Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -MeNe-

Thank you for the explanation. And what about the time when he is dancing to take the human form? Are some of these dance forms taught as part of classical bharatanatyam?

Not in entirety, these days at least.  Some postures / mudras / abhinaya are incorporated in Bharatanatyam recitals (a lot of twirling and spinning around) , when the Shiva Tandava has to be portrayed.

But Sage Bharata's Natya Shastra  discusses this in great detail and how it should be depicted by dancers. However, modern day sensibilities and the fact that it is women who mostly take to stage these days, do not allow us to follow Natya Shastra literally. Plus some of the postures and movements described are very very difficult and can be achieved only after years of dedicated training. So far I have seen only one eminent dancer be able to do this.

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I'm not Tamil, but I thought that the patron god of the Tamil language was Shiva, and that he imparted the language, and all its grammatical rules and everything to Sage Agastya.  At least that's what I recall reading in Aranya Kand.

According to one story, Shiva was the originator of Tamil language. From what I remember, Shiva was once beating his drum with both hands. From one side came the syllables of Sanskrit which was faithfully copied down by Panini - who later on went onto codify the rules of grammar in Sanskrit. From the other side of the drum emerged the syllables of Tamil which was noted down by Agastya. This is what I remember, corrections welcome

But, for some reason, Kartikeya is deemed to be  the patron of Tamil language. Maybe because his worship is so ingrained in the Tamil culture, even its language is considered his favourite.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
as far as i know he didnt...the show is putting more scenes etc to the actual story,a bit of masala you see...so that the story is more spaced out rather than rushed..
from what i have read the Shiv Sati story is actually really short,unlike the Pravati and Shiva story which is in a bit more detail...it gets over in barely a few stanzas...
I know Shiva disguised himself once as a Bramhin to see Parvatis devotion towards him before they got married...
and ya same question...did Shiv Ji ever take a Human Avatar..?
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am new to the forum. I have recently started watching DKDM. Thank You very much for the lovely thread . I am still to read most of the pages. The thread is a resource full of the information.
The EMOTIONAL aspect of the story between Sati and Shiva their love for each other always raises a question. If  GODS were " DIVINE" and  was their  love between them was different from that of us mortals?

The story/ serial so far as depicted the LOVE, Sati feels towards Lord Shiva as very humane. Please shed some light on this . Thank You in advance.

Edited by Peacefull - 12 years ago
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Love is love dear...and maybe thats why even Devtas weren't quite able to escape it...
even ShivJi was targetted by Kamdevs arrows during Parvatis birth and got affected quite badly...similarly during Satis time he was deeply in love with her and that is why he was so grieved when he lost her...
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Why is this thread not a sticky anymore? 😕
Sweet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi friends,

I want to share my knowledge about sati-shiv marriage. When the shiv baratis came at daksh palace, Shiv taken the roop of mahakal and all bhasm was on his body, He came along with all the bhut, pret and all that. Also Vishnu Laksmi also came with them. 

Bhramaji ne unka swagat kiya, or daksh ne ek pratha banayi thi, jisme sasur ko damad (son-in law)ke per dhone padte hai, unhone ye kiye per gusse me. 

When sati came to know how did shiv came, she takes out all the jewelry and wear flowers as her jewel- she says jaisa mera pati waise hi me.

After when shiv sits in the mandap, vishuji asks shiv now you should change ur avatar. Then Shivji changes his avatar.

Then that rasam cames where bride and groom has to find the ring. Shivji find it and he gave to sati, so that she win.

Then Shiv was brought to satis room, then her saliyas(satis sisters) ask him to show the rainfall of gold. Shivji says ok, then he called Mahalakshmi, she came and shower the gold coins. 

When Sati came to kailash Shivji made Palace of Gold for her.   

Its so romantic...
Sweet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nowhere - I only recall reading it here on I-F - Indra sending a daughter Jayanti to wait on Shukracharya.  But I too don't recall ever reading about it in any book, which is why I asked.

I knew that Indra had a son Jayanta, who was captured by Surapadman & family and made a prisoner, and who, in the Ramayan, once tormented Sita in the guise of a crow, and who Rama punished by making him squint eyed.  But I never knew that Indra-Sachi had any daughters.  If they did, surely Nahusha might have gone after her, instead of going after Sachi?

Indra ki ek bet ki shaadi shukracharya se hui the, as per to Vishnu puran. Uski story kuch is prakar hai:

jab shukracharya shivji ke pass gaye unse sanjeevani mantra mangne to Indra bhi waha pahuch gaye, ki unhe bhi chahiye.
tab shivji ne ek shart rahki, ki jo ek saal tak , tree se ulta latakker kewal patto ka dhua piyega, me usse hi sanjivani mantra dunga. 

Indra ye shrat sunser ghabragaye, ki kon se ker sakta hai, lekin shukrachrya ne ker dikhaya, jaise jaise time nazdik aane laga, indra ki chinta bhadne lagi, 

apne pita ko chinta me dekhker indra ki beri(dont remember her name) waha gayi or ussne patto ke ander lal mirch daal di, jisse shukracharya ke naak or muh me se khun nikalne laga. ye dekhker wo darr gayi, usse apni mistake ka realisation hua, shivji waha aa gaye or unhone turant shukracharya ko vardan de diya.

Indra ki beri ko pashyatap kerna tha apni bhul ka isliye wo shukracharya ke paas marriage proposal leke gayi, shukracharya ne usse test kiya or fhir usse accept ker liya. so she was shukrachryas wife.  
Suneel_kumar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
mahadev not in top 100

Life ok show stopper
Serial No.RankDateDayStart TimeProgrammeTVR
15904/03/2012Sun22:00SAUBHAGYAVATI BHAVA1.15
29004/03/2012Sun21:40MAIN LAKSHMI TERE AANGAN KI0.83

Target Group : CS 4 + Yrs (All India)

For the 10 week of 04/03/2012 to 10/03/2012

Source: TAM peoplemeter system

The data and information presented here is provided by Tam Peoplemeter Service. In case of any dispute over data 
given herein Indian Television Dot Com Pvt Ltd shall not be held liable.

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Suneel_kumar

mahadev not in top 100

Life ok show stopper
Serial No.RankDateDayStart TimeProgrammeTVR
15904/03/2012Sun22:00SAUBHAGYAVATI BHAVA1.15
29004/03/2012Sun21:40MAIN LAKSHMI TERE AANGAN KI0.83

Target Group : CS 4 + Yrs (All India)

For the 10 week of 04/03/2012 to 10/03/2012

Source: TAM peoplemeter system

The data and information presented here is provided by Tam Peoplemeter Service. In case of any dispute over data 
given herein Indian Television Dot Com Pvt Ltd shall not be held liable.

this is a doubt discussion thread...please dont post the TVRs here!