Cook- off with Sanjeev Kapoor on sets of MCI 2

keep-smiling thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Press Conference regarding the Masterchef India show where Sanjeev Kapoor had a cook off with the contestants for the Press.

When dreams turn into reality, how does it feels? Surreal'absolutely Surreal!
When I started Food blogging, I was inspired (And I bet thousands of you, are) by The Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. His Cookery show on Sunday was the most awaited show to be aired on Satellite Tv. I used to dream of meeting him someday, to watch him cook in real, to taste the food that he cooked, to ask him the tips, to hear him, to talk to him'putting it simply, I was obsessed ! But the reality always hit hard and brushing asides the dreams, I used to head over to my kitchen, to cook the daily meal. Little did I knew, then, that destiny was planning something else for me

So when yesterday, Swati Sharma from StarPlus, sent me an Invitation to visit and experience a prelude to 'Cook-Off with Sanjeev Kapoor' where the top five 'Zaykebaaz' of MasterChef India 2 will recreate a dish made by Sanjeev Kapoor, on sets of MC India 2, I was skeptical of the genuineness of the email. Some assurance by her that it was for real, and later on a totally unexpected Message from Chef Kunal Kapoor, confirming it (Silly me, I wrote him my doubts and the great guy that he is, he actually responded  'Thanks a ton sir !) I began a Dj Vu kind of journey towards RK studio ( Here is my previous experience on MC sets).

There were some people from print media, News channels etc, and as we were waiting for the proceedings to began, Chef Kunal Kapoor and Chef Vikas Khanna arrived. It was a pleasure meeting them again and interacting with them on one to one basis. These guys, I tell you, are so friendly; they make you feel so comfortable with their talks and jokes.

After we moved around the sets of MC India 2, both the chefs were ready to face questions from media. We were so engrossed in their talks, we didn't realized that it was time to welcome the Top Five Contestants or Zaykebaaz, viz; Rajendra, Joseph, Shipra, Vijaylakshmi and Shazia.

Edited by keep-smiling - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

keep-smiling thumbnail

There were two special guests too, Riddhi Dogra and Raqesh Vashisth of Maryada-Lekin Kab Tak fame who arrived along with the special Guest' The Chef Sanjeev Kapoor ! I WAS TONGUE-TIED!!!

The Chef SK, addressing us, replying to our queries, sharing laughs and preparing for a 'Cook Off challenge', chopping herbs, giving instructions of the 'Zaykebaaz', and in between, answering my silly questions
The cook off challenge (Please note, this is was not the actual cook off that will appear on TV this weekend) Quick snack of minced chicken, mixed with herbs and coated with soaked rice, steamed in a bamboo basket served with a fantastic dip of Fish sauce, honey, chilies, chives etc.
It was fun watching the Zaykebaz trying to match the skills and speed of SK. The Chefs took turns to taste the snacks one by one, commenting on the taste and textures. Finally we all got to taste what Chef Sanjeev kapoor and the top five contestants cooked'.. Simple, innovative, quick to fix and with balanced flavors, the Kebabs coated with rice, when steamed gave an amazing look to the snack..and of course the dip also looked and tasted fabulous.

The Porcupine-y Kebabs (going by the looks) cooked by SK..and yeah, I got to taste these..Yayyy (*evil grin*)

keep-smiling thumbnail

And amongst all this, do you know how much stressed out were the Masterchef judges ?? Take a look

Some more rounds of Sound bytes, Radio bytes, clicking pictures with Chefs and contestants, continued for a long time and what was remarkable, that all the four Chefs were happily answering queries, sharing tips and posing for the pictures. The whole atmosphere appeared as if there was a family function being held'people sitting in groups, chit chatting, laughing and giggling, the photographers (From Star Tv and many other news channels and also many from print media) busy with their cameras plotted on tripods, trying to capture everything worth its salt .

And guess who was was very happy to listen the funny and nostalgic stories of Chef Kunal ? Or grinning at the tips received on baking and cooking from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor while chatting with him ?..Of course, yours truly !!!

Witty Chef Kunal digging jokes at Chef Ajay

keep-smiling thumbnail

Shazia, being unwell, came in late

When Chefs were busy with media people, I got an excellent opportunity to have a hearty conversation with Rajendra Mane and Shazia. Their enthusiasm was infectious and their experiences, very inspiring! The atmosphere was so relaxed; it felt as we were chatting with friends. Talking about their past, their family, kids, their future plans, their dream projects etc, we didn't realized that it was already the time to bid goodbye to lovely team of Masterchef India 2, the Chef Judges, contestants, the RK studio..*sigh*
I was happy that I have lived yet another dream! Feeling contented and Blessed!...Alka

keep-smiling thumbnail

Sanjeev kapoor's blog...

Saturday and Sunday were really exciting days as I was judge at a cook-off with the contestants of Master Chef India. The shooting of the episodes was not only hectic but took two days to complete. Well, I am really looking forward to these episodes as the challenge before them is what it is supposed to be, a challenge with a capital "C"! Do watch out and enjoy!

keep-smiling thumbnail

In MasterChef India, food is not a priority: Sanjeev Kapoor

A year back in an interview with Sanjeev kapoor...

What is your take on the popular MasterChef series in India?
Food is second priority in MasterChef India, unlike the popular MasterChef Australia, where the focus is on food. A popular film star is hosting the India series, so it is bound to be focussed on entertainment.

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4668316

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks, really enjoyed reading it 🤗

keep-smiling thumbnail
my pleasure ðŸ˜Š ... now enjoy some videos of the event...
keep-smiling thumbnail
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor talking with Alka, before the challenge took off !
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XNZO2ErMmKs[/YOUTUBE]
keep-smiling thumbnail
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor kick starting the' Cook off challenge'. He cooked the Chicken flower dumplings, with amazing speed!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umn6FdzpkmQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]