Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Old habits die hard.. - Page 3

serialmad thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
lovely and utterly sensible post. The most of them not actually working/studying cracked me up.
I totally agreed with swamini bua. It is absolutely irritating to be interrupted again and again. She was irritated the first time, but, let it go. It's when it happened a couple of times more that she was exasperated. And i don't blame her at all.
Jeevika - don't want to come down hard on her. But her expressions are all wrong. Sometimes I feel she is terrified of Viren (who in their right minds would be?). At least she gives that impression. Not that she is shy or coy, but that she is terrified! KD hasn't nailed Jeevika yet. She is also coming across as totally callous. And then on the other hand you have KT, who has absolutely understood Viren and gone to town with it, just like dedfootia Maanvi, who is fab. Virat has needed some work, but is very believable in what he does. So he melds with the story. KD being the main lead, deffo needs to improve big time in her voice modulation as well, but mainly control of her expressions would work wonders.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hawa-Hawaii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
really busy today...still managed to read ur post ... lol

my quick and short comments...i completely agree...with the samll bloopers the show is hving...with manvi doin all the household chores...and the wrong orientation time of Swamin...lol..and all the rest of thm...!!

Shirtless tacker was a treat...but i mentioned this on fb as well...kambakht towel beech mein aagaya...!!!!

Well virat's mockery od dadaji's rules is alwasy interesting...!!!

and the lst sceen...haye KT and KD...are absolutely killer..their luks and the huskiness in his voice...woah...!!!!

rev4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Good post Sonali. Same thoughts have been bothering me all this while as well. I notice that Virat is mostly at home and always on his laptop. I agree that he has a dark & painful past but seriously dude, how can you surf the net all the time except during the wedding preparation time when they show him helping out. It is also seems like he is locked at home most of the time.  They actually never show how what Choudrary family does for living except for Jeevika. I mean what does Chacha do for living, is Dabbu still studying, has Manvi completed her studies? I recall that Viren suggested to Jeevika that Manvi can choose to do fashion designing or work, so does this mean she has completed college or high school.

I really like the way the layers of Viren is being shown in the show. His strong personality is slowly being revealed. How he politely told his wife that he is tends to his own stuff and rejects the shirt she choose for him. LOL, I was like orange shirt??? Come on gal, your husband is going for client meeting and you give him orange shirt. Viren's outfits are pretty casual; he said he is attending a client meeting then to court but he was in green shirt & jeans. I thought you need to be in formal black & white attire or at least a bit more formal just to suit his professional.

Swamini sends out almost negative vibes whenever Manvi's name or her presence is concerned. I really wonder how she would react if she knew that Jeevika was in the verge of walking out of the wedding when she knew Manvi was not allowed to attend the wedding.  Will she ever come to know and will her impression on Jeevika change?

aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
🤣 That's a very valid question. WHAT do these females in every damn show do except sitting at home? They're never studying, they're never working. Just waiting to get married? 🤣 Cause even the discussions they have in serials are about the kind of husband they want, and how a rajkumar will come to sweep them off their feet. 🤣 Whatte life! 🤣 And ironically, they then get married to the richest men around. 🤣

People found swamini's behaviour wrong? 😕 Rofl, I thought she was totally justified at getting pissed off. Come on, Jeevika knows how Swamini is, and she picked up that phone WHILE Swamini was talking. That was so incourteous. The second time the phone rings, and she again picks it up. Atleast then she could've put it on silent or told Manvi to call back later. And it rings AGAIN, the third time. I know I'd be pissed if somebody I'm talking to behaves this way.

And it was weird of Manvi to call her every second. She needs to speak to her fine, but not just any random moment of the day. Even if it was to ask for the recipe, she could've asked her at once, rather than calling her at each step. So definitely time for Manvi to realise that Jeevika can't be with her 24*7 cause she has her own house to look after now. And why couldn't Beeji help her? Rofl, all of them are just sitting on the sofa anyway. 🤣Even after Jeevika tells her she's busy, she calls straight on the landline. 🤣 That did not make any sense to me.

