India-Forums

Cook- off with Sanjeev Kapoor on sets of MCI 2 (Page 3)

keep-smiling IF-Dazzler
keep-smiling
keep-smiling

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

Thanks once again.

Almost 250 reads, no Likes & no Thanks!

Seriously people, how much time does it to click 'Like' button! Angry

hey,  its ok ...Smile
its jst that our show has reached its endCry,...so m njoying waiting for weekend for MCI for the last times…  predicting , searching and sharing... in fact we all shud be a lil more active here, to d extent possible, for these last 10 days…

n yeah, I agree.. responses are always welcome.. that u enjoyed... or u didntOuch... or appreciation to keep sharing.. or criticism for spamming d forumLOL... or what ever...
On a lighter note...luk ...250 views on 2 pages...so atmost 125 viewers, but that would be unreasonable... so let us take 100 viewers... outta which let us assume that around 85 cud b guest viewers, so they cant replyLOL... some ppl here already had guessed perfectly abt challenge of imitating SK's dishClap, so say 11ppl didnt found anything that xtraordinarily newApprove... n outta rest 4ppl, 3 responded n 4th is meEmbarrassed ... thus, L.H.S. = R.H.S. ... hence proved GeekLOL  ... keep-smiling...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhasamrutha

keep-smiling IF-Dazzler
keep-smiling
keep-smiling

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged

Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is an inspiration

Hi friends! I know a lot of you are still in shock after last week's double elimination in MasterChef India 2. But picking the top five contestants can never be easy. As for this week, the contestants are going to be super excited to see Chef Sanjeev Kapoor in the MasterChef India kitchen.

STARONE.IN
Meeting Sanjeev Kapoor is always a pleasure, because he is such an amazing person. You know he is one person who has showed India what a chef is and introduced our country to cookery shows nearly 19 years ago. That's a long time! He has a place of respect in every single woman's heart in India. And the best part is that he thinks out the box, with his passion for food being immense.

It's been only a few years since people have actually started respecting chefs. I think Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has contributed in a major way towards this change. I am sure the contestants will be pretty thrilled about him being on the show. He is going to get his signature dish 'Naya Shaam Savera' as a challenge for the contestants. If you broadly look at the task, it appears very simple but it includes many difficult techniques.

Take paneer for example, something as simple as getting its consistency right can make or ruin a dish. The contestants are going to work with seven types of greens that behave differently as ingredients while the gravy will have the flamb technique. I think this will be one of the toughest tasks yet for the MasterChef India 2 contestants. There are also potli samosas with sand-roasted corn, a sugar basket on top of the rice and clay-pot rice cooking ' all of which use very difficult techniques.

I am all kicked up to see how the contestants will perform this week. It's going to be very interesting to watch them move out of their comfort zones.

Edited by keep-smiling - 22 December 2011 at 11:15am

sabatahirhamzanuha

keep-smiling IF-Dazzler
keep-smiling
keep-smiling

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Hey, does this means that Shazia is first finalist...???Ermm

Edited by keep-smiling - 22 December 2011 at 11:13am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sabatahirsamruthahamzanuha

Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Alka.Nice of u to share yr exp with us.You are lucky.How did u get selected for the shoot and visit?
keep-smiling IF-Dazzler
keep-smiling
keep-smiling

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Alka is a chef, born and brought up in a small town in Mumbai-India. she has done bachelors degree in Microbiology... after marriage she started blogging and sharing her recipes n experiences online... i read this from her blog.. liked it.. n shared it here wid other MCI viewers...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chits1

Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by keep-smiling

Alka is a chef, born and brought up in a small town in Mumbai-India. she has done bachelors degree in Microbiology... after marriage she started blogging and sharing her recipes n experiences online... i read this from her blog.. liked it.. n shared it here wid other MCI viewers...

very kind of you.thanks a lot.
keep-smiling IF-Dazzler
keep-smiling
keep-smiling

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged

I am excited to meet Chef Sanjeev Kapoor

Hi friends! I am so happy to be among in the top five contestants of MasterChef India 2. This week is going to be very exciting since we will be meeting Chef Sanjeev Kapoor in the MasterChef kitchen. He is after all the Indian culinary king.

STARONE.IN
shipra khannaStanding on the same platform as Chef Sanjeev is like a dream come true for me. I can't thank MasterChef enough because if it were not for this show, I could never have imagined meeting such great personalities. Speaking of Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, he is a personality who has introduced the world to Indian food. I still remember running from my room as a child when I used to hear the music of his show play on television.

I wonder what challenge Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has for us this week. We have only been told that we have to replicate his dish, which in itself sounds like a very scary thing to do. Imagine imitating 'The Chef Sanjeev Kapoor'! You know even if it is something simple, given that it will involve Chef Sanjeev, I am sure there will be difficult techniques.

You know friends I have been through so much in life that just getting to this stage in MasterChef India 2 is like victory to me. I was so happy after my parents had come to the MasterChef kitchen, and the judges called me a 'tigress'. I hope I don't disappoint them in the upcoming challenge. I truly believe that if you are satisfied with your food, then you are a winner in your own right, don't you think so?

I am really nervous after the double-elimination last week. Do continue giving me your love and support

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sabatahirsamruthahamzanuha

keep-smiling IF-Dazzler
keep-smiling
keep-smiling

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged

Namastey dosto! Time flies really quickly. I can't believe that we already have our top five MasterChef India 2 contestants. The contestants have been through a lot in the past few weeks, and the pressure is only mounting. This week, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor arrives to the MasterChef kitchen with his signature dish as a task for the contestants.

STARONE.IN

Kunal KapoorChef Sanjeev Kapoor is definitely one of the biggest names in the Indian food industry. It is amazing to see that in real life too, he is exactly what he is on TV. He is a very warm and generous person. The wealth of knowledge he has is huge and it will be very inspirational to have him in the kitchen.

The upcoming challenge is a cook off between Chef Sanjeev and the contestants. It's going to very tough for them to keep up to his pace and proficiency. The best part about him is that though he is filled with new ideas, he still has this hunger to learn new things. As a chef, he knows how things work in the food industry.

All of you must have seen by now that being a chef is not at all easy. With new techniques arising in the culinary world, it is very important to stay updated. Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has done that really well. He is beyond a chef and has set a business trend that not many can achieve. His creativity and expertise as a chef have catapulted him in a premium league of cooks in the world.

I wonder who among our top five - Shipra, Shazia, Joseph, Rajendra and Vijaylakshmi will impress him the most!

sabatahirhamzanuha

Go to top