i knew u were goin to win..

will miss this Contest a lot

n congrats to the others too 👏 👏 👏
Posted: 17 years ago
congrats maddy and the rest of the winner! way to go! 👏
congrats to all the winners. 👏 👏 👏

First of all, a big big Thank You to the IF team and its members for making this contest possible.

Let me first congratulate all the participants for having had played this game.

Congratulations to sangeetaa and rage797 for putting up such a great fight. A special thanks to snageetaa for sending me a question that I could hold back and answer at the last moment. (Sometimes, strategy helps.)

Thanks to the IF Development Team for conceiving this contest. Even with its interruptions, it was an excellent contest that almost turned me almost to an IF Addict. Although, most of the questions were OK, I had severe reservations on some. High school textbook questions on Midsummers Nights Dream (turned out to be Midsummers Night Mare for me) and solving mathematics equations were something I did not really appreciate in a quiz contest. Also there were quite a few questions that were either wrong or ambigious. I hope next time, there would be a group who would actually decide on which questions to put up. It appeared that many of the questions were just copy and paste from different quiz and trivia websites. No effort was put to ensure the validity of the correct answers.
Having said that, I would, nevertheless request the IF Development team to come up with more such great ideas of games.

A special thanks to our moderator priya.nair for having had finding some time to personally encourage me to carry on with the game when I started leading. Thanks a lot priya - I needed it to get along with the game at a time when I was thinking of quitting.

Thanks to vijay for answering my questions sent to him without getting splashed most of the time.

A big thanks to my rocking friends circle of Sakshi (aries_sakshi), my forum Queen Madhu (infiniteattract), Nilanjan or Jats (Jatayu), Diksha (diksha_16) and Mini (mink). Saks, thanks for encouraging me all the way, even when you were not online. Madhu, my dear Queen, thanks for calling me up regularly and pushing me to carry on with the game. Nilanjan, thanks for helping me to keep my nerves cool. Diksha, you rarely come to the forum, but your APD has done it. Mini, I know you are tied up with personal chores, but your Kabuliwallh has lived up to your expectations.

This contest would not have had been possible without the help from the Balloon Gang who had actively participated in a thread to discuss the answers to the different questions. I think if anyone visits this thread

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/238147https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/238147

will find answers to almost each and every questions that were put up in the contest. A special thanks to the Queen of this thread Kruti (krutilynn) for making this possible. Kruti, you are a wizard with your mathematics and an awful resource in finding the right answers to the different questions. And although, you were not seriously participating in the contest, your continuos presence in the thread helping us all finding the right answers helped us immensely.
Many thanks to my newly found buddies out here - jaysp, pams309, jasunap, mudabid, jasunap, princess belle, delilah, bystander, mushkan2003 and many more out there. Jaysp, thanks for everything - I feel really good to find someone who shares the Valentines Day as her birthday along with me. pams, mudabid and princess belle, thanks for giving me company almost around the clock on this thread. It was just not finding answers to questions, but we shared many more thoughts starting from cricket to facts of life.

To all my buddies of the FG section - thank you for encouraging me and pushing me along the contest. Thanks for helping me find the answers, answering the questions sent to you quickly (sometimes wrong 😊 ) so that I could recycle the balloons, and for sending balloons to all who were just behind me in the contest. Thanks Ramani for everything. 😊 😊
Thank you Kavitha, Sameer, Shohan, Tasu aka LPT, Archie, Anita, lucky_rose, Ahmed, Ananya (ripsi), sweet_sweety. I don't know if I have missed anyone. A special thanks to Seema (dolly) for tirelessly pegging me with PMs to find answers to questions related to The Midsummers Night Mare. And Jats, you cracked me up with that siggy on the day before I won the contest "Don't chuck ballons at me - am not playing. Send all your balloons to sangeetaa". 😆

As far as I can tell, this contest involved a few things.

1. Ability to answer the questions sent to you correctly and quickly. The more mistakes you make, your count keeps increasing. Also if you don't answer quickly, there is a possiblity of the questions being reclaimed adding to your count. That made me sit almost 24 hours everyday to ensure that the pending questions were promptly answered. I think it would either be me or mudabid with the maximum number of correct answers.

2. Friends who would help you find the right answers. That is where our great balloon club helped.

2. Reclaiming and sending balloons to people who are playing or most likely to answer. And hoping that some of them will answer wrong. 😊 😊

3. And towards the end of the game, some friends in the forum who are willing to answer your questions promptly, and thereby keep your balloons on the move.

4. The same friends who would religiously send balloons to people who were close behind you.

I am fortunate that I had the judicious combination of all.

Lastly, I am still curious to know the answer to one particular question.
In which Mrinal Sen's movie there was a shot of Satyajit Ray behind the camera? Moderators, or anyone with the correct answer, please PM it to me.

