Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Shwets, πŸ€—
Just went through your post and all the other great replies here ... loved reading them all!
Agree with you about La and how her character evolved through the last few months. She started off as a self-absorbed self-centred bimbo, and for the longest time, we all questioned whether she actually loved ASR at all, or was just in love with the idea of being his arm candy and the next Mrs. Raizada. In this I include the traits you mentioned about her putting up with the worst of ASR's behaviour actually ... did she put up with him because she loved him, because she hadn't seen him behave any differently with her ever, or because it simply didn't matter to her enough as compared to the other perks of being his better half? Sorry to sound a little cynical here!  But I do agree that learning to adjust with Nani and the rest of the family was more selfless on her part, especially as ASR specifically told her that it didn't really matter to him whether she did or not.

Definitely her better traits were brought to the surface by Khushi, and I'm glad she thanked Khushi for this ... she evolved into a much nicer human being, sensitive to other people and their feelings, and a genuinely sweet person. I think her unlikely friendship with Khushi, a girl whom she thought of as so much beneath her initially, was one of the sweetest relationships in the show. And I really applaud the CV's for her exit ... she went gracefully and with dignity, she opened her eyes ... although very late, and she kept the dignity of her and Arnav's relationship intact too, by keeping it between the two of them alone, AND by maintaining her ties with his family, because they had all been nothing but nice with her. And ilike you, I hope this is maintained, and if she does come back, it is as Khushi's or Arnav's friend and support, and not a vamp.

I don't think Arnav is ready to tell anyone about the real reason for the breakup ... he did not even tell La ... and she is the most nearly affected ... I think he has still to figure out things completely for himself yet. All he knows is that he took the wrong route, and luckily for him, has been allowed to retrace ... he got off very easily, I agree completely with Ratna on this ... La saw the writing on the wall herself and didn't even ask him any awkward questions. Any girl would be entitled to feel very used by the way he treated her for so many months. But I felt bad for the guy with his family ... no one really understands him, or even tries ... they have got so used to the autocratic ASR, that they fail to see the emerging Arnav. Ironically, the person who understands him the most right now is the girl he has just dumped ... La.

Arnav-Khushi - too many hurdles still face them ... they have to learn the ABC of communication yet ... Arnav is trying to reach out, Khushi is now the one in denial ... and she will not accept her feelings easily, because of a) Diwali, and b) Shyam ... and c) La ... not easy for Khushi to accept she has feelings for her best friend's ex! Not so soon anyway!

@Opti ... lovely post ... agree with you as to why La didn't spell things out for Khushi ... but Khushi does know what she feels, she has just buried it very very deep inside her after Diwali, and also because of La and is refusing to face it at all. And I agree completely that La is better off without Arnav, because she is not the old La, she now understands emotions, family feeling, love .. and marriage with Arnav would be a huge compromise for her now. She deserves better than a man who is in love with another woman. As she said - nobody's fault, some things are just not meant to be.

And Sana rocked the episode today! Loved the La-Khushi scene ... it was beautiful ... such a stunning mix of emotions, simply fab!

Just one point, as some people mentioned this, Khushi is moonphat only with ASR ... when she had to talk to La, she took her aside to a private room to speak ... it's only with ASR that she lets herself go completely. Maybe because she feels that same sense of possessiveness and belonging that he does too? I agree though that she needs to turn that down and some more maturity really needs to evolve there.

Sana will be missed! Great post, Shwets!
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: DiyaS

Shwets, πŸ€—
Just went through your post and all the other great replies here ... loved reading them all!
Agree with you about La and how her character evolved through the last few months. She started off as a self-absorbed self-centred bimbo, and for the longest time, we all questioned whether she actually loved ASR at all, or was just in love with the idea of being his arm candy and the next Mrs. Raizada. In this I include the traits you mentioned about her putting up with the worst of ASR's behaviour actually ... did she put up with him because she loved him, because she hadn't seen him behave any differently with her ever, or because it simply didn't matter to her enough as compared to the other perks of being his better half? Sorry to sound a little cynical here!  But I do agree that learning to adjust with Nani and the rest of the family was more selfless on her part, especially as ASR specifically told her that it didn't really matter to him whether she did or not.

Definitely her better traits were brought to the surface by Khushi, and I'm glad she thanked Khushi for this ... she evolved into a much nicer human being, sensitive to other people and their feelings, and a genuinely sweet person. I think her unlikely friendship with Khushi, a girl whom she thought of as so much beneath her initially, was one of the sweetest relationships in the show. And I really applaud the CV's for her exit ... she went gracefully and with dignity, she opened her eyes ... although very late, and she kept the dignity of her and Arnav's relationship intact too, by keeping it between the two of them alone, AND by maintaining her ties with his family, because they had all been nothing but nice with her. And ilike you, I hope this is maintained, and if she does come back, it is as Khushi's or Arnav's friend and support, and not a vamp.

