Kituu... Sabb Jaantii Hai
Kituu... Sabb Jaantii Hai

Buffalo and calf injured on sets!

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 3:29pm | IP Logged

Buffalo and calf injured on sets!

The accident happened when a skimmer fell on the animals on the sets. But for once Kituu kuch nahin janti....

Ami Trivedi in Kittu Sab Janti Hain

Sapana Patil

We've heard of television actors collapsing on the sets with overwork and injury. Now, on the sets of Kituu Sab Jaanti Hai a buffalo and its calf have been injured, though not grievously.

The incident happened last week when a village scene was being shot at Kamalistan Studios. Apparently a lot of animals, including goats, buffaloes and cows, were hired to form the village scene. This particular buffalo and its calf were tied to a pole under a shed prepared for them, behind the skimmer. The skimmer fell on the two and hurt them. For those who've come in late, a skimmer is an equipment constructed by mounting a satin cloth on iron rods. It is used to refract extra sunlight.     

The serial's protagonist Ami Trivedi aka Kituu who witnessed the accident, recounts the incident. She says, "The buffalo and the calf were kept under a shed behind the skimmer. All of a sudden, the skimmer fell on them. Not many people were around because they were setting up the shot elsewhere. Hence, only my co-star and I saw it. We rushed to the animals and lifted the skimmer. The skimmer was very heavy and it was difficult to lift. The animals suffered injury because of the weight and also because the skimmer had iron rods."

Trivedi adds, "After we lifted the skimmer, we gave the animals water to drink. I am an animal lover, and felt awful about the unfortunate incident." When contacted, the serial's director Anshuman Singh said, "I was not present on the sets on the day the incident happened. I heard about it the next day. However, it wasn't a very serious accident, because I shot with the buffaloes the next day and they were fine. Moreover, a skimmer is not a heavy object. It weighs only four to five kilograms. I know because a skimmer has fallen on me too, once!" When contacted, producer Manish Goswami simply denied the accident.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=432006235314765432006235259953

SFatima328 Senior Member
SFatima328
SFatima328

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
no way so sad poor animals i too like animals and cant tolerate them being her or even humans, Cry so sorry. thanks for the news. Clap
Jaslove IF-Rockerz
Jaslove
Jaslove

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
thanks Big smile
poor animals Cry its good thing there weren't injured badly
Shruthilaya Goldie
Shruthilaya
Shruthilaya

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jaslove

thanks Big smile
poor animals Cry its good thing there weren't injured badly

ya.

if meneka gandhi came to know!!!!!!!!!! my god! Confused

Huma2 Senior Member
Huma2
Huma2

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:23am | IP Logged
thanks
poor animals
i cant beleive that guy denied it...how rude!
OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
glad that the animals are fine. accidents do happen but to make sure that the animals are fne and their safety in the future is key
sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 06 April 2006 at 11:47am | IP Logged
poor animals Ouch
its gud dat dey r not much badly injured Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top