos in many Bollywood movies spoil the flow of the film and borders on sentimentality) All the stunts were executed beautifully without any glitches...this movie looks so good!! The locales from Malaysia (being Malaysian, I was thrilled to see my hometown Kuala Lumpur and Malacca where I grew up!) and Berlin were breathtaking...it was obvious that Farhan had pulled out all the stops in both countries. Small touches like Red Chillies featuring in one escape made me smile...Farhan has produced a brilliant film and I hope this becomes a blockbuster...I do so hope there will be a DON3,4,5 etc a real Bollywood franchise!
There are not many songs in the film but they blend in well...My only criticism is that I wasnt able to read the subtitles clearly even with the 3D glasses and also Dushman Mehra begins just a few seconds too late so that people had already got up from their seats and so I wasnt able to get a clear view and enjoy this lovely video (hope something can be done to edit out the gap)...I'm watching it again with my family tomorrow ...can't wait! 
AishMinoz thumbnail
HeYa Rehan πŸ€—
long time 
yess he z very good bad boy πŸ˜†
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Hey Aish.. πŸ€—

yup thr has been sum changes in my wrking schedule so not highly active !!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

how r u ?πŸ˜›

n whn r u watching ?? keep the moving running till i cum haan !!πŸ˜›

Keep-------------Smiling !!!😊
AishMinoz thumbnail
sure πŸ˜†
sunday for me :( ..waiting for sundayy
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
okay Hope you enjoy.. πŸ˜›

cnt wait for tomo...!! hope for the best !!! πŸ˜›  thr is no business news in UK as of now ? πŸ˜›

Keep--------------Smiling !!!😊
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I couldnt care less about PC this movie is all about DON for me and i cant wait for it any longer with all the positive buzz going on twitter abt the plot and Srks performance  . 
tomnjerry2 thumbnail

Bollywood | Posted on Dec 22, 2011 at 03:08pm IST

Preview: What to expect from Shah Rukh's 'Don 2'

inShare

New Delhi: The exhausting promotions, the multi-city tours and the endless interviews have all led up to this moment. Having established his domination over the Asian drug world, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is back in the theatres this Friday reprising his earlier role as Don 2, the sequel to the 2006 remake of the Amitabh Bachchan classic, hits the screens.

The film has already been released in the UK where it has got mostly positive reviews from fans. Don 2 has Khan playing the antagonist reprising his role from the 2006 film 'Don: The Chase Begins Again.'

A lot was riding on the first film, directed by actor-director Farhan Akhtar, where Khan was not only pitted against acclaimed industry veterans such as Boman Irani and Om Puri but also expected to shine in a role made famous by Bachchan.

From Amitabh Bachchan, Zeenat Aman to Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra the 'Don' brigade is extremely glamorous
IBNLive

In the last big holiday weekend of 2011, the core team of Khan, Akhtar and producer Ritesh Sidhwani hope to recreate the 2006 magic with a sleek story that will hopefully keep the audiences engaged for the better part of two hours.

Sixty-seven cars were reportedly blown up during a chase scene. Expect high octane action, this time in 3D as the action picks up on the streets of Berlin. Hrithik Roshan fans can look forward to a short cameo role. Priyanka Chopra has toned up for the film while Lara Dutta is sizzling in a gold dress in one of the songs. Visually, this is a film that has the feel of an international crime thriller.

'Don 2' will be released with 3,000 movie prints in the domestic market and it will also have 3D release in another 550 screens. Written and directed by Akhtar, the film is co-produced by Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment and Akhtar and Sidhwani's Excel Entertainment. While Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Irani and Puri reprise their roles as Don, Roma, Vardhan and Malik respectively, the sequel has some new additions such as Kunal Kapoor, Lara Dutta, Aly Khan, Nawaab Shah and Sahil Shroff.

Akhtar roped in international stunt director Wolfgang Stegemann, who has worked on Hollywood films 'Inglourious Basterds' and 'Valkyrie', for the stunts. He trained Khan for daring fight sequences and also created a special fight style for him in 'Don 2'.

It is a negative role for Khan, but he says, "I am not glorifying badness in real life and these are just films and stories, but as an actor it is one of the greatest highs to play a villain's role."

