Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
jab tak geeta ma rahengi, tab tak rona dhona aur drama rahegi!!!!!πŸ˜†

apart from that, terence mentioned there are 3 awesome success stories in top18, who tried from season 1 to come, so be prepared for dada to launch full on story of my life drama, remember vikram of doubles, and if one of them is in geetu's team, to ho gayi baat.
 and those stupid beautiful and HAT and sexy looking comments, which irks me

One thing i am sure will happen, dance and more dance and dance that will inspire us. during DID doubles and dks(  luv2dance a.k.a bindu knows) i actually got so inspired i went and joined a ballet school and then during vacation touched up my old classical skillπŸ˜†

waiting for terence and remo and even geeta to bring some awesome concepts and  dancers who will give evrything to bring them to reality and inspire us once more πŸ‘

DID2  will be special for me, coz i watchd right from audition and  coz there was ammu bringing manipuri to full glory there( not withstanding geeta ma's sacrilege of my love, she does it all the time). But i think DID 1 were something special , they were the first to take the plunge, the gamble and its their hard work and their talent that started this whole DID mania. some of them like vrushali, salman, jay, mayuresh really are class apart. 
Edited by Tannistha - 12 years ago
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi to all here! Nice thread, Rani!!! Will come back and add my thoughts later... πŸ˜ƒ
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well,
did not watch season 1, did watch DID2 and it was good except for the fact that D-boy was overhyped. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

2. I have decided this year that am not going to have a favorite contestant, Anyone who have seen billions of these reality shows outta get an idea why.

3. I do hope they do a tribute to Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor. Now those would be awsome
laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I seriously cannot pick a favorite between season 1 and 2..Both the seasons were great in their own way..DID 1 was from where it all started and DID 2 solidified the DID platform as the place to be for aspiring dancers..My expectations are high from this season, its DID we are talking about after all!πŸ˜ƒ I am hoping to see new dance styles, more talented dancers, along with the guaranteed dose of sob stories, drama, dukh bhari katha, and kyaa baats coming our way..πŸ˜†

BTW Hello Rani! Good to see you here again :)

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I love both DID 1 and DID 2.. πŸ˜ƒ

DID 2 has greatest performances which actually set a standard to the show, but it had a few worst performances too, it has some drama also... whereas DID 1 was more consistent.  
DiamondLife thumbnail
Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

πŸ˜› DID 1 was the first but certainly not the best as evidenced by the results from DKS as well as TRP's and lack success of contestants since. Horse carriage was the first vehicle with wheels, does that make it better then today's cars? πŸ˜› Cavemen were the first males, does that make them better then the handsome males of this forum? πŸ˜ƒ

Kyan thi khodi khodi ne jawab kadho cho bapuπŸ˜†
DiamondLife thumbnail
For me DID2 was special because i heard but did not watch DID1..

dharmesh's audition performance made me watch the entire DID2..i still have that craze and passion for the show because of him, just him.
I respect all talented dancers..but my seed was DharmeshπŸ˜ƒ
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice topic Rani...

Both seasons 1 and 2 had their own good points...but if i still have to make a choice i will choose season 1 because overall it had more versatility and consistency...DID 2 also had some great acts which I will always remember...

Expectations from DID 3:

- Lots and lots of dance - good dance jise dekhke dil khush ho jaaye😊
- Innovation is important to give the season its freshness and to give something new to the viewers
- Lots to learn from for dance lovers, on this aspect I hope there r some new dance styles attempted as I would love to learn more styles

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Earlier I used to watch DID purely for entertainment reasons, but after watching the auditions for this season I might just start taking this show a bit seriously. 

Firstly, I would definitely want there to be some more focus on different styles of dance and not get stuck just on hip hop, contemporary and bollywood. There's so much street that they can cover - krumping, street/funk jazz, tutting, robotic (not strictly street dancing but still), popping and locking, BBoying, Tap dance, waacking etc.. And I mean really attempting these styles, not doing dharmesh-style dancing and giving it different names. Sirf naam ke liye dance karne ka koi faayda nahi, asli kaam karke dikhao. 

Ballroom is something India has never been able to tap. It always ends up looking like buffoonery, especially waltz. I want to see just one good ballroom performance. Coming to classical, okay, classical needs to be incorporated and acknowledged so much more than it is! Classical is a very fluid form, it can be incorporated in so many forms, why can't we see a fusion between classical and contemporary (very common), two different classical forms (like bharatnatyam and kathak, mohiniattam and odissi), semi-classical and classical, jazz and semi-classical - there's so much scope! 

AND if they are going to attempt contemporary, hip-hop and bollywood, then I would like to see some solid dancing in these styles. Contemporary without technique is pointless, and I've hardly seen any technique in the last two seasons. Same goes for hip hop, which allows dancers to take a tad bit more liberty. I would like the choreographers to distribute audience entertainment and good dancing in a 1:1 ratio and not a 3:2 ratio. 

I've come across such brilliant dancers and an overall brilliant dance community/world in this past year that it would take something seriously awesome to blow me away. DID is one of the better shows on Indian television so naturally the expectations from it are sky rocketing high. 

Looking forward to a good season.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
^^heroin, i opened a topic named  Dance AT

maybe you can share some of your dance experiences and some detailed info about the different ballroom dance styles?