India-Forums

Veer Shivaji
Veer Shivaji

Shivaji's marital life

..Amri.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Amri..
..Amri..

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Considering that Shivaji and his two wives are in their teens in the show...I have a question.

I wonder how realistic it is that they have separate chambers and do not seem to have consummated their marriage(s).Embarrassed

If we look at history we have a horde of child brides of royal families made to indulge in conjugal relations.

Your thoughts, please?Smile

Edited by Amri174 - 20 December 2011 at 4:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

swethasyam08chand1234

Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:24am | IP Logged
well they are still kids.and also indian television won't dare to show such things with child actors

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

LiveHappypriyu_friendswethasyam08chand1234anu93Charu21..Amri..Amor.

ZooniIndian Groupbie
ZooniIndian
ZooniIndian

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
You don't seem to know Indian history well.  Child marriages existed but marriages were consummated only once girls attained puberty.  Till the girls use to sleep with their mother inlaw or other female relatives.  Soyra is still a child so obv her husband won't do anything with her.
Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZooniIndian

You don't seem to know Indian history well.  Child marriages existed but marriages were consummated only once girls attained puberty.  Till the girls use to sleep with their mother inlaw or other female relatives.  Soyra is still a child so obv her husband won't do anything with her.

excuse me...please don't comment on someone's educational background without knowing anything..i am a post graduate of history and doing research now...and i am just saying that indian television is not so daring to show children are consummating their marriage though they are historical characters
just try to understand what i am saying...u can keep ur point of view without challenging anyone's knowledge okk..and i am not commenting on history of child marriage  otherwise i have detailed articles and a no. of books on history of indian marriage

and even if u told this to topic maker then also its wrong..bcoz tm was right on her point..bcoz sai and soyara both were shown teenagers that means both of them  had crossed their age of puberty (soyara seems not less  than 12-13)

and in history kings and prince used to consummate in that age and even become parents in
some case

its only Indian tv's censorship issue which avoids this things carefully

Edited by aru_86 - 29 December 2011 at 12:08pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Historyloverswethasyam08..Amri..anu93Amor.

swethasyam08 IF-Rockerz
swethasyam08
swethasyam08

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
I second u Aru!

i was abt to post similar comment but stopped after seeing ur's.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ekomas

namsii231997 Groupbie
namsii231997
namsii231997

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aru_86

excuse me...please don't comment on someone's educational background without knowing anything..i am a post graduate of history and doing research now...and i am just saying that indian television is not so daring to show children are consummating their marriage though they are historical characters
just try to understand what i am saying...u can keep ur point of view without challenging anyone's knowledge okk..and i am not commenting on history of child marriage  otherwise i have detailed articles and a no. of books on history of indian marriageAngry

agree wid u aru di!
Charu21 IF-Sizzlerz
Charu21
Charu21

24 Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
ehhh.. yeah rite... Ouch 
but agree wid Aru, it would become too awkward to see anything like that considering they are just kids!! Confused 
ZooniIndian Groupbie
ZooniIndian
ZooniIndian

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aru_86

just try to understand what i am saying...u can keep ur point of view without challenging anyone's knowledge okk..and i am not commenting on history of child marriage  otherwise i have detailed articles and a no. of books on history of indian marriageAngry

Why would Indian television would show kids being intimate when in reality they don't use to be intimate.  You are not just poor in history but in English too.  Read my post carefully.

Go to top