Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 149

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
To add to my previous post:-
Ajit lived in Vaikunth but this was another Vaikunth he had created. Lord Ajit's father was Vairaj and mother was Devasambhuti.

Edited by akhl - 27 December 2011 at 11:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..shali

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 8)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 5:59am | IP Logged
I originally thought that along with the Devta needing Amrit, there where many other reasons for the Samudra Manthan. One was because Lakshmi was angry with Vishnu and so she went into the sea. This was meant to happen or something because Ratnakar wanted Lakshmi as a daughter... So anyways they did the Sagar Manthan for Lakshmi to come out too. Think this was in Jai Mahalakshmi serial. Not sure now, was a while ago when I watched it.

..Naina..shali

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Hello Vrish bhaiya & Akhl...
seems like the old Ramayan days then!
Thank you for your responses. I shall get back soon. first got to read them!

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Urgent. Please see
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2620650

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
ok, read all the replies. so much information, most of which i never knew & still dont understand!! but none the less, its always good to try and understand! thank you very much.

as 'Sattvik' above mentioned about Laxmiji going into the sea...this story does ring a bell to me as well, but again not sure.
A new question here: She is considered as a daughter of  Sagar (ocean)...dont know the exact name of Her father...(who is Ratnaker?...Sagar?). Lord Vishnu's abode is Ksherrsagar. Does this mean Ksherrsagar is a different 'personality' than Sagar? Ksherrsagar is in Vaikuntha & Sagar on earth. God is everywhere and nowhere but would it be right to think that the ocean on this earth is also Lord Vishnu's abode?.
'Sagar' as a personality has been mentioned but is there a 'Ksherrsagar personality' too? like Sheeshnaag's?

Edited by bharat9 - 28 December 2011 at 2:37pm

..Naina..shali

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bharat9

Lord Vishnu's abode is Ksherrsagar. Does this mean Ksherrsagar is a different 'personality' than Sagar? Ksherrsagar is in Vaikuntha & Sagar on earth. God is everywhere and nowhere but would it be right to think that the ocean on this earth is also Lord Vishnu's abode?.
'Sagar' as a personality has been mentioned but is there a 'Ksherrsagar personality' too? like Sheeshnaag's?

Lord Vishnu simultaneously is present in different forms. One of them is in Kshirsagar. It is an ocean a form of Lord Vishnu resides inside this ocean. It is this ocean which was chrurned during sagar manthan.

There is also a king named Sagar but one difference in pronunciation. The word "Sagar" as in Sagar manthan has first 'a' as long i.e. it is pronounced Saagar. But king "Sagar" has both a's as short. Bhagirathi, who brought Ganga to Earth, was a descendant of king Sagar.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
@ Vrish:

Do you remember during Ramayan days we once (or on many occasions) discussed about Sati/Parvati coming to meet Lord Ram during the Vanvas to test Him? Do you remember if we discussed that under the D&D thread? I just want to refresh my mind on this topic as it has just come bk again. As I was just thinking, Lord Ram was present on this earth during TretaYug & if it was Sati then does it mean that Daksh was still ruling (He was the King of which land?) and that the Yagna He performed where Sati immolated herself wasnt performed until the end of TretaYug or so? Also I think in NDTV Ramayan when Sitaji prays to Ma Gauri she mentions 'Gauri,  Ganesh, Parvati' in that song...i think we have discussed on this topic already...what conclusion did we get to then? I'll also try to find the topic where we discussed it.

..Naina..shali

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by akhl

Originally posted by bharat9

Lord Vishnu's abode is Ksherrsagar. Does this mean Ksherrsagar is a different 'personality' than Sagar? Ksherrsagar is in Vaikuntha & Sagar on earth. God is everywhere and nowhere but would it be right to think that the ocean on this earth is also Lord Vishnu's abode?.

Lord Vishnu simultaneously is present in different forms. One of them is in Kshirsagar. It is an ocean a form of Lord Vishnu resides inside this ocean. It is this ocean which was chrurned during sagar manthan.

There is also a king named Sagar but one difference in pronunciation. The word "Sagar" as in Sagar manthan has first 'a' as long i.e. it is pronounced Saagar. But king "Sagar" has both a's as short. Bhagirathi, who brought Ganga to Earth, was a descendant of king Sagar.

So Kshirsagar and Sagar both equals one? So it was Kshirsagar that was churned. Thank you.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top