Thank you all. Looking forward to many more such contests and games.
congratzz to all winners!!! 👏 👏 👏

it was fun playing such an exciting game! looking forward to another such exciting one! 😃
Originally posted by Ms.Sri

Congratulations Mad_cap.Very happy for u 👏

thank you.
[quote=mad_cap]First of all, a big big Thank You to the IF team and its members for making this contest possible.

Let me first congratulate all the participants for having had played this game.

Congratulations to sangeetaa and rage797 for putting up such a great fight. A special thanks to snageetaa for sending me a question that I could hold back and answer at the last moment. (Sometimes, strategy helps.)

Thanks to the IF Development Team for conceiving this contest. Even with its interruptions, it was an excellent contest that almost turned me almost to an IF Addict. Although, most of the questions were OK, I had severe reservations on some. High school textbook questions on Midsummers Nights Dream (turned out to be Midsummers Night Mare for me) and solving mathematics equations were something I did not really appreciate in a quiz contest. Also there were quite a few questions that were either wrong or ambigious. I hope next time, there would be a group who would actually decide on which questions to put up. It appeared that many of the questions were just copy and paste from different quiz and trivia websites. No effort was put to ensure the validity of the correct answers.
Having said that, I would, nevertheless request the IF Development team to come up with more such great ideas of games.

A special thanks to our moderator priya.nair for having had finding some time to personally encourage me to carry on with the game when I started leading. Thanks a lot priya - I needed it to get along with the game at a time when I was thinking of quitting.

Thanks to vijay for answering my questions sent to him without getting splashed most of the time.

A big thanks to my rocking friends circle of Sakshi (aries_sakshi), my forum Queen Madhu (infiniteattract), Nilanjan or Jats (Jatayu), Diksha (diksha_16) and Mini (mink). Saks, thanks for encouraging me all the way, even when you were not online. Madhu, my dear Queen, thanks for calling me up regularly and pushing me to carry on with the game. Nilanjan, thanks for helping me to keep my nerves cool. Diksha, you rarely come to the forum, but your APD has done it. Mini, I know you are tied up with personal chores, but your Kabuliwallh has lived up to your expectations.

This contest would not have had been possible without the help from the Balloon Gang who had actively participated in a thread to discuss the answers to the different questions. I think if anyone visits this thread

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=238147http:/ /www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=238147

will find answers to almost each and every questions that were put up in the contest. A special thanks to the Queen of this thread Kruti (krutilynn) for making this possible. Kruti, you are a wizard with your mathematics and an awful resource in finding the right answers to the different questions. And although, you were not seriously participating in the contest, your continuos presence in the thread helping us all finding the right answers helped us immensely.
Many thanks to my newly found buddies out here - jaysp, pams309, jasunap, mudabid, jasunap, princess belle, delilah, bystander, mushkan2003 and many more out there. Jaysp, thanks for everything - I feel really good to find someone who shares the Valentines Day as her birthday along with me. pams, mudabid and princess belle, thanks for giving me company almost around the clock on this thread. It was just not finding answers to questions, but we shared many more thoughts starting from cricket to facts of life.

To all my buddies of the FG section - thank you for encouraging me and pushing me along the contest. Thanks for helping me find the answers, answering the questions sent to you quickly (sometimes wrong ) so that I could recycle the balloons, and for sending balloons to all who were just behind me in the contest. Thanks Ramani for everything.   
Thank you Kavitha, Sameer, Shohan, Tasu aka LPT, Archie, Anita, lucky_rose, Ahmed, Ananya (ripsi), sweet_sweety. I don't know if I have missed anyone. A special thanks to Seema (dolly) for tirelessly pegging me with PMs to find answers to questions related to The Midsummers Night Mare. And Jats, you cracked me up with that siggy on the day before I won the contest "Don't chuck ballons at me - am not playing. Send all your balloons to sangeetaa".

As far as I can tell, this contest involved a few things.

1. Ability to answer the questions sent to you correctly and quickly. The more mistakes you make, your count keeps increasing. Also if you don't answer quickly, there is a possiblity of the questions being reclaimed adding to your count. That made me sit almost 24 hours everyday to ensure that the pending questions were promptly answered. I think it would either be me or mudabid with the maximum number of correct answers.

2. Friends who would help you find the right answers. That is where our great balloon club helped.

2. Reclaiming and sending balloons to people who are playing or most likely to answer. And hoping that some of them will answer wrong.   

3. And towards the end of the game, some friends in the forum who are willing to answer your questions promptly, and thereby keep your balloons on the move.

4. The same friends who would religiously send balloons to people who were close behind you.

I am fortunate that I had the judicious combination of all.

Lastly, I am still curious to know the answer to one particular question.
In which Mrinal Sen's movie there was a shot of Satyajit Ray behind the camera? Moderators, or anyone with the correct answer, please PM it to me.

Thank you all. Looking forward to many more such contests and games.

[/quote]

👏 👏 thats a gr8 speech!!
thanks maddy for putting 3-5 lines on me. i dint helped u much then also u didn't 4get to mention my name. Thanks a lot! 😊
u deserves to b the winner... 👏