A request to the moderators (Page 3)

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by s2v2

Originally posted by apparaohoare

Hi Mods,

First let me tell you that I will be the Devil's Advocate here. 

I understand that now we have a chatting section in this forum and it is my personal opinion that the chatty topics should be in the chat section.  I know that these types of threads are very popular because they are very good time pass, but this is a SRGM channel.  Anything that is not related to SRGM and music should not be entertained here.  It is not possible for any member to be logged on for 24 hours.  So when a member returns back to this forum, they miss a lot of informative threads because those threads gets stockpiled under these chatty threads.  For instance, I have recently missed some very very good threads posted by Kishore Bhakta ji and Qwest ji just because there were about 6 of these chatty threads which always captured the front page all the time.

So, it is just a request to move all these threads to the chat section and leave this channel for the SRGM and music lovers.

Just a suggestion. 

In that case, please also remove all threads such as "Download RD Burman songs" or topics on Manna Dey etc from this section as they are not related to Ek Main Aur Ek Tu... these should be moved to the Music Corner Section and not be allowed in srgmp section...

Waw! Here comes a true music lover.  Angry

Did I write my post in a bachcha party format like Muzic rokzzzzzzzzzzz or something like that, or is it too difficult to read.  Are you a HR fan by any chance.

Edited by apparaohoare - 03 April 2006 at 11:02am

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:02am | IP Logged

Hi Mods,

I understand that now we have a chatting section in this forum and it is my personal opinion that the chatty topics should be in the chat section.  I know that these types of threads are very popular because they are very good time pass, but this is a SRGM channel.  Anything that is not related to SRGM and music should not be entertained here.  It is not possible for any member to be logged on for 24 hours.  So when a member returns back to this forum, they miss a lot of informative threads because those threads gets stockpiled under these chatty threads.  For instance, I have recently missed some very very good threads posted by Kishore Bhakta ji and Qwest ji just because there were about 6 of these chatty threads which always captured the front page all the time.

So, it is just a request to move all these threads to the chat section and leave this channel for the SRGM and music lovers.

Just a suggestion. 

Mr. Rao, Dont call urself Devils AdvocateBig smile  You are actually being the Mods Advocate and we are not DevilsWink

Well, it is the wishes of the Mods as well that chatty topics be avoided.

Last month or so, we have had so much of chatty topics going on, by all of us, Embarrassed.

It would be better for the forum if chatty topics can be avoided.

Posts like Hi, how r u, when did you come, how long r u there, or something as inane as did you get my Pm... all these topics must stop immediately.  Flirting to an extent, when on a thread, in a light hearted banter, in the flow of topics is fine.  But incessant flirting and wishing each other can easily be conducted on the PMs and should not be got on the forum.

ClapThanks for putting this suggestion and making life a lil more easier for us mods.

In so far as ur suggestion on moving them to chat room is concerned, well, the chat room is a CHAT ROOM.  We cannot post stuff there.  Its like a messanger.  I am no computer person so cant explain it, but if someone has a decent knowledge on computers, can pls find out and explain to all others

advil IF-Sizzlerz
advil
advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:07am | IP Logged

Please remove Vinit fan club, himani fan club,nihira joshi fan club and all those polls on if jodi's ,why id's are what they are , all those repeated clips on HR, etc. etc.. they are not related to EMAET right ?Wink

Originally posted by s2v2

Hi Mods,

Just a suggestion. 

In that case, please also remove all threads such as "Download RD Burman songs" or topics on Manna Dey etc from this section as they are not related to Ek Main Aur Ek Tu... these should be moved to the Music Corner Section and not be allowed in srgmp section...

Waw! Here comes a true music lover.  Angry

Did I write my post in a bachcha party format like Muzic rokzzzzzzzzzzz or something like that, or is it too difficult to read.  Are you a HR fan by any chance.

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.priya

Hi Mods,

Just a suggestion. 

Mr. Rao, Dont call urself Devils AdvocateBig smile  You are actually being the Mods Advocate and we are not DevilsWink

Well, it is the wishes of the Mods as well that chatty topics be avoided.

Last month or so, we have had so much of chatty topics going on, by all of us, Embarrassed.

It would be better for the forum if chatty topics can be avoided.

Posts like Hi, how r u, when did you come, how long r u there, or something as inane as did you get my Pm... all these topics must stop immediately.  Flirting to an extent, when on a thread, in a light hearted banter, in the flow of topics is fine.  But incessant flirting and wishing each other can easily be conducted on the PMs and should not be got on the forum.

ClapThanks for putting this suggestion and making life a lil more easier for us mods.

In so far as ur suggestion on moving them to chat room is concerned, well, the chat room is a CHAT ROOM.  We cannot post stuff there.  Its like a messanger.  I am no computer person so cant explain it, but if someone has a decent knowledge on computers, can pls find out and explain to all others

Mods--- Devils, same thing Wink  LOL

Kidding. Tongue

Thanks Priya.  If the chat room is something like messenger, then in that case could you all consolidate these thread into one thread so that it doesn't capture the front page all the time.

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Arre, isnt it better to stop chatting Embarrassed instead of chatting and then moving the topics to another thread
apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:13am | IP Logged
One more thing I would like to point out.

Could you please specify a miximum size for the signatures, so that it doesn't strech the whole page. Sometimes a siggy like Vinit Rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz streches the whole page and creates inconvenience.

I have nothing against those siggy's, and sometimes they are quite creative, but would really appreciate if you all could reduce the number of "Z"s.

Edited by apparaohoare - 03 April 2006 at 11:15am
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:21am | IP Logged

One more thing I would like to point out.

Could you please specify a miximum size for the signatures, so that it doesn't strech the whole page. Sometimes a siggy like Vinit Rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz streches the whole page and creates inconvenience.

I have nothing against those siggy's, and sometimes they are quite creative, but would really appreciate if you all could reduce the number of "Z"s.

Overall, the size of siggys and avis all over India Forums is being revamped and we should be out with new sizes and rules soon.
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Appa you can always put the siggy option off. I do that. It helps to surf more fast through the forum.

Go to top