Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: akhl

Regarding Madhu and Kaitabh's death, I have read that they said they wanted to be killed in a dry place. All around there was only water, so they thought Lord Vishnu would not be able to find a dry place. But Vishnu killed them on his thing.

Yeah this is what I have seen in a show... Madhu Kaitabh asked for them to not be killed in a place there was no water because at that time, there was only the Sagar below them, that Vishnu slept on (with the Shesh Naag obviously)
INTOXIAHCATED thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Reshama.

how can ur spiritual grow? is it with mediation, jaap, pooja and think of ur istadev all the time...???

as far as bhagvat gita goes ...our spirituality can grow either by being entirely devoted to the cause of our family or by being emotionally stable and considering ur deity as the only truth of this world...

Always treat your friends and foes alike..and think about God when you are going through a downfall..have faith...if your heart is pure then you are already enlightened with spirituality. No need of poojas. 😊
Lovenarbhi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
It is a very good thread. I had several doubts about Mahadev, I could go thru only some comments but trust me it was really so very informative.
Thanks for such lovely thread Virsh 👍🏼
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I have a confusion...I saw the Suriya Puran where they told that Prajapati Daksha's wifes name was Virni..she was the daughter of Raja Viran...n here they are showing that Daksha's wife is Prasuti who is Manu's daughter...what is the truth?n in SP they also showed that Shukracharya was Daksh's good friend n also a adviser...he used Daksha n his Ahankar..he know that Daksha's daughter Diti will give birth of Daitya...n then he will become the Guru of them...but in other puran they said Shukracharya doing tapasya...at that time Asuras were fighting with Devas n they r loosing..so they take shealter to Shukracharya's mother..she is a big Bhact of Vishnu...so Asurs know that Devas will respect her..Devas went to Vishnu..for help..Vishnu came to asram n told the truth to Shukracharya's mother...she told Vishnu that she promised them so to kill them first he have to kill her...Vishnu agree...then after her death Vishnu kill Asuras...but one was still alive when Shukracharya came back n he told him lie against Vishnu..thats y Shukracharya became Daitya Guru..n hate Vishnu...so which is true?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The timelines above are a bit bizarre.  Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu were sons of Diti.  Hiranyaksha's daughter was Divya, whom Akhl mentioned early on in this thread, and Divya's son was Shukracharya.  So Diti had already given birth to at least 2 demons, and was probably giving birth to more.  So how is it a matter of foresight for him to predict that his great-grandmother will give birth to more demons, when she's already given birth to at least a couple?

Most of Shukrachaya's activities took place in the Treta Yuga, as far as I recall.
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@deboleena.manna

Brahm Puran says that there have been many Dakshas.

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
one question from my side...
is there any reason why aghoris drink Bhang and chilum,they are forms of intoxicants,arent intoxicants forbidded under Hinduism?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
AFAIK, there is no blanket ban on intoxicants in Hinduism.  It's true that Shukracharya banned it for brahmans in quest of knowledge, but even in mythos, intoxicants have always been available.  For instance, in Dwarka, after Samba gave birth to a mace and the curse of the rishis were known, Ugrasena gave an order banning alcohol consumption in the kingdom to try and avert that calamity.  In other words, in his kingdom, b4 the ban, intoxicants were very much allowed, and as per some accounts, there used to be a lot of politicking b/w different factions over games of dice and drinks.  In the Ramayan (forget the exact Sarg, but it falls in Balkand), a goddess of hard intoxicants - Sura - is mentioned.  In short, intoxicants were not considered sacrilegious as a whole, except in certain situations.
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

one question from my side...
is there any reason why aghoris drink Bhang and chilum,they are forms of intoxicants,arent intoxicants forbidded under Hinduism?

No way!! Soma drink has always been an integral part of Vedic ceremonies. All most all Gods of Indian pantheon are known to be pleased by Soma. Among Indian religions I think only the Shramanic sects recommend against consumption of alcohol or intoxicants. Lately even Vaishnavas are known to prohibit them.

Shiva - the 'wild' god - is most prominently associated with intoxicants and hence his followers - the aghoris, those who strictly emulate his way of life - too are addicted to Bhang and ganja..In fact Shivratri is incomplete without offering Bhang and/or ganja in small quantity..

Edited by Rehanism - 12 years ago
INTOXIAHCATED thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
in the show ... shiv is angry cause moon has been punished..and to appease shiv..mahashivratri would take place...but according to legends...mahashivratri isnt related to the incident between moon and daksha. :-/ ..anyone has any idea..and can tell me whether am wrong or right..