Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 109

wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
well, i m aware of tat tale too n m nt sure if its true or nt bt ASHOKSUNDARI is nt nywhr in puranas, n it was customary in those days to name gods and goddesses on the basis of the wrk they did...so it is possible tat parvati may have more than 1 name n nt all r her births bt d 108 births of parvati are true i.e if u believe folklores...i know tis cause i hv hrd stories as a child myself...even my grandama used to say tat parvati was born 100 times to help the gods (Indra dev was habituated to doing mistakes n parvati had to amend them since she was JAGATMATA...so it is possible tat she took birth 108 times...)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: wildcat1994

well, i m aware of tat tale too n m nt sure if its true or nt bt ASHOKSUNDARI is nt nywhr in puranas, n it was customary in those days to name gods and goddesses on the basis of the wrk they did...so it is possible tat parvati may have more than 1 name n nt all r her births bt d 108 births of parvati are true i.e if u believe folklores...i know tis cause i hv hrd stories as a child myself...even my grandama used to say tat parvati was born 100 times to help the gods (Indra dev was habituated to doing mistakes n parvati had to amend them since she was JAGATMATA...so it is possible tat she took birth 108 times...)

I think you need to differentiate b/w manifestation and birth. 

As Goddess Shakti, she had had to manifest several times, according to the needs and requirements of the situation e.g- Durga, Lalitha, Kamakshi,etc. This cannot be regarded as her 'births'

By birth, we mean Her appearance in a human form to a specific set of parents e.g- Meenakshi. 

I don't think there are 108 such 'births' - because as Minakshi (the moderator) has said, there are no such records / legends

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
Joyel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I even confuse the word megastar and superstar as they are synonymous or interrelated.I hope there is no difference in it.Comming to the topic,in devimahatmiyam shakthi tells that Brahma is the creator,Vishnu is the lord of the lords and Shiva is the greatest god.Meantime,both lord of the lords and greatest god are having the same meaning.Are both of them vishnu and shiva the powerful gods having the same qualities and vishnu can also be called as devokadeva if the phrase is true.yesterday parvati visioned the samudramanthan in advance,so parvati is also a trikaladarshi.Both vishnu and lakshmi expected the curse given by durvasa in advance,so vishnu and lakshmi also trikaladarshis.My ? is how many trikaladarshis in hinduism other than mahadev?

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Regarding who is greatest among all, the answer may vary as their believers consider whom they pray as the supreme. But Mahadev is refered to as Devadhi Dev. The Samudra Manthan story shows why he is so important. As varaali has mentioned in other thread, he had Halahal so that others can enjoy Amrit.
The ultimate aim of a soul, is to the attain the Supreme Consciousness. One can take whatever name, path as per their karma, surrounding, family, destiny, the final goal is the same.
Regarding Trikaldarshis, all  the Gods & Goddess, know past, present future. Some rishis too were capable of seeing them upto certain extent.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail
@varaali...tats wat i m sayin her manifestations r nt her births...bt she was born 108 times...sati, parvati, meenakshi are just sum of her births...she is shakti or adi-shakti...tats manifestation...n  Mahalakshmi, Mahasaraswati, Mahakali are
also her births...n since she is d main energy tat enables creation and destruction...she is born in different forms to help d gods...try searching about adi-parashakti...u'll know about all her biths, forms and manifestations...
mnx12 thumbnail
^^^You ar mixing up 2 things. It is said Shivji wears a Rudraksh mala of 108 beads, each Rudraksh for Each birth of Paravti, in all her previous births she failed to achive Shivji. This 108 births myth is for Shivji's wife, these were the births where her life is already ended.
This can not be said for MahaKali, MahaLakshmi, MahaSaraswati, they are the main Trigunatmaka powers. MahaKali is MahaKal's consort, she existed even before the craetion & will play her role at the end too. Saraswati is Brhma's &  Lakshmi is Vishnu's consort, they still exists & they have never tryed to achieve Shivji.
Even as 10 Mahavidyas, Goddess Aadi Shakti takes various forms like Tara, Dhummavati, Chinnmasta, Matangi, Bhuvaneshwari, Balgala etc to accomplish various taks, they all exists, have not ended their life.

Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail
the 108 rudraksh beads theory is new to me...i haven't hrd such story b4...n i m tellin u wat my grandma told me...so its okay...n thnks by d way...i'll search abt this bead theory n let u know!!!!
wildcat1994 thumbnail
n by d way... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!
mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: wildcat1994

the 108 rudraksh beads theory is new to me...i haven't hrd such story b4...n i m tellin u wat my grandma told me...so its okay...n thnks by d way...i'll search abt this bead theory n let u know!!!!

This was posted in this forum earlier but it's highly possible it can be a myth, simillar to this 108 birth of Aadi Shakti. 
wildcat1994 thumbnail
@mnx12...u wer rit, i misunderstood my grandma...while searching 4 d 108 births theory, i came across the teej mata story of rajasthan...strange tat being a rajasthani i was nt aware of it...thanks 4 enlightning me!!!! n yes, sati was born 107 tyms b4 bt was unable to get shiva...it was only in her 108th birth as parvati tat she won him..