Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 55)

vanadhi IF-Dazzler
vanadhi
vanadhi

Posted: 12 March 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged
hai guys just found out an interesting fact about lord shiv and he is worshiped all around the earth ...
Who is the root cause for most of the religions which later modified according to time...
seems interesting thats why posted... nothing more than that.

since it talks about shivji i have posted sorry in advance ...if it was wrong!  

ya romi its a sensitive truth but here we are same community know?  mahadev ka community...Embarrassed LOL

Edited by vanadhi - 13 March 2012 at 8:51pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

romi21mnx12.Reshama.-Nymphadora-MithiBani

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
The five arrows shot by Kamadeva on Shiva ... 

have been actually listed by name in the Shiva Purana.

They are HarshaNa, Rochana, Mohana, ShoshaNa and MaraNa. The names are very suggestive and a little thinking on them reveals a lot of information. 

HarshaNa :   the first arrow discharged by Kamadeva, was supposed to make the 'victim' suddenly joyous, pleasantly surprised. A person should be first made to feel happy, (even for no apparent reason) if he was to be made to fall in love.

Rochana : means ' to create a desire'. Obviously this would be the aim of the next arrow shot.

Mohana :   This arrow when shot, would cause the 'victim' to become infatuated , to fall madly in love.

ShoshaNa :  If the first three arrows had been successful, this one causes the victim's logical thinking capacity to dry up, so that he continues to remain infatuated.

MaraNa :   Death, figuratively speaking. Loss of appetite, loss os senses, all the symptoms shown by lovelorn people.

These arrows were considered powerful enough to make even rishis succumb.

Clarification: The Shiva Purana only lists the names.I have tried to throw some light on them . If there are any errors in interpretation / translation I will be happy to be corrected.

Edited by varaali - 13 March 2012 at 2:45am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchromi21.Vrish.vanadhi.Reshama.shali-Nymphadora-

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
I too am pretty surprised to find out that Kama fired 5 arrows @ Shiva.  I thought that he fired just one arrow @ him, and that that was enough to raise Shiva's ire.

Shiva took a considerable amount of effort to recover from that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

romi21 Goldie
romi21
romi21

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 11:02am | IP Logged
No Vanadhi ...what you have posted is true infact from what i know it's more informative...but be careful it's very delicate topic which will not be acceptable by other community

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi.Reshama.-Nymphadora-

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by romi21

No Vanadhi ...what you have posted is true infact from what i know it's more informative...but be careful it's very delicate topic which will not be acceptable by other community
hi romi  Embarrassedcan u plz pm me the link Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

nishkala IF-Dazzler
nishkala
nishkala

Posted: 15 March 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aasthahere

I wanted to know did Lord Ganesh have any children??

and well I heard it sumwhere about the story in which Karthikeya and Ganesh had to take rounds of the earth...for marriage...Ganesh won ...and Karthikeya gave a sharaap ...is it true?? What was the sraap??And did Karthikeya marry after that or remained as a bachelor?

plz clear my confusion
thanx in advanceBig smile

In many traditions, Murugan(Kartikeya) is seen as a bachelor. Many of the major events in Murugan's life take place during his youth, and legends surrounding his birth are popular. This has encouraged the worship of Murugan as a child-God, very similar to the worship of the child Krishna in north India. Other traditions have him married to two wives, Valli and Deivayanai.

After the fight Kartikeya  was very angry and came down to Tiru Avinankudi(Foot of the Sivagiri hills),His father Shiva came to pacify him and told him that he himself was the fruitLOL(Since Kartikeya lost a fruit to Ganesha) of all wisdom and knowledge.Hence the place came to be known as Pazhani(Pazham nee in Tamil means you are the fruit).
Pazhani Malai or hill  has Muruga in the bachelor form and he is called as Dandayudhapani
Swami.

Varaali has already given the story ,you may refer that one .

Edited by nishkala - 15 March 2012 at 2:15am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12vanadhivaraali

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 15 March 2012 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Nishkala,

I had indeed writen about this  incident here
nishkala IF-Dazzler
nishkala
nishkala

Posted: 15 March 2012 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Nishkala,

I had indeed writen about this  incident here

Oh dear...I missed it,extremely sorry,SmileI will edit my post and ask the person who has put up the query to read your post,I will read it too.Thank you

Go to top