Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 135)

Post Reply New Post

Page 135 of 149

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged
i am aware of d yuga theory...but i m 100% sure that v r still in d 1st KALPA...so the theory does nt apply my question...bt nyways 4get it...i doubt ny1 except GOD can answer my question!!!!!!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 135)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jas_maaneet

Groupbie

jas_maaneet

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by jas_maaneet

In todays episode Mahadev said ke koi doosra vardan maag lo kyo na main tume 'mardavi' hone ka vardan de doon.

What does Mardavi mean.

Thank you in advance
He said Medhavi- being very intelligent & learned.
Thank you

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
okey a question from my side
after Mahadev has a "thing" with Mohini-some say he fell in Love with her etc
did he do anything to make it up to his wife?
and despite this why is he worshipped as an "ideal" husband?

.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Mahadev did not have a thing or fling with Mohini.LOL

Their marraige was essential b'cos Mahishi (the sister of Mahishasur) was tormenting the three worlds and had got the vardan that she would be killed only by the son of Shiva-Vishnu (she thought she had outwitted Brahma)

Hence Mahadev's thing/ fling with Mohini was for "jagatkalyan" (Mahadev's favourite word)

.Vrish.

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:47am | IP Logged
jagat kalyaan understoodLOL...but do all the romantisised versions of the event have any truth in them...as in which version of this story can be belived,beacuse this one story has been interpreted in many ways

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by shruti.nil

Mahadev did not have a thing or fling with Mohini.LOL

Their marraige was essential b'cos Mahishi (the sister of Mahishasur) was tormenting the three worlds and had got the vardan that she would be killed only by the son of Shiva-Vishnu (she thought she had outwitted Brahma)

Hence Mahadev's thing/ fling with Mohini was for "jagatkalyan" (Mahadev's favourite word)

Did they actually marry, or was Manikanthan produced out of wedlock?  Don't be offended by this question

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged
^^^^ Ummm...by 'marriage' if you mean the garlanding, the fire circling, sidelong glances and blushes, tearful farewells, welcoming aartis, upturning rice-pots... and then waiting for a Maha episode to ...well...er...do the needful...

...No. I don't think Hara and Hari bothered to go through the whole rigmarole...LOL.They just got the job done. It can be considered a Gandharva Vivaha.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pratiksha28.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Oh, ok.  By marriage, I meant any of the techniques - Gandharva vivaha, Rakshasha vivaha and so on (I forget the ones).  So Mohini was actually married to Shiva?

After they're done w/ the samudra manthan track, they should show Mahishi doing her war of revenge, and then the Ayappa story.  But they're mixing too many things - how do they show Minakshi & Tripur at the same time?  Former happened in Kalyug, whereas the latter happened in Satya Yuga, or maybe latest Treta Yuga.

varaali

Post Reply New Post

Go to top