Agree on everything else.
My fave was dabboo kneading the atta and saying "aapki wajah se main ladki ban jaoonga." 🤣
Edited by aa123.80 - 12 years ago
reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i knw...i iknw...me too late!! but just saw d epi now...colege projs. r keeping me busy😔

after seeing the epi, my first major point is...all of viren's sardi-zukaam gone in one night??? so much so that the chap was happily bathing in thande-thande paani😆 😆  hmmm...jeevika's 3 sincere "god bless u" must hav done the wonder😉

overall, an okay epi. 
we all knew that was coming frm swamini bua...thanks to the same precap since 4 days. but what really bugged me was jeevika's reaction😲  like seriously that woman is talking sum imp stuff...at least excuse her before picking the call😕  it's called manners...u can't leave any conversation midway like dat...expected better frm her. but then again, this just shows the effect mannu has on jeevika😛

really cracked up on when she was chillaoing manvi, manvi, manvi...seemed like an army inspection🤣  but pretty please tell me wat ws virat doing in between the ladies???😆

mannu-jeevi talk was nice...liked how li'l sis was giving love tips to her boring di😆  and humaari bholi-bhali jeevika also followed her love guru's tips🤣 🤣  
having seen KT's previous shows, i was not surprised to his perfectly toned body😳  again cracked up when viren wanted to change clothes and he asked jeevika "aap yahi khadi rahengi?"🤣  the man must be wishing...kaash haan bol de😆 😆
reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aa123.80

🤣 That's a very valid question. WHAT do these females in every damn show do except sitting at home? They're never studying, they're never working. Just waiting to get married? 🤣 Cause even the discussions they have in serials are about the kind of husband they want, and how a rajkumar will come to sweep them off their feet. 🤣 Whatte life! 🤣 And ironically, they then get married to the richest men around. 🤣

so darn agree!!!  even jeevi-mannu childhood flashbacks were all about "ek rajkumar ayega and mujhe leke chala jaega" 🤣  so if u see...in a way, they hav been talking abt this since 15-20 yrs now...still they r nt prepared for the situation😆

People found swamini's behaviour wrong? 😕 Rofl, I thought she was totally justified at getting pissed off. Come on, Jeevika knows how Swamini is, and she picked up that phone WHILE Swamini was talking. That wasn't even courteous of Jeevika. The second time the phone rings, and she again picks it up. Atleast then she could've put it on silent or told Manvi to call back later. And it rings AGAIN, the third time. I know I'd be pissed if somebody I'm talking to behaves this way. 
already hav rambled abt jeevika's completely rude n foolish behaviour in my post!!! 😆 

And it was weird of Manvi to call her every second. She needs to speak to her fine, but not just any random moment of the day. Even if it was to ask for the recipe, she could've asked her at once, rather than calling her at each step. So definitely time for Manvi to realise that Jeevika can't be with her 24*7 cause she has her own house to look after now. And why couldn't Beeji help her? Rofl, all of them are just sitting on the sofa anyway. 🤣Even after Jeevika tells her she's busy, she calls straight on the landline. 🤣 That did not make any sense to me. 
don't let me start on that 😡
i adore maanvi...but  just can't understand her "i can give my khoon for my sister" attitude😕  i hav an elder brother n 5 sisters as cousin...love all of them...need to call/chat at least once a day...but still we do that only after finishing our respective work. 

