Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 65)

TimenTIMEagain Senior Member
TimenTIMEagain
TimenTIMEagain

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
I am having a doubt. When r they gonna show adishakthis powers ? The only time i ve seen sati use the power when she wanted to put the garland around shiv . In the original mytho does shakthi use powers during satis avataar ? ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Okay, did Vishnu ever promise Daksha a boon to support him whenever he needed it?  This is the first time I'm hearing of it.

From what I understand, the reason Vishnu supported Daksha, just like the Devas did, was that as one of the attendees of his yagna, he was duty bound to protect it.  That was his motivation - otherwise, that was the one occasion when what he did was against the precepts of dharm, and unsurprisingly, he got trounced by Virbhadra.  

But otherwise, I've never read about Vishnu giving Daksha any such boons.  Also, Daksha wasn't a trikal-darshi - how was he to know that later on, he would have a confrontation w/ Sati that would provoke a fight w/ Shiva for which he'd need Vishnu's help?
magicman555 Newbie
magicman555
magicman555

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 5:33am | IP Logged
hi

Excellent info guys, keep it up
MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Read somewhere that Daksha had another wife, named Panchajani. He had 24 daughters with Prasuti and 60 with Panchajani.
This Vijaya...I think she might be Panchajani's daughter, not Prasuti's.
MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged

After reading this...I'm more confused than ever. Confused http://www.dharmakshetra.com/avatars/Matsya%20Purans.html

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
@Vrish-as per the puranas no such thing happened...i guess the makers have put this in to maybe justify why Vishnu supported Daksh during the Yagya and not Shiva even though he holds Shiva in such a high regard
@Mithi-the Shiva Purana says Dakshas wife was Prasuti...but ya many other puranas etc state that he had two wifes,while one says his wifes name wasnt prasuti but something else!

MithiBani

akhl IF-Rockerz
akhl
akhl

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

From what I understand, the reason Vishnu supported Daksha, just like the Devas did, was that as one of the attendees of his yagna, he was duty bound to protect it.  That was his motivation

According to Bhagavatam, Vishnu and Brahma did not attend the yagna because they already knew such a thing would happen (as Shiva was not invited). Vishnu had one more reason for not attending the yagna - the yagna was being conducted to propitiate Vishnu.

After Veerabhadra and other Shiv ganas had trounced the yagna, then Brahma went to Shiva and calmed him down. Then Shiva came to the yagna and this time Brahma also came. However, Vishnu did not attend the yagna even this time being the Lord of the yagna. The yagna was completed and now Vishnu appeared on Garuda to bless everybody.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.varaalishali

flamingo_aries IF-Dazzler
flamingo_aries
flamingo_aries

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
hey all...m new member to dis show...:)...my one of the many doubts is...according to some there are 2ganas  namely shiv gan and vishnu gan...then how cum  in kundalis there are written about 3ganas-dev gan,daitya gan,manushya gan..??

hope anybody would solve dis...
thanks in advancce...:)

mnx12

Go to top