Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 25)

Post Reply New Post

Page 25 of 149

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

Story of Nandi

http://www.godandguru.com/shiv-puran/chapter-35.html 

There was a sage named Shilada. He once saw that his ancestors were being tortured in hell. When he tried to find out why this was so, he was told that htis was because Shilada did not yet have a son.

To obtain a son, Shilada began to pray to Shiva. He prayed for a thousand years. At the end of the tapasya, Shiva appeared and offered to grant Shilada a boon. Shilada wanted the boon that he might have a virtuous son.

A few days later, when Shilada was ploughing the land, he discovered a baby boy on the blade of theplough. The boy was as bright as the sun and the fire. Shilada was frightened and started to run away. But the boy called after him, Father, stop. Father, stop, A voice was then heard from the sky.

This voice told Shilada that this was the son he had wanted. Since this son would make everyone happy, he was to be named Nandi.

Shilada brought nandi home to his mermitage. He taught his son the Vedas, the arts of the medicine and fighting, dancing and singing and several other sacred texts. All this Nandi mastered within fifteen days.

When nandi was seven years old, two powerful sages arrived in Shilada's hermitage. Their names were Mitra and Varuna. Shilada worshipped them and presented Nandi before them. The sages blessed Nandi with the words, Be learned, be faithful to your teacher.

Shilada said, Sages, why didn't you bless my son with a long life?

We couldn't, replied the sages. Your son is going to die when he is eight years old. That is written in his stars.

Shilada was crestfallen to hear this, but Nandi consoled his father. He promised his father that he would do something so tha this fate would have to be rewritten. He would pray to Shiva. And when he met Shiva, he would ask of him a boon.

Meeting Shiva, exclaimed Shilada. I had to meditate for a thousand years before I could get to meet Shiva. How do you expect to meet Shiva in the one year tha tis left to you?'

Wait and see, father, replied Nandi. Shiva is difficult to meet if you only perform tapasya or thirst for knowledge. The secret lies in faith and devotion. I will manage.

There is a river named Bhuvana. Nandi entered this river and began underwater prayers to Shiva . His efforts pleased Shiva so much that Shiva appeared before him.

What boon do you want? asked Shiva.

Please grant me the boon that I may be devote to you, replied Nandi. I don't want to be born become old and die.

Shiva granted Nandi the boon tha the and his father would get to live in Shiva's residence in Shivaloka. Shiva's companions are known as ?ganas. Shiva made Nandi ganapati, the chief of the ganas and retained him as a perpetu ? companion. Shiva also gave Nandi a wonderful garland to wear.

As soon as he put this garland on, Nandi became resplendent with three eyes and ten hands.

Edited by mnx12 - 17 January 2012 at 11:46pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

neetukkarimaanaashiLifeallura_gReenheaRt_Intrepida.Reshama.deboleena.mannashaliMithiBani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 25)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

allura

allura

Posted: 18 January 2012 at 3:42am | IP Logged
@mnx12-you know Nandi's birth is almost like Sita's birth in ramayan
king janak also found sita near the blade of the plough
and their was akashvani dat her name should kept as sita as she was born like that.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aashiLifemnx12deboleena.mannasankalp_prapti

sankalp_prapti

IF-Sizzlerz

sankalp_prapti

Posted: 18 January 2012 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Guys i have a doubt..what is it about the RangRaj n stuff???
I have no clue what that meant..plz enlighten

Regards

Sia

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 19 January 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Killer_Shark

Guys i have a doubt..what is it about the RangRaj n stuff???
I have no clue what that meant..plz enlighten

Regards

Sia

The name Rangaraj is Sanskrit in origin and its meaning is king of color, or lord of the arena.
Here he may be someone creating different colours.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

deboleena.manna.Reshama.

Aasthahere

IF-Rockerz

Aasthahere

Posted: 19 January 2012 at 4:18am | IP Logged
guys I have a question
I heard somewhere that once Daksh performed a yagya and then... he insulted shiv in some way...Sati couldnot bear his insult and jumped into the fire
Well now the question is we are being shown the love story of sati and shiv so then will they show us  about sati's jumping into the fire and then later the story b/w shiv and parvatiErmm

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 19 January 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aasthahere

guys I have a question
I heard somewhere that once Daksh performed a yagya and then... he insulted shiv in some way...Sati couldnot bear his insult and jumped into the fire
Well now the question is we are being shown the love story of sati and shiv so then will they show us  about sati's jumping into the fire and then later the story b/w shiv and parvatiErmm
Aashu!!!!Chottiii!!!!!!..how are you...so long..
ok ans to you're q...i guess that will take time,since Sati hasnt married shiv yet,and lot of events occur between the self immolation,and Satis rebirth as Parvati..so i guess we have to wait and watch!

.Vrish.deboleena.manna.Reshama.shali

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 21 January 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Is this true that Shiva only had the snake around His neck after Sati's self-immolation (as mentioned by one of the other forum member in couple of threads - thought this thread would be the best place to discuss about & to get responses)? If so then why are showing it now? Is this due to lack of research?

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 22 January 2012 at 1:55am | IP Logged
One person questioned about Shiv Linga existing before Sati and Shivas marrigae..
for general information here is the answer!
The most popular form of worshipping Lord Shiva in Hinduism is in the Linga form. It is known as Shivling or Shivalinga. The Linga symbol is an attempt to give form to the formless, referred as Supreme Being or Brahman in Hindu religion. When a Linga is installed on a Yoni, it represents the union of Shiva and Shakti the beginning of creation.
Puranas and Epics in Hinduism narrate in detail why Shiva is worshipped in the form of linga. It is said that the Supreme Being appeared before Lord Brahma and Vishnu in the form of a 'pillar of fire', which had no end and beginning. It is one among the many symbols of Brahman. There are numerous other incidents in the Puranas including the famous Deodar forest incident in which the wives of saints are attracted to Shiva and he castrates himself and leaves the Linga on earth as his symbol.
who article

aashiLifebharat9deboleena.mannashali

Post Reply New Post

Go to top