Agree on everything else.
My fave was dabboo kneading the atta and saying "aapki wajah se main ladki ban jaoonga." 🤣
dabbo is a sweetheart😳  i sumtyms feel bad for the chap. he loves his sisters dearly...goes out of the line to protect them...even argues with her beloved mother (u knw wen wadera bros had cum to see jeevika)  but somewhere gets lost in the ocean of sisterly love😆

Edited by reshamc - 12 years ago
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ek RES toh banta hain Boss 😆
I will be back after my coffee and breakfast 😃
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: serialmad

lovely and utterly sensible post. The most of them not actually working/studying cracked me up.
I totally agreed with swamini bua. It is absolutely irritating to be interrupted again and again. She was irritated the first time, but, let it go. It's when it happened a couple of times more that she was exasperated. And i don't blame her at all.
Jeevika - don't want to come down hard on her. But her expressions are all wrong. Sometimes I feel she is terrified of Viren (who in their right minds would be?). At least she gives that impression. Not that she is shy or coy, but that she is terrified! KD hasn't nailed Jeevika yet. She is also coming across as totally callous. And then on the other hand you have KT, who has absolutely understood Viren and gone to town with it, just like dedfootia Maanvi, who is fab. Virat has needed some work, but is very believable in what he does. So he melds with the story. KD being the main lead, deffo needs to improve big time in her voice modulation as well, but mainly control of her expressions would work wonders.

thanks for liking the post.. well vellagiri is the second name for most ppl on this show.. 😆 like seriously dont they find 24 hrs way too long to spend without doing anything..😆 swamini does have a low threshold and takes herself seriously.. but in this scenario i was picturing even my mom flip her lid if she were talking to me and i attend a call and start yapping cutting her off.. basic manners say u first excuse yerself..and this isnt even her mom dude.. 😆 this is swamini.. she wld be extra careful wid her u wld think.. 

as for Jeevika and KD.. I agree Viren and what KT is doing to him is really wonderful.. he is giving dimensions to a straight fwd character on paper.. Jeevika on the other hand is sorta not well defined on paper itself IMO.. or is too SPish idk😆 i wont generalize KDs lack of grasp on it.. she is pretty good in places.. i think in this whole coy act she is rather unconvinced and finds it unbelievable to react the way she is expected to and it shows.. even in that there are places she does get it right.. her comic timing is not tht bad.. the bathroom door suniye ji act was laughable..😆 but yeah if Jeevika is going to be a focus the creatives need to give her more definition and polish in characterization and not leave it sketchy and ambiguous 
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sonali.19281

Sonali, love your posts - funny & thought-provoking at the same time

Finally watched the epi that expectedly awakened this otherwise dry on discussion forum.. loads of perspectives, uproars and speculations kept aside.. the episode for me was a classic case of old habits die hard.. but before i go on my tangent.. I have a rationale doubt.. I had asked Ashu this a while back when I was catching up on the show.. what does Virat do for living? I guess that's why Dadaji is always on his case 😆 today I had a similar question.. not that m bipolar or slow.. but really What does Manvi do in life? Like do.. 😆 I had presumed if jeevika was a teacher and Manvi 3 yrs younger she shld be in college.. but there is no mention of it.. forget that the young girl wakes up on time to make lunch.. whats her vocation.. In one of the very first couple of episodes, I think they'd showed Maanvi with books in hand (when she & the chillar gang mess up a teacher's car)

Ok so coming to the epi.. like I said old habits die hard.. Manvi needing an excuse to call Jeevika.. recipe today.. something else tomorrow.. 😆 another thing that struck me as odd is early morning before the men leave for work.. all women are mostly busy in tending to their needs.. whether its husbands or children we have grown up seeing our moms occupied in our morning requisites to even think of anything else.. so Swamini's orientation tour was ill timed as was Manvi's call..You forget this is the family where even the Diwali fireworks are done by the servants, so Swamini doesn't have to even lift her pudgy lil finger

this whole scenario emanated due to bad timing.. and the damage done more so by Jeevika.. she got so excited that she picked up the call while Swamini was speaking and hadnt finished her sentence.. bad manners.. I know if I had struck a convo with a friend while my folks were on something imp with me.. I'll get it royally😆 in Js defense she excused herself eventually.. but Swamini had found her pet peeve by then.. and that woman doesnt need one after the mention of Manu😆 her tantrum throwing with the 3 in attention position was howlarious.. completely reminded me of the hum angrezo ke zamane ke jailor hain😆 I was ROFL while reading this 🤣

