Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 82)

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
@Reshma-many Indian stories specially about Gods have been also potrayed in an erotic way,i was shocked initially-but its a fact,i guess you are forgetting books like Kamasutra have originated from an Indian God,despite all the halaboo we put up regarding those things today we were pretty advanced in those ages!...while this same story some say is beacuse Mahadev touched the girls statue...while some say he got sexually aroused by it!similarly some texts make the Mohini and Mahadev actually had intercourse,while some say they just touched each other and through thier divine powers Ayappan was born!-its all about interpretation...some people like to interpret it in a more erotic way as compared to others...but as far as i know these erotic texts were written by local writers much after the original Puranas/Vedas were written!
but I havent heard of this Godess to be very honest,ive only heard of Ganapati,Skanda and Ayaapan being Mahadevs childern...most of these storied about him having daughters etc are local beliefs of small sects!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.flamingo_ariesvanadhi.Reshama.-Tulips-

NandiniRaizadaa IF-Stunnerz
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GoldenDew

Originally posted by .Vrish.

^^^^ I think she meant that those things should have fallen all over this side of the earth e.g. Siberia, China, Central Asia, IndoChina, Indonesia, Persia and even in the oceans. Unless Shiva was not at a major distance when the chakra cut up Sati's body, causing them to fall over just a limited area - within the Indian subcontinent.

Hmm.. as far as I know Daksh's yagya took place in north eastern parts of India. Hence the major portion of the shakti peetha's r around bengal and north eastern parts of the country and also maybe everything took place in Bhulok hence Sati's body parts got scattered in and around the yagya area.

yajna did not take place in north east. It took place in the northen reagion of kankhal which is near hardwar in uttaranchal. Manyt shaktipeeths are present in northen states of uttaranchal and himachal pradesh. Also in kankhal there is sati yagyashala and daksheshwar mahadev temple

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi-Tulips--Goldendew-

-Goldendew- IF-Stunnerz
-Goldendew-
-Goldendew-

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

Originally posted by GoldenDew

Originally posted by .Vrish.

^^^^ I think she meant that those things should have fallen all over this side of the earth e.g. Siberia, China, Central Asia, IndoChina, Indonesia, Persia and even in the oceans. Unless Shiva was not at a major distance when the chakra cut up Sati's body, causing them to fall over just a limited area - within the Indian subcontinent.

Hmm.. as far as I know Daksh's yagya took place in north eastern parts of India. Hence the major portion of the shakti peetha's r around bengal and north eastern parts of the country and also maybe everything took place in Bhulok hence Sati's body parts got scattered in and around the yagya area.

yajna did not take place in north east. It took place in the northen reagion of kankhal which is near hardwar in uttaranchal. Manyt shaktipeeths are present in northen states of uttaranchal and himachal pradesh. Also in kankhal there is sati yagyashala and daksheshwar mahadev temple

There r many conflicting opinions about the yagna sthali.. I was reading about sthalapurana of Kamakhya temple and there its mentioned about Daksha yagna taking place in north east.. whereas Wiki has a different story.. The place called Kottiyur is said to be yagna sthali I've seen the place myself Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daksha#The_Yagna_of_Daksha
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged

Well i am on moblie so cant post links. Do a google search on kankhal you will get the info. In the show also they mentioned kankhal as the place. Its a teerth. :) apart from wiki there are many other sources which say it was kankhal. The place has a sati kund. A daksha mahadev temple and a yagyashala.

Even in the show. Sati says she wants to go to kankhal immediately. Then lord vishnu says sati ka shareer kankhal main pada hai.

Edited by NandiniPS - 31 May 2012 at 11:16pm
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Yesterday they showed Himavan & Mena were going to Balaji. Did Balaji's temple exist at the time of Sati?
vanadhi IF-Dazzler
vanadhi
vanadhi

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 1:04am | IP Logged

Balaji is common name meaning youthfull 'so it can be referred to any youthful god ..

But reason behind that  Lord Venkateshwara gaining that name  is ,He is the younger to all Vishnu avators of that time and the Hill which he is residing belongs to Varahamurthi (Varaha avator )(Who is in deep meditation for several years there. Since Srinivas arrived there later to him he is called  as Balaji (Young )'by Varaha. )  

That Hill probably gained the name after the arrival of Balaji i.e Lord Venkateshwara 'in KaIiyug '.So it's a blooper

Its is said to fulfill  the two promises made by Lord ram and Lord Krishna to two different womens ...He took the Venkateshwara form

1.Lord Ram promised the Maya form of Sita ,who has undergone heavy difficulties under Ravan during that time (According to some versons of ramayan ,The maya form of sita is the one who undergone such difficulties and th Main sita is guarded by Agni ,who returned her back during agni pravesh ).SO Maya (her name is Devaki according to Sthal puran)form request Lord Ram to marry her ...he promised to marry her in Kaliyug ...in a form of Venkateshwara..

2. During Krishna avator ,Yashodha feels very bad that she is not able attend any Of Krishna's marriages ,though he married so much womens ...So he promised her that she will again gain the motherly status for him in her next birth too and  will be blessed to have vision of his wedding with Padmavathi(Maya or saya Sita LOL)

Edited by vanadhi - 01 June 2012 at 1:16am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12flamingo_aries

NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 1:08am | IP Logged

They are silly where time lines are concerned. Lol. Lord balaji came much later

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12vanadhi-Nymphadora-

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12