Khan, in his over two decades in the film industry, has never acted in a sequel.

He has worked on his look for this film. While Don (2006) saw him donning suave dinner jackets, this time around he has gone for jailhouse grunge.

Shot in the Brandenburg Gate, the Olympia Stadium, the Gandarmen Market and the East Side Gallery, it is a breathtaking chase through Berlin's landmarks including a vertigo-inducing 300-feet plunge.

Made at a budget of over Rs 75 crore approximately, the film found itself in the midst of controversies for copyright infringement from the original makers. According to reports, Nariman Films, producer of the 1978 Amitabh starrer 'Don', has sent a legal notice to Excel Entertainment for copyright infringement saying they had only given the right to remake the movie and no rights to make a sequel. The film is the last big release of the year and its satellite right has reportedly been sold for Rs 37 crore to Zee TV.

Trade pundits are keeping their fingers crossed for the film to hit the bull's eye at the box office and allow the filmdom to enter the new year riding on the profits of the film. (With Additional information from IANS)

Keep--------------Smiling !!!😊
anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

no one talked about Lara's role?

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
Lara does not hav a significant role to talk  !!!πŸ˜†

Keep------------------Smiling !!!😊
AishMinoz thumbnail
another user review
Don 2(spoiler alert)

Theatre : Vox Cinemas, Dubai
Date & Time : 22nd December 2011, 4:00 PM

On looking at Farhan Akhtar's multi-talented track record, obviously the expectations are sky high! And as expected he raises the bar, by redeeming the franchise to a whole new level by making it as Hollywoodesque as possible!

Plot : Don is back after five years, with a nearly impossible mission. He wants to steal the Euro currency plates from a vault with state-of-the-art security systems in Berlin, and thereby disappear as a free bird after getting complete immunity, for which he frees Vardhan from a Malaysian jail & teams up with a goon Jabbar! Does this master plan succeed with the help of an expert hacker's talent, when Roma continues to chase him forms the crux of the story!

The plot has nothing strikingly innovative with a heist plan which we have seen in umpteen number of Hollywood flicks! The movie also reminds you of the 'Mission Impossible' & 'James Bond' franchises at some points! But the film works mainly owing to Farhan Akhtar's slick narrative providing edge-of-seat entertainment with kickass stunt sequences, explosions, break-ins, escapes which are on par with the Hollywood touchstones in the same genre! 

Be it the way he smokes or his wicked envisions, Shahrukh Khan works his magical charisma yet again as Don, with smashing persona and getups! He looks badass and more energetic here, unlike RA.One where his age was shown explicably! Watchout for the post-climax portions where he comes in his one of the most stylish getups ever! Priyanka Chopra puts up yet another strong performance as Roma, in the limited space! Om Puri does excel as usual.. Boman Irani, continues his good show being a badass villain.. Lara Dutta had nothing much to do except for looking glamorous.. Kunal Kapoor puts up a decent performance as the hacker who cracks the security system.. 

Among the negatives, by getting exposed lots of Hollywood flicks in the same genre, you might feel a sense of deja-vu at few instances with the characterization of Don feeling similar to 'Ethan Hunt' at times and some really predictable twists, but Farhan was careful enough to weave out the principal twist of the movie at the very end, in such a way that it was unpredictable by teasing the viewers intelligently! The space for emotional quotient in such a movie is too confined! Songs were strictly mediocre, with 'Zara Dil Ko' being the pick with impressive visuals, but the background score was a high point of the movie which makes it more engaging! Editing was pitch perfect which helped its slick narration a lot! Cinematography of the movie was another beguiling aspect which meets international standards.. Watchout for the chase sequences, destructions & most of the action sequences in the movie to experience the technical perfection of the movie!

All in all, a slick edge-of-the-seat thriller with rich production values from Farhan Akhtar & SRK, which carries forward the legacy of Don, and has an interesting cameo from Hrithik Roshan which reminds of Mission Impossible!  Action movie lovers, go for it!

Rating - 8/10
Verdict - Bring on the 3rd installement!! Blockbuster written all over it!