in her defense tho no matter how seriously she takes herself.. she doesnt lack proportion.. even at her angriest.. she wasnt rude per se to Jeevika.. but she did huff n puff and leave so much so that she forgot her dahi routine with Viren... interesting..😉 

speaking of the devil...😆 pray tell me how do you ignore a devil that wears prada.. I mean.. how exactly was Jeevika so awkward and unmoved after  a peek of that well sculpted body.. ok hormones aside.. a thing of beauty is a joy forever.. ROFL so on those grounds I wld be elated to have hit jackpot.. a husband who is extremely low maintenance.. ready to pamper me.. a LAWYER.. with a toned body and rather decent looks.. the woman needs to get some reality check.. and not run away everytime here..😆 esp from a man who is so freaking independent.. trust me thats an oxymoron right there.. very few of those species are trained well enough to fend for themselves.. Well said 👏

Virat's dig at rule no 48 from dadaji was funny..😆 so was our naughty lover boy.. who teased his wife at the physical proximity just to see that look on her face.. i knew he had no intention to kiss her in the middle of the living room... when he could hardly achieve much in the private confines.. but in that scene.. esp the eye shots of both.. KT excelled.. his eyes gave away the extreme fondness.. and affection that has the ability to melt glaciers..But then KT has already done 2 such roles & therefore is quite adept at it 😉 KD looked really nice in green and in spite of her eyes being one of her best asset.. I found the expressions wanting.. either they are just too confusing or less relatable.. I cant handle baseless coyness after a while.. a little mischief is everyone's right.. But then she's come from a family full of women with only a chacha (poor Dabbu is called the 3rd sis 😆) so obviously she'll be painfully shy...despite being a working woman

cant end before I added the last old habits die hard case in point.. Dabbu being bullied into the kitchen by Manu😆. poor guy I feel for him.. just how obedient is he.. everytime Manu has to do some chore Dabbu is by default her help..then again please explain why all the women at Hrishikesh decide to sit and twiddle fingers and not even help supervise.. esp Beeji.. again I get back to if Jeevika was working.. does that mean she had to wake up super early to make everyone's lunch before heading to work.. woahhh.. I think she has less work and more pleasure (pun intended) at Chandigarh as of now😆

that should be it for the ramble of the day.. the field is all yours now

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: tara_211

really busy today...still managed to read ur post ... lol

my quick and short comments...i completely agree...with the samll bloopers the show is hving...with manvi doin all the household chores...and the wrong orientation time of Swamin...lol..and all the rest of thm...!!

Shirtless tacker was a treat...but i mentioned this on fb as well...kambakht towel beech mein aagaya...!!!!

Well virat's mockery od dadaji's rules is alwasy interesting...!!!

and the lst sceen...haye KT and KD...are absolutely killer..their luks and the huskiness in his voice...woah...!!!!

oh glad you managed to find some time.. take some tips from the chaudhury's and waderas🤣 time is apparently a luxury for them.. lmao shirtless tacker did throw me off.. I have never obv seen him b4.. and his sculpted body made me wonder if i had not expected it.. idk never thought about how well worked out he wld be..😆 but me being me.. first thing that came to my mind was work of art on the core wonder what he does.. for such a fab core..🤣 lik regime wise thats my new focus - strengthening the core.. but yup towel was a distraction.. but i guess viren aint no ranbir kapoor to use the tower more seductively..😆 albeit he was in a low waist jeans.. if tht dint scandalize our demure devi jeevika already🤣

yup the eye shots were nice.. both of them have nice eyes esp KD but the exp on KT just the eyes bit was awesome.. guy emotes well.. and oh yeah the huskiness is just cherry on the cake..