Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 142)

Post Reply New Post

Page 142 of 149

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Oh, I understand that, but I was talking about that thread which she created in the JJMD forum. LOL

Actually, when I launched this, the interest in this serial seemed to revolve more around Mouni than anyone else, so I expected very little mytho centric activity in this forum.  That changed during Daksha's yagna, and since then, most of the topics created are about the real events, making this more of a miscellaneous thread LOL

Let's see how the JJMD serial develops.  Due to the unknown actors there, I think that too will be more mytho centric.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 142)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
@shruti there is a lot to be discussed in Devi's various forms. Her strories of all those forms have a good scope, but it depends on the show & members.
@Vrish, it should be sticky soon, have done what is needed for that.
DKDM's Suryadev & Lakshmi is already part of it along with Bhrigu, it seems those actors will be shuttling between 2 sets.LOL

Edited by mnx12 - 21 December 2012 at 11:35pm

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
I have a question.  In the serial, Vinayak's head is shown reduced to ashes by Mahadev's trishul.

But do any of the original scriptures have it that the head was actually destroyed, and therefore unusable?  In Daksha's case, his head was thrown into the fire.  But in Vinayak's case, I don't recall ever reading about the head actually being destroyed - it was just severed from the body.

In which case, it begs the question - what is it that prevented Vinayak's original head being used for the restoration of Ganapati Bappa?

peridot.

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I have a question.  In the serial, Vinayak's head is shown reduced to ashes by Mahadev's trishul.

But do any of the original scriptures have it that the head was actually destroyed, and therefore unusable?  In Daksha's case, his head was thrown into the fire.  But in Vinayak's case, I don't recall ever reading about the head actually being destroyed - it was just severed from the body.

In which case, it begs the question - what is it that prevented Vinayak's original head being used for the restoration of Ganapati Bappa?

its true that Ganesh's head was destroyed...this is the reason y an elephant's head was used to revive ganesh...it is mentioned in the scriptures as far as i know...the one which i read said that ganesh's head was burned so tremendously that it was reduced to ashes even b4 any1 could see ganesh's head burning...

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
I have a querry. In the serial Shivji has been shown to be ataryami -- that is he knows the future events before they occur. How is it tat he did not know that vinayak was his son while he fought with him and beheaded him?

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Vrish,
according to Ganesh Puran, Paravti's Punyak vrat to get a son was to please Krishna, who always resides in Goloka. Here it's Shani's dristi, the reason for Ganesh's head getting cut. He was not beheaded by Shivji, it is mentioned the moment Shani saw the child, his head was cut off from the body. It merged in Krishna in Goloka. That's why head couldn't be replaced. Other part of the body was alive that's why replacing head was possible.

.Vrish.

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _twilight_

I have a querry. In the serial Shivji has been shown to be ataryami -- that is he knows the future events before they occur. How is it tat he did not know that vinayak was his son while he fought with him and beheaded him?
Shivji is shown as being aware of Vinayak, as his son. He knew, as per rishi Kashyap's curse he'll be killing his own son.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot..Vrish.

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Vrish,
according to Ganesh Puran, Paravti's Punyak vrat to get a son was to please Krishna, who always resides in Goloka. Here it's Shani's dristi, the reason for Ganesh's head getting cut. He was not beheaded by Shivji, it is mentioned the moment Shani saw the child, his head was cut off from the body. It merged in Krishna in Goloka. That's why head couldn't be replaced. Other part of the body was alive that's why replacing head was possible.

hey meenakshi..can u explain this in detail..for i hven't i hrd this story b4 n m utterly confused about his GOLOKA theory...thanks!!!!

Edited by wildcat1994 - 03 January 2013 at 11:57pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top