Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 146)

Post Reply New Post

Page 146 of 149

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic8219

What version of ashok sundari's story did dkdm go with because according to padma purana it was like this:

102. Asokasundari Is Born1280
103. Asokasundari Is Saved and Ayu Gets Boon1286
104. Indumati's Dream1295
105. Nahusa is Born1297
106. Indumati's Lamentations on the Loss of Her Child1301
107. Narada Assures of Nahusa's Return1302
108. Vasisstha's Instruction to Nahusa1303
109. Vidvara, a Kinnara, Dispels Askokasundari's Apprehensions1306
110. Nahusa Gets Divine Weapons from Gods1310
111. Nahusa Enters Mahodaya, the City of Hunda1311
112. Asokasundari has a Glimpse of Nahusa1312
113. Rambha Acts as Asokasundari's Messenger1313
114. The Fight between Nahusa and Hunda Starts1316
115. Hunda is Killed in the Battle1318
116. Nahusa Marries Asokasundari1321
117. Nahusa's Consecration

DKDM went with the story thats very famous across the northern regions around kailash and himalayas...it also finds mention in a script of that area tat dates back to some 1 B.C...this script is not made public (atleast, i dunno if they have as yet) and is still being read and searched by historians...i have no idea how they got hold of it...but till now, it is regarded as the most accurate story by historians!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sairam90myedward12vanadhiangelic8219

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 146)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sairam90

sairam90

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged
I had asked this question but no one had answered yet.

I want to know that why there is Turtle [Kuchaap] in Lord Shiva's temple.??

Whenever we go to temple,there are Nandi & then Turtle in strait of Shiv-Ling.

Why we worship Nandi & Turtle?

Yes, I know Nandi is important part of Mahadev's  life but why Turtle also?

Is there any story related to Turtle also  !!

Can anyone tell me in deeply?

Thanks for your help.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 12 March 2013 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Sorry, I saw this just now.

I am not aware of any specific story relating to Turtle and Shiva except this one-

In Kanchipuram (where Shiva is worshiped as the "earth element") there is a temple for Shiva where he is called Kachchapeshwar i.e One who was worshiped by Kachapa. The legend of this temple is that when Lord Vishnu took the form of Kurma (during the Samudra Manthan), he prayed to Shiva to help him in the process.

Apart form this, the Turtle has enormous significance in yoga. it is beleived that just as a tortoise can withdraw all its limbs into its shell and remain unaffected, similarly a devotee should also closeall his external sense organs and concentrate on the mind alone. 

The tortoise in also known for its slow breathing technique and its long life. 

Edited by varaali - 12 March 2013 at 4:38am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DialaProud-India

HaremSultan

IF-Rockerz

HaremSultan

Posted: 12 March 2013 at 7:01am | IP Logged
why ganga never did penance to see shiva?
it is stated that every person who wants to see shiva or wants to have his kripa on him have to do penance.even adi shakti herself had to do penance,then how ganga so easily got into shiva's jatas?Confused
just curious to know,my mom said shiva is pure,so pure that a person without a pure heart can never get him.

MahadevBhakt1

MahadevBhakt1

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 1:05am | IP Logged

Hi,

I am more confused about what this show is telling. Adding to it...
Lord Vishnu incarnated as Shri Ram at sati's time(when mata sati was alive) & slayed dashanan Ravana. After thousands of years, Aadishakti reborn as parvati & got married to Mahadev. Now this show is showing us that the same dashanan ravan who was slayed by Shri Ram thousands of years ago has made bhavan for Lord Shiva & his family. From where ravana has appeared again? Can any one answer to my question please...
Thanks & Regards

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MahadevBhakt1

Hi,

I am more confused about what this show is telling. Adding to it...
Lord Vishnu incarnated as Shri Ram at sati's time(when mata sati was alive) & slayed dashanan Ravana. After thousands of years, Aadishakti reborn as parvati & got married to Mahadev. Now this show is showing us that the same dashanan ravan who was slayed by Shri Ram thousands of years ago has made bhavan for Lord Shiva & his family. From where ravana has appeared again? Can any one answer to my question please...
Thanks & Regards
Sati was shown time travelling in future to test Ram, as they both existed in different Yugas. Was shown suffering for that deed in present by the makers., where as Ram is yet to take birth in the show. Some stories in Puranas are added later on , which doesn't have logical connection with the main story, but is accepted by some because it is written in Puranas. This is one such story. Some even say this Sati was from another Kalpa, but why did this Kalpa's Sati has to suffer for other Kalpa's Sati. Some questions doen't have logical explanation to them, sati testing Ram is one such story.

sairam90-Celestial-

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Time travel in that age Shocked Our ancestors must have been very imaginative

sairam90wildcat1994

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged
^^^^^ It was not imagination. It must have happened in reality.

Even now, in today's world we hear about yogis performing seemingly impossible tasks by the strength of their yogic powers.

sairam90Mithuu

Post Reply New Post

Go to top