Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: .Reshama.

Why did Shivji offended Parvati for her dark complexion.. how can he do this to his wife..if she was dark and he find it so funny..why didi he married her in the first place!! What example is he showin to us..am so dissapointed ...to end this drama Parvati did tapasya to get a light skin colour..didnt Shivji felt sorry for her..our acknowlegde his mistake...😒

Originally posted by: mnx12

DSS has a different story. When all the rishis & Devatas prayed to Devi Shakti to protect them from Shumb & Nishumbh, Parvati came there she asked them whom are you praying? At that time Durgama appeared from her, saying they are praying to me. She was fair. After she appeared  Parvati's skin turned dark, that's why she was called Kaushiki. Seeing her turning dark, Parvati went for penance. As a result of the penance she turned fair again.

Minu what i remember from Saptasati, shivji was teasing parvati for her dark skin pointing out at the oncoming apsaras(maybe intentionally). SO parvtai would do heavy penace and release all her dark skins and become fair. These dark skin cells formed devi kaushiki who is dark and dangerous. When the devas were praying to Shakti to deliver them from shumbh and nisumb, they came across parvati roaming around kailasha or parvati was roaming around kailasha and encountered them( don't remember). On hearing their plea, she said, oh This is so simple. I gave birth to devi Kaushiki, who is extemely strong and extremely beautiful and she will kill shumbh nishumb for you.

This Is the devi who  will set out for killing shumb Nishumb. First the asuras will send two of their strongest generals, chanda and munda. They will come running to her and will give loud war cries. On seeing this, kaushiki would raise her eyebrows( for the lack of better word, the sanskrit is brhukunchan, i could not locate the exact english) and from there will come out kali. She is horrible, dressed in tiger skin, with skulls adoring her  neck. You all know this part. After killing chanda and munda, kali came to be known as chamunda. 
During kalipuja some places worship her as chamunda, Its the most frightening Goddess  Idol i have ever seen and that is coming from a kali worshipper. 

Btw: have you guys ever wondered, so many Gods an Goddesses in India are actually dark skinned, or tan skinned or bluish  skinned? Inspite of the fair aryans, they did not change this and actually encouraged worship and appreciating of dark skinned goddess and gods and people. Even draupadi  was super dark. But what the aryans did not do 4000 years back, 20 years of Tv have done that. I am yet to see a tv ram or krishna who is actually dark skinned or tan skinned and not forcibly painted horrible blue for a couple of special scenes?
Also this shumb Nishubh badh appears when devi comes as mahasaraswati roop. Inspite of that, the devi's skin color is actually dark. What a contrast to what they show.
 Also I am yet to see a kali roop where the Goddess doesn't have a plastic tongue hanging in front of her mouth? Maybe in a Jai Maa Kali when it happens.
Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
-SilverFlames- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I read somewhere that when Mata Parvati was young she used to have bad dreams about a burning woman and each night she would scream and awake before she could see Mahadev or Mata Sati's face. 
She was well into her young adult ages until Rishimunni Naraad said to her that without getting scared try and stay asleep till you see what happens and all your answers will be answered?! How true is that? 

Also, another story I remember was of young child Mata Parvati possibly at the age of 8 or so. Raja Himavat organised a clay statue making between his daughters. They were all older then Mata Parvati and made beautiful statues of fruit bowls, mansions. Mata Parvati being inexperienced and young didn't have a clue what to do and her father said just close your eyes and use you hands to make whatever comes to mind. 
Within a short while Mata Parvati had made a statue of Mahadev leaving everyone stunned because Mata Parvati had never seen him! Is that also true? 

Edited by -SilverFlames- - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Tan,
From DSS,
Evam stavadi yuktanam devanam tatra Parvati I
Snatumabyayayo toyay Jahnavya nrupanandana II
Parvati had come there for bath in Ganga, when the Devatas were praying, she asked them whom are you all praying, then Devi Ambika appeared from her, saying they are worshipping me. Parvati turned dark & was called Kalika devi.
ritika06 thumbnail
i have one doubt.
we have lot of temples of shiv and parvati.the whole world worships both of them together.but why is it that there's not a single temple where shiv and sati's idols are worshipped together?sati is worshipped only in the form of shakti peethas,that too her body parts or her ornaments or clothes.but she,as a whole,is never worshipped even though she is a goddess like parvati?can someone tell me the reason?  
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Tan,

From DSS,
Evam stavadi yuktanam devanam tatra Parvati I
Snatumabyayayo toyay Jahnavya nrupanandana II
Parvati had come there for bath in Ganga, when the Devatas were praying, she asked them whom are you all praying, then Devi Ambika appeared from her, saying they are worshipping me. Parvati turned dark & was called Kalika devi.

thanks
TimenTIMEagain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
One doubt shiv never married a human he married goddess adishakthi who had taken roop of mata sati and devi parvati. So why does cv want to show sati as a human as both are divine not to mention @lifeoktv via twitter retweeting some one @atanu4ever #Mahadev: the only God
among Trinity to marry
human beings, Sati &
Parvati. No wonder He is
closest to us, loves us so
much! @LifeOKTV
God this made me soo mad i feel upset at @lifeoktv &@atanu4ever's ignorance
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: TimenTIMEagain

One doubt shiv never married a human he married goddess adishakthi who had taken roop of mata sati and devi parvati. So why does cv want to show sati as a human as both are divine not to mention @lifeoktv via twitter retweeting some one @atanu4ever #Mahadev: the only God
among Trinity to marry
human beings, Sati &
Parvati. No wonder He is
closest to us, loves us so
much! @LifeOKTV
God this made me soo mad i feel upset at @lifeoktv &@atanu4ever's ignorance

dat's completely wrong. both sati and parvati were goddesses even though dey took human avatars.in dat case,ram,krishna,sita,etc.,can also be called humans bcoz dey took avatars in da form of human beings but dey r always Gods so sati and parvati r also goddesses.
In fact,i feel dat Lord Krishna is da only God who married human beings.He had 16108 wives,out of dem only 2-3 were goddesses,rest of dem were human beings .Rukmini was da avatar of Lakshmi.Jamvanti was da daughter of Jambhavan.I hv doubts whether Satyabhama was a human or a goddess.rest all of dem were human beings
TimenTIMEagain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for clearing it up, donno whats up with @lifeoktv how can they retweet such things
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Back after a long time. I'm again trying to catchup with the episodes and frankly speaking they are giving me a headache now.

Where does all these stories come from?

I'll have to read up the updates and posts from the past few days...

My major doubt is this:

From what I've read and known, it was Surapadma who obtained the boon  that he should be killed by Lord Shiva's son. Tarakasur was his brother. I don't know about any sons he had.

Any other versions of Skanda's story says Tarakasur was the main demon to be slayed by Skanda?

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Vibs

We touched on this a bit in the early portion of this thread - forgetting the page# now.  There are North Indian and South Indian versions of this.

In the North Indian version, there was no Surapadman or Simhamukha, only Taraka.  He was the one that Kartikeya killed, and once he was killed, it was over.

The South Indian version is what has Taraka as the 3rd of the brothers, and in that, both he and Kraucha died early, while Simhamukha and Surapadman fell later.

In this serial, they seem to be following the North Indian version, since there's no Surapadman so far, and so it's unlikely that they can just import them from nowhere.  But what they have done is shift Tarakasura so that he lived during the time of Sati, and even tried to contrive her death.  Then during the establishment of the Shakti Peeths and the birth of Parvati, they showed him try to sabotage that as well.  This is definitely off text.

If I find those page# above, I'll let you know.  Or else, if Varaali is reading this, she can fill in the sources.