Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

How much has the characters really evolved? UPDTD

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

The show is entering a new phase with a new entry and an exit. But what about the old phase? How much has the characters evolved? 

Did the character really grow after six months? Here's my analysis on each and every character. 

First of all I would talk about Lavanya since the character is exiting for the show.

LAVANYA KASHYAP: When La first entered the show she gave us the impression of a modern, city bred, independent and career-oriented young lady. But soon after we were thoroughly unimpressed to see see a shallow, materialistic, bimbo who only cared about her beauty appointments and expensive gifts from her rich boyfriend. As the show progressed, her character got dumber (during her initial days at RM) but later it recovered after she became friends with Khushi. Her character was redeemed during her first break-up with ASR and since then it only got better. Now that La is exiting we are going to remember her as a mature, sensible and dignified lady who not only understood herself, but understood what was going around her. I hope this impression lasts. If La ever comes back, I don't want her back as a vamp, certainly not after this.

Now moving on to all other characters:

ASR : I have analyzed him many times so I am not going to get into details here. ASR has the strongest character sketch among all the characters and I like the way his character is progressing. He has developed an understanding for people and situations and he has learned to own up to his mistakes. But he still has a long way to go in understanding his own feelings and expressing them. People like ASR don't change a day. It takes time and I don't have issues with the slow progress. But I don't want him mellow down to extent which makes him bland. I'd like to see the character as a well balanced blend between ASR and Arnav.

KKG : Although I love KKG, I have to admit that her character has not grown much. Her heart is always at the right place but she has to give up her nosy attitude. She has to learn the concept of privacy and learn to say no and do things that pleases her or is right for her instead of making endless sacrifices for her family who gives two hoots for her feelings. She has a tendency to suppress her real emotions at times in order to make others happy. This will only cause her misery in the long run. Khushi is one of the strongest female leads I have seen in soaps and I disagree with all those who say she is not emotionally and financially independent. I hope from now onwards we get more glimpses of her inner feelings.

Both ASR and KKG need to get out of that denial mode in order to have any sort of progress in their relationship. If not anything else they need to understand and admit that they now have an important place in each other's lives.

Barun and Sanaya both rock as ASR and KKG. But the duo is looking very tired and sick these days and at some point it might affect their performances. I hope other characters and track are developed sensibly so that we enjoy them as much as the Arhi track (If these tow has less screen time on any given day ) , so that these two gets some rest. 

AKASH : Although he gets limited screen time, I think Akash is also a consistent character. Whenever Akash is given focus he comes out as confident and grounded. I wish he gets a lot more to do in the show. Akshay is a good actor and I hate to see his character getting wasted.

PAYAL: Payal's character needs a lot of improvement. I wish to see Payal do a lot more than just laundry and depend on her sister to do the job for her. Payal did impress me a bit when she answered those guests in a demure but confident way and that she was not deterred by the presence of her would be MIL. This reduces the chance of her being a doormat after marriage.

If Deepali's role is going to get bigger by any chance then she needs to work on her expressions. Maybe she'll do better if she doesn't try so hard.

I would like to see more 'couple moments' between Payash where they have sensible conversations Instead of giving shy smiles to each other.

ANJALI : I really don't know where to start and where to finish. Can this character go more downhill? During the early days of IPK, Anjali was a loving and caring sister but she also gave her brother space, respected and understood his feelings. Not just Arnav, it seemed like she understood each and every member of the family. But now it appears that it's all about her. When she found out about ASR-La break up, it seemed that she cared less about what ASR wanted and more about not letting La leave because she has developed an attachment towards her. She seems emotionally dependent on every other member of the family and is completely out of touch with reality.

When she heard about Khushi's break up, it looked like she was more heartbroken and then Khushi. I have a feeling she is still hung up on her past to an unhealthy extent where she compares every broken relationship with her broken marriage (the one we saw in flashbacks) and possibly with what happened to her parents.

Enough has been said about her marriage with Shyam. I am guessing she is just like La (who refused to believe that her relationship wasn't working). I mean she is in denial as well. She probably gets signs of Shyam's misdeeds but chooses to ignore them preferring to live in her happy bubble.

Does she really need to cry buckets after buckets of tears? This is getting really annoying. What a waste of a talented actress. I miss those sibling moments between her and Arnav where Daljeet completely rocked with her performance.

SHYAM : Lamest fictional antagonist I have ever seen. This character has no real purpose. I hope the cv's come up with a back story at least. As for  Abhaas, I am not impressed, Sorry.

BUAJI : I don't want analyze her again. She is another stereotypical character but people like her do exist. She made a very big mistake but at least she is repentant. I hope she does not repeat this particular mistake ever again. No issues with Abha Parmar's portrayal.

GARIMA : Neither the actress nor the character impresses me on any level. Garima is a disgrace for a mother. That's it. I miss the old Lucknow Garima who showed signs of authority and dignity. I miss the old actress too.

MAMIJI :  Don't want to comment much on the character. I'd hate to see her become completely evil and torture her DIL. I would want the character to retain some of the original (caring ) traits. Utkarsha Naik is fabulous.

NANIJI :  Although I did not like nani's attitude towards La when she came to live at RM, her character has remained pretty much consistent. I like her as the loving yet authoritative Nani. I particularly liked the way she has dealt with Arnav-La break up. But I would like her to do something about mami's offensive behavior towards the Gupta's. 

MAMAJI :  There is not much too analyze. Please give the actor a proper character. He is getting more lines though which is a good sign. I have never seen him interact with his nephew and niece. Maybe the cv's could show some bonding. 

