Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

TALENT POLL

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 6:11pm | IP Logged

TALENT POLL

Talent hunt shows on television being a hit these days, the nation has a new passion — voting for their favourite contestant. Despite a popular opinion against the regional impartiality of the process, the actual contestants of Indian Idol 2 feel otherwise. Read on to know why...

RITU SUR Times News Network

Karunya, one of the contestants hailing from Hyderabad, believes, the voting system is beyond boundaries. "Though I am a South Indian, I've got thousands of votes from the North. This shows that people are not choosing on the basis of regions only. Rather, during the elimination rounds, I was almost out of the contest four times. But the love of the judges and the nation has brought me back in the competition."

"It is not essential that Bikaner, my hometown, will vote only for me even if they think someone else is more talented," informs Sandeep, the other contestant. He thinks, for a national competition of this stature, the judgment of the entire country matters as opposed to any particular town, city or state. "The audience went crazy in Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Delhi, where we performed. Their reactions proved that true talent is what all admire." Anuj, the third contestant, cannot believe his luck. A professional singer in Himachal Pradesh, he got out in the piano round. Dejected and disappointed, he went back to singing and sound recording. But thanks to the judges voting him in, he got back in the reckoning. "Last year, there was no contestant from Himachal, but my friends and I kept voting for the one we believed was the best singer," he discloses. The reigning Indian Idol, Abhijeet Sawant, agrees that there have been instances when some contestants have come up, thanks to a particular precinct voting unanimously for him or her. "But in my case it was different. We were many Mumbaiites vying for the top slot. So people voted for whoever they thought was most talented. Ironically, though from Mumbai, I perform most in Kolkata," he adds with his distinctive smile. Whether regionalism has crept into the voting system of talent hunts in India is still debatable. Nevertheless, it would be the decider of the fates of Karunya, Sandeep and Anuj tonight, since you can vote for your favourite singer, the voting lines being open till 10 am today. To check if your pick has made it to the last two, tune in tonight on Sony Entertainment Television's Indian Idol 2 at 9 pm.

http://epaperdaily.timesofindia.com

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
thanks sonya .. ! Big smile
ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
thanks sonya.one of them has to leave ,it has to be anuj...even the guests said he lost sur....that is most important...if he wins the titleit will be tragic for the show.
checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:15am | IP Logged
thanx Sonya, atleast ppl have started thinking beyond regionalism.......

peace
~Aaina~ IF-Sizzlerz
~Aaina~
~Aaina~

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:17am | IP Logged
thx 4 info Tongue
Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article! Tongue   I look at the pic below, and the first thing that came to mind was "How many pounds of foundation do they have on?" LOL
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dancnballa23

Thanks for the article! Tongue   I look at the pic below, and the first thing that came to mind was "How many pounds of foundation do they have on?" LOL

anuj seems to be saying..its Sandy who has the maximum foundation...

or is he saying..gals if u want my number get in touch with Sandy....LOL

silent_shadow IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top