I don't think Arnav is ready to tell anyone about the real reason for the breakup ... he did not even tell La ... and she is the most nearly affected ... I think he has still to figure out things completely for himself yet. All he knows is that he took the wrong route, and luckily for him, has been allowed to retrace ... he got off very easily, I agree completely with Ratna on this ... La saw the writing on the wall herself and didn't even ask him any awkward questions. Any girl would be entitled to feel very used by the way he treated her for so many months. But I felt bad for the guy with his family ... no one really understands him, or even tries ... they have got so used to the autocratic ASR, that they fail to see the emerging Arnav. Ironically, the person who understands him the most right now is the girl he has just dumped ... La.

Arnav-Khushi - too many hurdles still face them ... they have to learn the ABC of communication yet ... Arnav is trying to reach out, Khushi is now the one in denial ... and she will not accept her feelings easily, because of a) Diwali, and b) Shyam ... and c) La ... not easy for Khushi to accept she has feelings for her best friend's ex! Not so soon anyway!

And Sana rocked the episode today! Loved the La-Khushi scene ... it was beautiful ... such a stunning mix of emotions, simply fab!

Just one point, as some people mentioned this, Khushi is moonphat only with ASR ... when she had to talk to La, she took her aside to a private room to speak ... it's only with ASR that she lets herself go completely. Maybe because she feels that same sense of possessiveness and belonging that he does too? I agree though that she needs to turn that down and some more maturity really needs to evolve there.

Sana will be missed! Great post, Shwets!

HI Diya πŸ€—

Thanks, for reading and taking the time to post.

You're absolutely right...Khushi is a moonhphat with ASR only...and each time that has happened, he has listened to her in some way or the other - because, that is the only thing that works with him, and she is the only person who commands his attention unlike anyone else.
While I do think it is basic manners and etiquette to be polite and wait to speak in privacy, the situation here is somewhat different - no place for formal manners, Khushi feels she needs to take the bull by its horns, the faster the better!

What I liked most about today was La's dignified behavior and also, forgot to mention this, Arnav taking Khushi aside and patiently trying to talk to her and then listening to her without losing his temper!  A lot of positive change in his attitude towards her.

Loved La the most today...and I hope she remains a good person. NO Vampgiri in the future please!! 
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: LuvShuv

Great post.
Your message reminded me that the more LA become Khushiesque, the more ASR withdrew from LA. He even warned LA about being too influenced by The Chamkili. Ironies abound.

Why would he want the fake when he can have the real one! 

Jokes apart, no matter how much La moulded herself in Khushi's ways, she could never become another Khushi. Thank heavens for that for she has her own individuality which should not be lost even in her efforts to become a better human being.  Khushi has a spunk La never did.  She is fearless (or is good in overcoming her fears when she has to) and calls a spade a spade. She fights her own battles and does not complain to anyone.  La, who used to go wailing to ASR about his family or to his family about ASR has learnt not to complain.  She infact asked them not to find fault in ASR and accepted that it was a joint decision but she is still not much of a fighter.  Hope she gains more strength and comes out of this heart break soon to face the world.  Although Khushi's straightforwardness irritates and annoys ASR, he seems to secretly admire her for it. We always see him do what she wants him to do although he protests in the beginning. La also has noticed this, which is why she told her that only she can tell him what he does not want to hear.
sbk2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: aa123.80

Wonderful post Shwets! πŸ‘ Agree 100% with every word.

The dignity and maturity La showed is absolutely amazing. She knows ASR never loved her, and she also knows that he has feelings for Khushi. To be able to tell Khushi to take care of the man she loves must have been the most difficult thing to do, and required a great deal of courage. And you're bang on with the bit that she doesn't spell it out for Khushi, but leaves the hints that hopefully she will think about. She wishes the best for both Arnav and Khushi, even while leaving. She could've just kept quiet and left, but this was an extremely gracious thing to do.
She changed herself for Arnav, tolerated Nani's taunts and insults, and yes, it was all cause she loved Arnav. And it all went waste in the end, but the maturity this phase brought in her made her a better person. I agree that she should find somebody who loves her back and is equally devoted to her. It would've been natural to show some resentment from her side in the end, cause she lost a lot in this mess, but the CVs didn't and love them for that.
I'd love if they bring her back later on, as a friend who helps Khushi in difficult times.

The pool scene, same thoughts on that as well. Time their interactions evolved and tired of them constantly turning their backs on each other.

Ishi my Dear πŸ€—

I read your post first thing in the morning today..😊

Yes, I too would love if La remained positive. 
Frankly, I don't want her coming back! - the creatives usually do not bring back a character like hers without giving a negative spin...

But she's been an integral part of IPK for a long time, I won't be surprised if they do bring her back.

