India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Billu - as a father..........

SPECIAL Goldie
SPECIAL
SPECIAL

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 10:20am | IP Logged

As a father of a respectable girl, do you think what BILLU is doing is right?

e.g. reacting the way he did not believing jassi kicking her out of the house not giving her a chance to explain
  • throwing away any artefacts linked with memories of her etc etc etc

Edited by SPECIAL - 03 April 2005 at 10:21am

SPECIAL Goldie
SPECIAL
SPECIAL

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 11:28am | IP Logged
i guess this is such a boring topic that nobody wants to reply Ouch
IluvHrithik Groupbie
IluvHrithik
IluvHrithik

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SPECIAL

Nahhhhhh. It's not a boring topic.  Smile

Overall, he's not a bad father but he's a very controlling and domineering father.  He reminds me of my dad to a point- his way or the highway.  Smile

That was not right of him to believe the other's instead of his own daughter.  He should have enough faith in her to believe her word over the others.  As for throwing her stuff out like that, that was wrong too.  I just couldn't understand why he went to that extreme.  Yes, not talking to her for a few days was fine, but to throw her out on the streets! NOT RIGHT!  Does he not worry about where she is?  It seems that only Amrit and Bebe care about her.  And throughout  the whole show, he would be very protective of her-overly protective.  I can see why but he must have faith in her which as it confirms now, that he doesn't.  
mahn786ch Senior Member
mahn786ch
mahn786ch

Maheen,you will live on in our hearts

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 11:44am | IP Logged

Of course this is not a boring topic...

You know what I think. I think that he should have given her some time to explain herself. I think everyone should be atleast given that chance even if he or she is guilty.

But I think that her father is right in his position because he got such a big shock... But I do think that he should give her atleast one chance.

poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by IluvHrithik

Originally posted by SPECIAL

Nahhhhhh. It's not a boring topic.  Smile

Overall, he's not a bad father but he's a very controlling and domineering father.  He reminds me of my dad to a point- his way or the highway.  Smile

That was not right of him to believe the other's instead of his own daughter.  He should have enough faith in her to believe her word over the others.  As for throwing her stuff out like that, that was wrong too.  I just couldn't understand why he went to that extreme.  Yes, not talking to her for a few days was fine, but to throw her out on the streets! NOT RIGHT!  Does he not worry about where she is?  It seems that only Amrit and Bebe care about her.  And throughout  the whole show, he would be very protective of her-overly protective.  I can see why but he must have faith in her which as it confirms now, that he doesn't.  

totally agree

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mahn786ch

You know what I think. I think that he should have given her some time to explain herself. I think everyone should be atleast given that chance even if he or she is guilty.

But I think that her father is right in his position because he got such a big shock... But I do think that he should give her atleast one chance.

SPECIAL, this is such a boring topic that I'm typing this out in my sleepTongueWink

I agree with Mahn786.... Even the Devil deserves ONE chance to explain himself. All he did was ask his daughter ONE question - "Did you do it?" and got ONE most unsatisfying answer "Yes" and hung up the phone.. cudn't he have hung on for ONE more minute!?!Confused He IS supposed to be the mature one here...

They say that parents try to live out their own ideals and dreams through their children... I think with Billu, it is practically a disease. He is fanatical about preserving his honesty and self-respect - which is all fine as long as he doesn't expect his Queen Victoria to follow his own Victorian principles. Unfortunately he doesOuch

I also think that this has been an especially rude shock for him because Jassi has hardly ever tried to go against him, assert herself against the hard line he takes sometimes, or engage in a battle of wills with him. She acquiesced to being Daddy's good girl because it's the Path of Least Resistance. Suddenly, they both find themselves adrift because the umbilical cord has been cut so fiercely and dramatically Ouch ... it's nasty for them both. Billu - because he realized that his daughter has a different take on things, has made different judgements from what he would have made. He can't possibly find this easy to accept - it must be traumatic. For Jassi though, it is more a question of fear of losing her father's love than anything else. She must become a good girl in his eyes again and regain his trust and affection.

Sometimes, events like this are cathartic - and actually necessary!! When handled right it can lead to a deeper understanding of their own natures, and lead to a more fulfilling relationship later on. Billu's job as a father was to teach her the right from wrong - he has done that. Now he should stick to simply having faith in her. Jassi needs to learn that she can love her father infinitely and still come into her own as an individual. Isn't that how human beings are meant to evolve??!
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by queenbee

Originally posted by mahn786ch

SPECIAL, this is such a boring topic that I'm typing this out in my sleepTongueWink

I agree with Mahn786.... Even the Devil deserves ONE chance to explain himself. All he did was ask his daughter ONE question - "Did you do it?" and got ONE most unsatisfying answer "Yes" and hung up the phone.. cudn't he have hung on for ONE more minute!?!Confused He IS supposed to be the mature one here...

They say that parents try to live out their own ideals and dreams through their children... I think with Billu, it is practically a disease. He is fanatical about preserving his honesty and self-respect - which is all fine as long as he doesn't expect his Queen Victoria to follow his own Victorian principles. Unfortunately he doesOuch

I also think that this has been an especially rude shock for him because Jassi has hardly ever tried to go against him, assert herself against the hard line he takes sometimes, or engage in a battle of wills with him. She acquiesced to being Daddy's good girl because it's the Path of Least Resistance. Suddenly, they both find themselves adrift because the umbilical cord has been cut so fiercely and dramatically Ouch ... it's nasty for them both. Billu - because he realized that his daughter has a different take on things, has made different judgements from what he would have made. He can't possibly find this easy to accept - it must be traumatic. For Jassi though, it is more a question of fear of losing her father's love than anything else. She must become a good girl in his eyes again and regain his trust and affection.

Sometimes, events like this are cathartic - and actually necessary!! When handled right it can lead to a deeper understanding of their own natures, and lead to a more fulfilling relationship later on. Billu's job as a father was to teach her the right from wrong - he has done that. Now he should stick to simply having faith in her. Jassi needs to learn that she can love her father infinitely and still come into her own as an individual. Isn't that how human beings are meant to evolve??!

wow QB!! Clap

Personally, i think that Billu's anger was justified. It must have definitely been a major shock to him to find out that his daughter had done something that he had never imagined she would do. But of course, as her father, i think he was way too harsh on her (throwing her things out, saying she's no longer her daughter). As her father, he should at least have given her a chance to explain, which he did not do at all-- he merely asked a simple question and just inferred the rest. Looking at that, I don't think he was fair. However, I still think that whatever Billu did was out of his extreme love for her, and I think that the main reason for his irrational behaviour was due to the shock he received. But I think that Billu will soon realize that he can't live without his "Queen Victoria" and will forgive her eventually.

kdokka Senior Member
kdokka
kdokka

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

Billu's reaction is understandable, Jassi did tamper the balance sheets. I guess his reaction was so severe because of the public humiliation and scandal the whole thing had created. But, he should have given Jassi atleast one chance to explain herself. Throwing out her stuff without even meeting her was a little extreme.

Go to top