Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 66)

flamingo_aries IF-Dazzler
flamingo_aries
flamingo_aries

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
hey all...m new member to dis show...:)...my one of the many doubts is...according to some there are 2ganas  namely shiv gan and vishnu gan...then how cum  in kundalis there are written about 3ganas-dev gan,daitya gan,manushya gan..??

hope anybody would solve dis...
thanks in advancce...:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Shruti

Thanks - that's what I thought.

akhl

So the mutilation of Sati's body by Vishnu's discus - is that there in Bhagvatam?  (Incidentally, when you say Bhagvatam, do you mean Shrimad Bhagvatam or Devi Bhagvatam?)
Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Okay, did Vishnu ever promise Daksha a boon to support him whenever he needed it?  This is the first time I'm hearing of it.

From what I understand, the reason Vishnu supported Daksha, just like the Devas did, was that as one of the attendees of his yagna, he was duty bound to protect it.  That was his motivation - otherwise, that was the one occasion when what he did was against the precepts of dharm, and unsurprisingly, he got trounced by Virbhadra.  

But otherwise, I've never read about Vishnu giving Daksha any such boons.  Also, Daksha wasn't a trikal-darshi - how was he to know that later on, he would have a confrontation w/ Sati that would provoke a fight w/ Shiva for which he'd need Vishnu's help?

I know of no such boon. Yes, according to the Skanda Purana, Vishnu did attack Veerabhadra but there was no special boon involved. I am guessing that the makers are trying to increase the drama, with Vishnu having to go up against Shiva because of the boon.

No, I don't think they are trying to show Daksha as 'trikal darshi'. I think Daksha asked for that boon because he still hasn't gotten over his grudge against Shiva and is thinking about how to defeat him and so he wanted to make sure that when he does come up with a plan to do so, he would have a way to make Vishnu fight for him rather than stop him like he did at the at swayamvar.

Speaking of Veerabhadra, I wonder if they will show him or have Shiva himself go on the rampage. I say this because when they showed the flashbacks of Brahma losing his fifth head (albeit in the form of silhouettes), not once was there a mention of Bhairava. So it makes me think they might go with Shiva himself rather than Veerabhadra when the time comes for Daksha to meet his fate.

Edited by Kal El - 10 April 2012 at 10:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish.shali

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by flamingo_aries

hey all...m new member to dis show...:)...my one of the many doubts is...according to some there are 2ganas  namely shiv gan and vishnu gan...then how cum  in kundalis there are written about 3ganas-dev gan,daitya gan,manushya gan..??

hope anybody would solve dis...
thanks in advancce...:)
Shiv-ganas & Vishnu-ganas are the one who are serving Shivji & Vishnuji.
Astrological ganas are different, they represent the temperament of the person & are given importance while matching the birth charts for marriage.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

romi21flamingo_aries

flamingo_aries IF-Dazzler
flamingo_aries
flamingo_aries

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:30am | IP Logged
thanks for the info.  as i  got confused b'tween the two...Smile

another doubt is - As we have seen bhadrakali's pic..shivji is lying at the floor with bhadrakali's foot on him...i didn't understand the significance of shivaji lying such way...

Edited by flamingo_aries - 11 April 2012 at 1:29am

mnx12

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by flamingo_aries

thanks for the info.  as i  got confused b'tween the two...Smile

another doubt is - As we have seen bhadrakali's pic..shivji is lying at the floor with bhadrakali's foot on him...i didn't understand the significance of shivaji lying such way...
Bhadrakaali is a milder form of Mahakali.
Mahakaali after killng the demons in the war, was unstopable. All the demons were killed by her, she still went ahead in her fearful form in search of more demons in the world. At that time to stop her Shivji lied down on her way. While walking ahead, she stepped on him, she looked down. Realising that is her husband, in a shocked expression her toungue came out from her mouth.
Then she came back to Parvati's form. This form with her toungue out with a garland of demon's head & a skirt of hands is considered to remove her devotees problems fast, that's why it is more popular. Otherwise Goddess Mahakali in her softer form is very beautiful & most compassionate towards her devotees. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

romi21flamingo_aries.Reshama.shali

MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

@Mithi-the Shiva Purana says Dakshas wife was Prasuti...but ya many other puranas etc state that he had two wifes,while one says his wifes name wasnt prasuti but something else!

Shruti, Matsya purana says this...Daksha married Panchanjani. (The more usual name, as given in the other Puranas, is Asikli or Prasuti. Prasuti is said to have been the daughter of Svayhambhuva Manu and Shatarupa. Asikli was the daughter of Virana and is also referred to as Vairini.)

So Matsya Purana says he had two wives. And God knows how many daughters! Ouch LOL

shali

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged
the shiv purana says its Prasuti...but yeah he had loads of Daughters!..he he!and ya more than a 1000 sons!

.Vrish.

Go to top