BABUJI :  A loving father but not a good detective and certainly not good with sign language. But I hope he recovers soon. I liked the father-daughter bonding scenes. I want to see him interact with Arnav and Akash, I would also like to see him blast Garima for being such a pathetic wife and a mother and Buaji for being such a disgraceful sister. 

Sorry for the long rant. 😳

UPDATED : After today's epi I have to say that I think ASR has mellowed down to much. He needs to retain some of his original ASR traits.  

AS for KKG I am not liking her antics much. Being funny and bubbly is one thing and being downright irritating is another thing. They need to tone it sown a little bit.

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IronyDied thumbnail
😆,, analysis expert!😆

i will say that only ASR and lavnaya were the character which improved for the better! but right now ASR is in a amazing situation! i want him to stay in that level! BUT..only for others.. a little bit of acceptance factor is necessary! i dont want him to convert into fully Arnav.. i love sometime back with ASR when needed type Arnav! 😳

KKG.. she really needs to be shown a bit mature now! at least in terms of some things..like if she is asking ASR something let him speak!.. do not get over powered by others..take your decision your own..and lastly think for yourself and after that your selfish family..specially you so called amma!

anjali..??? she progressed? rather that her tears all are like before! in fact she has succeeded in becoming more dumb and annoying! payal..akash..and all others..i really dont care seriously! have no hopes from then when it comes to ArHi! they have progressed but only in their own needs!  
incandescent thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: vampire_girl

😆,, analysis expert!😆

thanks !! 😆

i will say that only ASR and lavnaya were the character which improved for the better! but right now ASR is in a amazing situation! i want him to stay in that level! BUT..only for others.. a little bit of acceptance factor is necessary! i dont want him to convert into fully Arnav.. i love sometime back with ASR when needed type Arnav! 😳

I agree !

KKG.. she really needs to be shown a bit mature now! at least in terms of some things..like if she is asking ASR something let him speak!.. do not get over powered by others..take your decision your own..and lastly think for yourself and after that your selfish family..specially you so called amma!

yes KKG needs to listen !!

anjali..??? she progressed? rather that her tears all are like before! in fact she has succeeded in becoming more dumb and annoying! payal..akash..and all others..i really dont care seriously! have no hopes from then when it comes to ArHi! they have progressed but only in their own needs!

true !!

tanthya thumbnail

Fari,

Lovely analysis ..

Khushi ; In addition to doing what is right for her..she must also stop imposing her  views of rights & wrongs on other's ..

Payal  is another character  who has begun to evolve IMO..she is the only one apart from Khushi who takes on ASR .. and in fact I would say is quite effective too ..much more than Khushi is ..
incandescent thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tanthya

Fari,

Lovely analysis ..

thanks 

Khushi ; In addition to doing what is right for her..she must also stop imposing her  views of rights & wrongs on other's ..

Yes that habit of her's needs to change. She has good intentions but she rarely understands that what's right for one person may not right for another. 

Payal  is another character  who has begun to evolve IMO..she is the only one apart from Khushi who takes on ASR .. and in fact I would say is quite effective too ..much more than Khushi is ..

Payal's character is taking baby steps...hope it makes more progress. 

Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
I think you have a done a wonderful job. I agreed with everything you said. I find it odd how these thoughtful posts don't get enough views or replies on this forum. Then, if you compare to characters, the topic is shut down. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Thoughts about characters and reflections? I have no issues with the popular posts which are also fun, but I am finding this forum really limiting on other grounds. Hope your topic becomes popular because it is a great one.
Edited by Marybarton - 12 years ago
-Atiya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
fabulous analysis :)
i think almost all da characters r consistent except for garima n anjali .garima is really a big disappointment n i too miss da old garima !!
anjali crying every nw n den is srsly annoying 👎🏼
n i agree wid u abt shyam. his doings make no sense.Even my dad (who nevr watches serials) commented dat da guy's acting is nt upto da mark .

Edited by -Atiya- - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Marybarton

I think you have a done a wonderful job. I agreed with everything you said. I find it odd how these thoughtful posts don't get enough views or replies on this forum. Then, if you compare to characters, they topic is shut down. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Thoughts about characters and reflections? I have no issues with the popular posts which are also fun, but I am finding this forum really limiting on other grounds. Hope your topic becomes popular because it is a great one.

I beg to differ that thoughful posts don't get enough views. I have always written analytical posts from the very beginning and I got plenty of views and replies. it is through these posts that I have interacted with many members and became friends. 

I personally think the forum is lacking thoughtful posts these days other than a few. because many members who made thoughtful posts are busy right now.

A lot of member such as current ( she's busy with studies so she's irregular now), momma1128, tanthya, msuniverse, sunaina02 ( short but to the point posts) , opti, honeydew (irregular) , sbk2, DiyaS ( weekly posts )  and a few others regularly make analytical posts and they are all  very popular in the forum and get a lot of views. 

If you are looking for good posts, do check out there posts.

thanks for your reply.😊

TeleFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
ANJALI : I really don't know where to start and where to finish. Can this character go more downhill? During the early days of IPK, Anjali was a loving and caring sister but she also gave her brother space, respected and understood his feelings. Not just Arnav, it seemed like she understood each and every member of the family. But now it appears that it's all about her. When she found out about ASR-La break up, it seemed that she cared less about what ASR wanted and more about not letting La leave because she has developed an attachment towards her. She seems emotionally dependent on every other member of the family and is completely out of touch with reality

Totally agree with you on this one.. i made a separate post on this already... 
zaniax thumbnail
GREAT post and analysis 👏
I hope CV's read ur post and try to work on their characters( except for ASR cause he seems to be well balanced at this point and is slowly evolving ).
But i wud love to see more focus on khushi's character as she's the main lead and some clarity and progress in Arnav & khushi's relationship.

Edited by zaniax - 12 years ago