Thanks for posting Hun!πŸ˜ƒ
2Desi4Life thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: xsumi

gonaa miss u la
thnkss for being part of ipkknd
u were amazing
xxx

I feel the same!
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: DiyaS

@Opti ... lovely post ... agree with you as to why La didn't spell things out for Khushi ... but Khushi does know what she feels, she has just buried it very very deep inside her after Diwali, and also because of La and is refusing to face it at all. And I agree completely that La is better off without Arnav, because she is not the old La, she now understands emotions, family feeling, love .. and marriage with Arnav would be a huge compromise for her now. She deserves better than a man who is in love with another woman. As she said - nobody's fault, some things are just not meant to be. 

Yes, Khushi seems to be oblivious to her feelings right now because she is  submerged in far greater problems in life. She has not had time to let all the various things which had happened in the last couple of days sink in.  Even if her feelings resurface, she'll have a hard time accepting them.  These two will have to slowly work their way towards each other without making any conscious efforts. 

Yes, Khushi is more forthright with Arnav than she is with anyone else. Even when she found out about Shyam her reaction was much more tempered.  If Arnav were to do something like this she would have done much more than a slap. She seems to be much more stringent and demanding  of him because she cares deeply for him. She wants him to be a better person. She cannot stand to see him fall in the eyes of the world. She could pull him up in private rather than make a public display but I guess she does not even realise that they are in the middle of a crowd.  Just as when Khushi is around, she becomes the focus of Arnav's attention, when Arnav is around he is the only focus of her attention. So when she thinks he is slipping, she feels the urge to haul him up then and there.  

Sana will be missed!

Yes, I sure will miss her.  I always found her more pretty than Khushi, with her cute dimples and her childish drawl.

scarletaura thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Well! The so-called air-head did a class act by leaving gracefully and even hinting to Khushi that if she wanted to she is samajdar enough to honestly delve into her real feelings..

Khushi being oblivious is just not acceptable anymore.. it puts me off the whole show..

and I'll never forgive the CVs for the Tez-ered Dil.. "Taser" is good self defense option against low-lifes.. not a heart affliction (read as: STALK-HOME SYNDROME)

psst.. see I'm using your Psycho Babble.. a new for scar M.D.

Ms. Khushi, either you have depth.. and are honest and strong enough to confront your feelings or you stop giving lectures to others as to how they should confront theirs! 

I know you're Team Khushi.. so it gives me great joy to slam her in your post. 

Truly Therapeutic. 

Best couchwa session ever! ..and Great Post (Mortem)

sbk2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: scarletaura

Well! The so-called air-head did a class act by leaving gracefully and even hinting to Khushi that if she wanted to she is samajdar enough to honestly delve into her real feelings..

Khushi being oblivious is just not acceptable anymore.. it puts me off the whole show..

and I'll never forgive the CVs for the Tez-ered Dil.. "Taser" is good self defense option against low-lifes.. not a heart affliction (read as: STALK-HOME SYNDROME)

psst.. see I'm using your Psycho Babble.. a new for scar M.D.

Ms. Khushi, either you have depth.. and are honest and strong enough to confront your feelings or you stop giving lectures to others as to how they should confront theirs! 

I know you're Team Khushi.. so it gives me great joy to slam her in your post. 

Truly Therapeutic. 

Best couchwa session ever! ..and Great Post (Mortem)

Hmmm, sadist you! 

@ bold in blue: I won't slam Khushi, but I do agree with what you've written. The creatives show no continuity in her character in this matter...she cannot pretend to be oblivious of her feelings for Arnav and vice versa.

But then same goes for Arnav too my Dear...he too did a volte face after the near kiss and cannot make up his mind on what to do..like La said to Khushi yesterday - ASR ko khud nahin pata ki unhe kya chaahiye...

So there...both KKG and ASR need to come to their senses and stop behaving like they have short term amnesia...you don't almost kiss and then pretend to forget it...

LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

But then same goes for Arnav too my Dear...he too did a volte face after the near kiss and cannot make up his mind on what to do..like La said to Khushi yesterday - ASR ko khud nahin pata ki unhe kya chaahiye...

I think that is precisely the strength of the romance of IPK. Generally in serials the obstacles are external factors that keep the leads apart and enhance the chemistry. The obstacles here are internal. Especially, in the case of ASR. KKG can be forgiven for being clueless--because how many times has he rejected her, and on how many levels? 
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ€—Sorry Swetsy for the long delay...just logged into IF after a gap of a couple of days and saw your pm...

Great post my girl...πŸ‘πŸ‘...La has truly redeemed herself and I am glad the CV's have chosen to take this track with her character...well actually, she has had a process of redemption over a period of time but all was brought in sharp focus in this episode...

Will try to be more regular ...I am so glad you have started to make regular posts.😊