Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 143)

Post Reply New Post

Page 143 of 149

.Reshama.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Reshama.

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 7:30am | IP Logged
are there any other of mytho forums???

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 143)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

hey meenakshi..can u explain this in detail..for i hven't i hrd this story b4 n m utterly confused about his GOLOKA theory...thanks!!!!
Read Ganesh Purana, this concept is explained in detail. Even Devi Bhagvat, mentions, Radhaji is living with Krishna forever in Goloka, this is even before the Krishna avatar.Parvati did Punyak Vrat to get a son that pleased Krishna, as a result Ganesh was born.

magicman555

magicman555

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know how was the relationship between Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikeya.  were they cordial with each other or did kartikeya distance himself from the family

ThanksSmileSmileSmile

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 5:52am | IP Logged
as can be seen in d show currently..kartikeya loved his parents  n family bt was always a lil egoistic n used to fight wid ganesh despite loving him...just lyk hw 2 sis may continuously fight bt in they end wen trouble falls r always 2gether..tats hw ganesh nd kartikeya were...they would fight bt at the end of d day wuld land up 2gether!!!!

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by magicman555

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know how was the relationship between Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikeya.  were they cordial with each other or did kartikeya distance himself from the family

ThanksSmileSmileSmile

I am not sure how Kartikeya's relationship is depicted in the North Indian sources, but I can surely tell you how Tamil literature describes the brothers' relationship.

First of all, down South, Kartikeya is the younger brother and Ganesha the elder one. So there is a reversal of roles. OTOH, I can recollect three incidents which shed light on the brothers' relationship.

First is the circumambulation of the Earth- in which Ganesh is declared the winner. In the Tamil sources, this incident takes place when they were still children and the reason for holding the competition was to determine who would get to eat the mango that Narada had brought and offered to Shiva. Kartikeya is rather miffed that his parents' agreed with Ganesh's 'shortcut' parikrama.

Kartikeya's anger is more against his parents' than his brother. But as far as I have read, it is the sulking and disappointment of a young child- not the vindictiveness of a teenager as being shown in the serial. In fact Parvati goes on to cajole Murugan.

The second incident where we get to see both of them is just before the war with Surapadman when Kartikeya prostrates before Vinayaka and seeks his elder brothers' blessings before starting out (since Ganesha is considered Vignaharta- remover of all obstacles). 

The third and  most famous incident is when Murugan tries to woo Valli but runs into one problem after another. Getting frustrated, Kartikeya mentally invokes Ganesha to come and help him out. 
and Ganesha immediately responds (what are elder brothers for, if not solve their siblings' problems?) by appearing as a huge wild elephant. 

(I had written about Murugan- Valli romance somewhere- not able to locate it right now)

Apart from these Puranic accounts, there are several description by poets and saints describing the quaint, sometimes amusing, activities of Ganesh- Kartik.

Edited by varaali - 09 January 2013 at 10:29pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shanta71wildcat1994Diala.Vrish.

tamannauf

tamannauf

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 4:47am | IP Logged
thank you

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Actually even i was confused as i had always known that Murugan is younger than Lord Ganesha and Ganesha is the elder brother. And the current track which i know was also a fruit given by Narathar to Lord Shiva and with both of them wanting the fruit, Lord Shiva decided that the first to go around the world will win the fruit to which Murugan leaves on his peacock while Lord Ganesha goes around his parents. Lord Murugan who returns is angry and goes to the top of a mountain to which Parvathi goes to cool him down. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

nilakhan11

nilakhan11

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 2:37am | IP Logged
thank you for post

Post Reply New Post

Go to top