Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

   

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 142)

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008
Posts: 21190

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Oh, I understand that, but I was talking about that thread which she created in the JJMD forum. LOL

Actually, when I launched this, the interest in this serial seemed to revolve more around Mouni than anyone else, so I expected very little mytho centric activity in this forum.  That changed during Daksha's yagna, and since then, most of the topics created are about the real events, making this more of a miscellaneous thread LOL

Let's see how the JJMD serial develops.  Due to the unknown actors there, I think that too will be more mytho centric.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Joined: 02 August 2010
Posts: 16362

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
@shruti there is a lot to be discussed in Devi's various forms. Her strories of all those forms have a good scope, but it depends on the show & members.
@Vrish, it should be sticky soon, have done what is needed for that.
DKDM's Suryadev & Lakshmi is already part of it along with Bhrigu, it seems those actors will be shuttling between 2 sets.LOL

Edited by mnx12 - 21 December 2012 at 11:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008
Posts: 21190

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
I have a question.  In the serial, Vinayak's head is shown reduced to ashes by Mahadev's trishul.

But do any of the original scriptures have it that the head was actually destroyed, and therefore unusable?  In Daksha's case, his head was thrown into the fire.  But in Vinayak's case, I don't recall ever reading about the head actually being destroyed - it was just severed from the body.

In which case, it begs the question - what is it that prevented Vinayak's original head being used for the restoration of Ganapati Bappa?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.

wildcat1994 Senior Member
wildcat1994
wildcat1994

Joined: 12 April 2011
Posts: 367

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I have a question.  In the serial, Vinayak's head is shown reduced to ashes by Mahadev's trishul.

But do any of the original scriptures have it that the head was actually destroyed, and therefore unusable?  In Daksha's case, his head was thrown into the fire.  But in Vinayak's case, I don't recall ever reading about the head actually being destroyed - it was just severed from the body.

In which case, it begs the question - what is it that prevented Vinayak's original head being used for the restoration of Ganapati Bappa?

its true that Ganesh's head was destroyed...this is the reason y an elephant's head was used to revive ganesh...it is mentioned in the scriptures as far as i know...the one which i read said that ganesh's head was burned so tremendously that it was reduced to ashes even b4 any1 could see ganesh's head burning...
peridot. Senior Member
peridot.
peridot.

Joined: 28 February 2009
Posts: 659

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
I have a querry. In the serial Shivji has been shown to be ataryami -- that is he knows the future events before they occur. How is it tat he did not know that vinayak was his son while he fought with him and beheaded him?
mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Joined: 02 August 2010
Posts: 16362

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Vrish,
according to Ganesh Puran, Paravti's Punyak vrat to get a son was to please Krishna, who always resides in Goloka. Here it's Shani's dristi, the reason for Ganesh's head getting cut. He was not beheaded by Shivji, it is mentioned the moment Shani saw the child, his head was cut off from the body. It merged in Krishna in Goloka. That's why head couldn't be replaced. Other part of the body was alive that's why replacing head was possible.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Joined: 02 August 2010
Posts: 16362

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _twilight_

I have a querry. In the serial Shivji has been shown to be ataryami -- that is he knows the future events before they occur. How is it tat he did not know that vinayak was his son while he fought with him and beheaded him?
Shivji is shown as being aware of Vinayak, as his son. He knew, as per rishi Kashyap's curse he'll be killing his own son.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot..Vrish.

wildcat1994 Senior Member
wildcat1994
wildcat1994

Joined: 12 April 2011
Posts: 367

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Vrish,
according to Ganesh Puran, Paravti's Punyak vrat to get a son was to please Krishna, who always resides in Goloka. Here it's Shani's dristi, the reason for Ganesh's head getting cut. He was not beheaded by Shivji, it is mentioned the moment Shani saw the child, his head was cut off from the body. It merged in Krishna in Goloka. That's why head couldn't be replaced. Other part of the body was alive that's why replacing head was possible.

hey meenakshi..can u explain this in detail..for i hven't i hrd this story b4 n m utterly confused about his GOLOKA theory...thanks!!!!


Edited by wildcat1994 - 03 January 2013 at 11:57pm

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Narmada- Shiva's daughter

Author: natv   Replies: 4   Views: 1335

natv 4 1335 14 April 2013 at 6:17am by natv
Siva Tattva - The Reality of Shiva ( simplified)

Author: Shakti_Shiva   Replies: 2   Views: 1095

Shakti_Shiva 2 1095 22 March 2013 at 11:36am by Shakti_Shiva
Shiva will be back to being anasakta?

Author: Shakti_Shiva   Replies: 6   Views: 601

Shakti_Shiva 6 601 21 March 2013 at 4:20am by Sandytatsme
Lord Bramha = Lord Vishnu = Mahadev

2

Author: Kanu007   Replies: 11   Views: 1668

Kanu007 11 1668 25 July 2012 at 5:25am by Arnav90
WHy ws Lord Bramha cursed by Lord Shiva?

2 3

Author: snehalS   Replies: 16   Views: 65345

snehalS 16 65345 28 December 2011 at 5:31am by eternity_of_luv

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index