India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Pingalwara

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
I thought about sharing this with all of you.

Pingalwara is a place where they take in the homeless, individuals who are sick, disabled, forlorn, suffering and deserted by mankind. There are old people and new born babies no one wants to look after. There are disabled who are not admitted into any of the hospitals and are left to die on the roadside. There are diseased persons no one wants to touch. These are wives who have been tortured by their in-laws.
It was Bhagat Puran Singh who started all this. He believed in education and therefore anyone who goes to the pingalwara is educated. Bhagat Puran Singh had passed away in 199, but there are people who still take care of the pingalwara and have devoted their entire life to it. It is a free of charge place which runs on donations.

For more information or ways of donating money you guyz can check out their website.
i don't no if i'm allowed to post it up here

I wanted to post pictures up, but i don't have the upload image icon from my pc on my message tool bar. Confused

Edited by shahidlover24 - 03 April 2005 at 1:01pm

samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharin
*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by shahidlover24

I thought about sharing this with all of you.

Pingalwara is a place where they take in the homeless, individuals who are sick, disabled, forlorn, suffering and deserted by mankind. There are old people and new born babies no one wants to look after. There are disabled who are not admitted into any of the hospitals and are left to die on the roadside. There are diseased persons no one wants to touch. These are wives who have been tortured by their in-laws.
It was Bhagat Puran Singh who started all this. He believed in education and therefore anyone who goes to the pingalwara is educated. Bhagat Puran Singh had passed away in 199, but there are people who still take care of the pingalwara and have devoted their entire life to it. It is a free of charge place which runs on donations.

For more information or ways of donationing money you guyz can check out their website.
i don't no if i'm allowed to post it up here

hey preeti,

if ur not allowed to post it could u pm it to me please...also which year did bhagat puran singh ji pass away...u didnt complete it.

thanx

jasleen

shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
oops......he passed away in 1992 Embarrassed
*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by shahidlover24

oops......he passed away in 1992 Embarrassed

thanx!

shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
i got a couple of pictures to work.

thats bhagat puran singh with a patient

a mentally disabled lady

Edited by shahidlover24 - 03 April 2005 at 1:08pm
*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

thank you for sharing this info!

I really wanted to know more about it, but didnt know where to look.

Thanx preeti!Big smile

Cute_Angel Groupbie
Cute_Angel
Cute_Angel

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

That's such a noble thing.

Its a shame that barely anybody showed any interest in thisDead

Go to top