Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 67)

romi21 Goldie

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by flamingo_aries

thanks for the info.  as i  got confused b'tween the two...Smile

another doubt is - As we have seen bhadrakali's pic..shivji is lying at the floor with bhadrakali's foot on him...i didn't understand the significance of shivaji lying such way...
Bhadrakaali is a milder form of Mahakali.
Mahakaali after killng the demons in the war, was unstopable. All the demons were killed by her, she still went ahead in her fearful form in search of more demons in the world. At that time to stop her Shivji lied down on her way. While walking ahead, she stepped on him, she looked down. Realising that is her husband, in a shocked expression her toungue came out from her mouth.
Then she came back to Parvati's form. This form with her toungue out with a garland of demon's head & a skirt of hands is considered to remove her devotees problems fast, that's why it is more popular. Otherwise Goddess Mahakali in her softer form is very beautiful & most compassionate towards her devotees. Smile

Wonderful explanation , though i knew the reason for her expression , but before i use to fear her (coz she was being worshipped by  the black art people). but after coming to know her true nature & listening to Mahakali mantra i worship or more over love her in this avatar too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

akhl IF-Rockerz

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Thanks - that's what I thought.

So the mutilation of Sati's body by Vishnu's discus - is that there in Bhagvatam?  (Incidentally, when you say Bhagvatam, do you mean Shrimad Bhagvatam or Devi Bhagvatam?)

I mean Shrimad Bhagavatam. The story of Vishnu's discus cutting Sati's body is in Markandeya Purana.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TimenTIMEagain Senior Member

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
When will maa satis powers awaken as adi shakthi ? ? Was it only when shiva was insulted at daksh yagna ?
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
as per what i have read Sati realizes her adi shakti powers much before that,through yoga and meditation-Meenaxi had even posted a post on how Sati had manifested herself into different avatars
Shiva throughout his time with Sati helped her realize her powers so when she went for Dakshas Yagya she was already adi shakti in her true sense!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

flamingo_aries IF-Dazzler

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Is it  the pain and agony through which prasuti had undergone during sati's  sacrifice was at so height that the delivery of a woman at the time of birth is named after her..???
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
ya...the word Prasuti is used till today for labour pains and far as i know the Delivery room is called a Prasuti Grah... but i dont think its beacuse of Satis death
Prasuti had 60 daughters,and plus a 1000 sons-obviously the agony she must have gone through must have been tremendous pain-so that the world could expand!so i guess that is why her name is assosiated with Delivery pains!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

yand plus a 1000 sons

Depending upon the version, Daksha is said to have had up to 6000 sons!
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged
6000????...mummy!!!!Poor PrasutiROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top