•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Bollywood bonds with James

First it was Pakistani singers and now it's over to a Bangladeshi singer to bond with Bollywood.

If problems regarding James' visa are sorted out soon, he will become the first ever Bangladeshi rock singer to have sung in a Hindi film.

The music for Mahesh Bhatt's Gangster, which will have James' song, will be scored by Pritam. And guess what?

James will be singing none other than Goutam Chattopadhyay's immortal Prithibi which is being recreated in Hindi.

Speaking to CT exclusively from Bangladesh, James said, " It is an enormous honour for me to have been chosen to do Goutamda's song in this film.

There are two songs which they have asked me to do and I am just excited about the entire project.

However, we are facing visa problems. We have a meeting with embassy officials on Monday where we will take the matter up.

As artistes, we want to see one world. Artistes should not be denied visa.

This is a completely political issue and it's sad that the cultural relations between Bangladesh and India are strained too.

Unfortunately, artistes are paying a price for this. But then, I hope that the problem gets sorted out."

But what are the songs that James has been offered to sing?

Said Pritam from Mumbai, "Even we are very worried about this visa imbroglio. Our recording is getting delayed.

I just hope that the visa problem gets sorted soon. The only reason why I roped in James is because he has this awesome singing style which is absolutely unique.

He is like the Hendrix of Bangladesh. Though he has never sung in Hindi I will still take a chance on this because of his unique style.

The world will see what a genius this guy is. Bollywood music is changing. I also want him to sing my own song titled, Tu."

Sayeed Qadri, who is writing the lyrics for this song, has heard Pritam play the tune of Prithibi on his guitar.

Speaking from Rajasthan, Qadri said, "This is a fresh song that I'm writing. I'm not translating anybody's lyrics.

I have a penchant for using words that are not commonly heard in Hindi film lyrics. It will take me another week to complete writing this song.

I might use lesser used words like musalsal (meaning incessant) in this song."

Meanwhile, James has also been roped in by Yahaan director Shoojit Sircar for his forthcoming film Amarjeet.

Elaborating on this issue, Sircar said from Ooty, "Shantanu (Moitra) will compose James' song and I will begin shooting in December.

In fact, I was the one to forward James' number to Pritam when they were contemplating about using it."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1219272, curpg-1.cms

Here is a link to the song if anybody is interested ðŸ˜Š:

Edited by Kanta80 - 17 years ago
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by vinit_fan

😕

😳