Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Sorry, I saw this just now.

I am not aware of any specific story relating to Turtle and Shiva except this one-

In Kanchipuram (where Shiva is worshiped as the "earth element") there is a temple for Shiva where he is called Kachchapeshwar i.e One who was worshiped by Kachapa. The legend of this temple is that when Lord Vishnu took the form of Kurma (during the Samudra Manthan), he prayed to Shiva to help him in the process.

Apart form this, the Turtle has enormous significance in yoga. it is beleived that just as a tortoise can withdraw all its limbs into its shell and remain unaffected, similarly a devotee should also closeall his external sense organs and concentrate on the mind alone. 

The tortoise in also known for its slow breathing technique and its long life. 
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
why ganga never did penance to see shiva?
it is stated that every person who wants to see shiva or wants to have his kripa on him have to do penance.even adi shakti herself had to do penance,then how ganga so easily got into shiva's jatas?😕
just curious to know,my mom said shiva is pure,so pure that a person without a pure heart can never get him.
MahadevBhakt1 thumbnail

Hi,

I am more confused about what this show is telling. Adding to it...
Lord Vishnu incarnated as Shri Ram at sati's time(when mata sati was alive) & slayed dashanan Ravana. After thousands of years, Aadishakti reborn as parvati & got married to Mahadev. Now this show is showing us that the same dashanan ravan who was slayed by Shri Ram thousands of years ago has made bhavan for Lord Shiva & his family. From where ravana has appeared again? Can any one answer to my question please...
Thanks & Regards
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: MahadevBhakt1

Hi,

I am more confused about what this show is telling. Adding to it...
Lord Vishnu incarnated as Shri Ram at sati's time(when mata sati was alive) & slayed dashanan Ravana. After thousands of years, Aadishakti reborn as parvati & got married to Mahadev. Now this show is showing us that the same dashanan ravan who was slayed by Shri Ram thousands of years ago has made bhavan for Lord Shiva & his family. From where ravana has appeared again? Can any one answer to my question please...
Thanks & Regards

Sati was shown time travelling in future to test Ram, as they both existed in different Yugas. Was shown suffering for that deed in present by the makers., where as Ram is yet to take birth in the show. Some stories in Puranas are added later on , which doesn't have logical connection with the main story, but is accepted by some because it is written in Puranas. This is one such story. Some even say this Sati was from another Kalpa, but why did this Kalpa's Sati has to suffer for other Kalpa's Sati. Some questions doen't have logical explanation to them, sati testing Ram is one such story.

Time travel in that age 😲 Our ancestors must have been very imaginative
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^^^^^ It was not imagination. It must have happened in reality.

Even now, in today's world we hear about yogis performing seemingly impossible tasks by the strength of their yogic powers.
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey guys..what is this mahashtru story? any guesses plz...???
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wildcat

This thread About Jalandhar in Shiv Puran has all the stories about Jalandhar.  I think the reason they are describing him as Shiva's greatest enemy is that he was born out of Shiva's power himself, and so was a much more formidable adversary than the likes of Bhimasura, Vidyunmali, Andhakasura, and so on.
Savi_S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i hv a question...
plz enlighten me...

is ashok sunadari also worshipped as ganesh n kartikey?
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nope...ashoksundari is not very well known n is worshipped in only few areas of the north...mostly near kailash areas, elsewhere she's just a part of stories!!!