Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 70)

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Narad wasnt there beacuse the actor playing Narad is busy in a Marathi Daily soap which my mom sees!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NST1983vanadhi

romi21 Goldie
romi21
romi21

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by .Vrish.

Maybe Daksha's curse had already started and Daksha didn't invite him, and since he didn't have Sati for his wife, he wasn't cajoled into going there either LOL
 Narad & Daksh both being Brhma's son, Sati was like  a daughter for him. He was the first one to tell Sati, she is Aadi Shakti. Shivji & Sati are divine figures for many of us here. This is not funny, no disrespect please.

To tell mnx even i too din't like she's our mata & narad muni is also v. respected deva  But i woudn't like anybody saying like that for Sati maiya even if it's a Joke!!!
_Meena_ IF-Addictz
_Meena_
_Meena_

Captain Daalchini

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Vijaya is a fictional character...similar to Madanike...and since Prajyapati had 60 daughters,some who havent been documented this character has been created!
Oh, ok thanks :)
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
I apologize.  I wasn't trying to mock Sati - I too consider both of them sacred - I was alluding to the fateful event where Sati tried to unsuccessfully get Shiva to go to Daksha's yagna b4 going herself, and mentioned that Narada had no one trying to make him go, and so didn't.  I was being facetious.

But yeah, Shruti's explanation is the right one.
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 17 April 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
I have a question...when at what point of time did the Samudra Manthan take place?in Parvatis Birth or Satis Birth...?...Shiva is supposed to be married during that time because they say its Pravati/Uma who holds his throat when he drinks the poison hence resulting in him becoming Neelkanth
Narayan takes his second Avatar during the Samudra Manthan of Kurma
so when does it take place..?
im confused!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.shali

flamingo_aries IF-Dazzler
flamingo_aries
flamingo_aries

Posted: 18 April 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Samudra Manthan happened in Satya  Yuga...

The churning of the Ocean of Milk or the Milky Way was an elaborate process. Mount Mandarachala was used as the churning rod, and Vasuki, the king of serpents, became the churning rope. The demons (asuras) demanded to hold the head of the snake, while the demigods (devas), taking advice from Vishnu, agreed to hold its tail. As a result the demons were poisoned by fumes emitted by Vasuki. Despite this, the demigods and demons pulled back and forth on the snake's body alternately, causing the mountain to rotate, which in turn churned the ocean. However, once the mountain was placed on the ocean, it began to sink. Vishnu in his second incarnation, in the form of a turtle Kurma, came to their rescue and supported the mountain on his back.

During the Samudra Manthan by the gods and demons, one of the product emerged from the churning was a dangerous poison (Halahala). This terrified the gods and demons because the poison was so toxic that it might have destroyed all of creation. On the advice of Vishnu, the gods approached Shiva for help and protection. Out of compassion for living beings, Shiva swallowed the poison in an act of self-sacrifice. However, his consort Parvati who was looking on, terrified at the thought of his impending death, prevented the poison from descending into his body. Thus the poison was stuck in Shiva's throat with nowhere to go, and it was so potent that it changed the color of Shiva's neck to blue. For this reason, he is also called Nilakantha (the blue-throated one; "neela" = "blue", "kantha" = "throat" in Sanskrit). When the heat from the poison had become unbearable Shiva is supposed to have used his trishul to dig for water forming the Gosaikunda lake which is in Nepal.

This  story is supported by Bhagvat  Puran,Vishnu Puran,Mahabharat...

The Avatars of Vishnu

The ten Avatars are:

1. Matsya (the fish) . Fish that rescues Veda, plants and animals. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Satya Yuga. 
    2. Koorma (the tortoise).Tortoise that supports the churn of the ocean to obtain treasures dissolved in the ocean of milk. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Satya Yuga.
    3. Varaha (the boar). Boar that raise the earth from the bottom of the sea. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Satya Yuga 
    4. Narasimha (the human-lion) .Man-lion who defies classification and overpowers mortals(Hiranyakashipu) who seek to outwit death. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Satya Yuga.
    5. Vamana (the dwarf) .Dwarf who claims from King Bali) the sky from the gods and buries the demons in the underbelly of the earth. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Treta Yuga 
    6. Parasurama (the angry man, Rama with an axe). Priest who turns to violence to kill unrighteous kings and unchaste women. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Treta Yuga. 
    7. Lord Rama (the perfect man, king of Ayodha) .King who uploads old rules at the cost of personal life. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Treta Yuga 
    8. Lord Krishna (the divine statesman) .Cowherd/charioteer/stateman who shrewdly changes rules. One of the ten avatars of Vishnu that appeared in the Dwapara Yuga 
    9. Lord Buddha
    10. Kalki (the mighty worrior)

The last Avatar is yet to appear. 

Edited by flamingo_aries - 18 April 2012 at 12:38am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12vanadhi.Reshama.shali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 18 April 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

I have a question...when at what point of time did the Samudra Manthan take place?in Parvatis Birth or Satis Birth...?...Shiva is supposed to be married during that time because they say its Pravati/Uma who holds his throat when he drinks the poison hence resulting in him becoming Neelkanth
Narayan takes his second Avatar during the Samudra Manthan of Kurma
so when does it take place..?
im confused!

As flamingo_aries  mentioned, Satya Yuga is correct, as this happened b4 Varaha avatar.  However, it's unclear whether Sati was Shiva's wife at that time, or Parvati.  Or in between.  I wasn't aware that either Sati or Parvati held his throat to prevent the poison from entering - I thought it entered all right, but b'cos he's immortal, nothing happened to him.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 18 April 2012 at 4:01am | IP Logged
@Vrish...many versions said that he did have a consort...ive read an actual scripture of the Samdra Manthan and that says "Uma" a term used for both Parvati and Sati...Sati existed during Satyayug...but was she there for Samudra Manthan?...Parvati had already arrived in Tretayug-where she disguised as Sita to test Ram...
hmm...thats something to ponder on!
i wanted to know since the Samudra Manthan is a a very important event in Shivas leelas...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.vanadhi.Reshama.shali

Go to top