Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Money Matters Strong for Tv Actors!!

~Jalal-4ever~ IF-Sizzlerz
~Jalal-4ever~
~Jalal-4ever~

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:17am | IP Logged

Money matters strong for TV actors
March 31, a day that gives tensions to every common man. Being the last day of the financial year, it also doubles up as the deadline for filing income tax returns. Investments, taxes, bills, TDSs, mutual funds, fixed deposits are some of the tension symptoms this date brings with it. But what about our so-called 'the perfect know-all' TV icons? Do they also go through the same anxiety, or they are actually as organised as their respective telly-characters are? How do they manage their finances and what are their views on finance and budget? Let's hear it out from them only:

"I do not put all my eggs in one basket," is what actor Parmeet Sethi starts with. And given the fact that there is so much of fluctuation in the money, market, it looks like a smart move. Similar are the views of Karan Oberoi, the actor-turned-pop singer, "I am into a lot of stocks and bonds. Currently the sensex has been very helpful. I have also been investing in properties and cars. Even Mutual fund and insurances are good. They help save income tax. You get a lot of tax rebates."

As for director Ravi Rai, investment takes a little unconventional path, "am into real estates. But not very much into mutual funds and everything. I don't believe in their profit margins. As you grow older you have to invest in the right avenues. Because what happens if tomorrow you are not working any more? You need a system to support you. So I am investing in editing suits and recording studios etc. This can be more helpful than other form of investments in twenty years' time. As for insurances I do not think it gives you enough returns. Only if one dies soon, then maybe!!"

Well, if the wise man feels that way, it must be true. While Snigdha Akolkar (of Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyan fame) believes that investing in mutual funds and bonds are the best, Rupa Ganguly of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai fame believes that its fixed deposits for her that works. Similarly, for amit Varma (Hotel Kingston), insurance policies are the best option while Ronit Roy (Mr Bajaj of Kasauti Zindagi Kay) believes in the stock market.

But not all the stars are happy about a 'soaring sensex' or increasing rate of real estate. "I believe it's sad that people like us are being punished for doing well in life. A sizeable amount of my money would be going in taxes. I would rather donate that to a charity organization. Because the government is also not giving much. Bad roads, corruption etc is what we get. So definitely it feels bad," complaints Rupa Ganguly. She has been filing her income tax returns for last 20 years since her father's production house (he was a film producer) was in her and her brother's name.

But there are some stars who would be going through the 'money-grind' for the first time this year. "I have not filed my income taxes yet. So, obviously it will be the first experience.
By Televisionpoint.com Team

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thanks
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged
thanks for the article
Saleha_20 Senior Member